Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [Germany]

jonnybobbytimmy

The Devil™
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
Release date: August 1, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €59.99 - €46.99 - €43.99
Notes: 4 Discs

81SwHtZ0E+L._SX425_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IRON MAN
I pre-ordered the steelbook in the Netherlands (BOL.com), I bet it's the same :)

Don't like the 'Hand' edition. I mean, what's up with that!? This one approaches the atmosphere of the movie (and manga) more imo :)

€43.99 (includes Vat german vat 19%) was a previous price drop before it came back in stock
My order done months ago price dropped €45.47 higher price due to Rep of Ireland Vat rate of 23%

When did you do your order

Price the other day when it came back available again for a short period was €46.99

I'm sorry, I think this steelbook is just awful.

No amount of embossing would make me buy it. And for the price, well you could put that towards picking up the stunning Black Barons one.

Don't know why theres so much hype over this one. I haven't seen the film yet, but has the colour pallette used on the steelbook something to do with it? It's horrendous.

I just watched the movie today and I don't recall the colour of this steelbook having anything to do with the movie.
The movie was good though. I watched the regular Blu-ray.

So for those who were wondering, from looking at these images, all discs are region free. Interesting that in Europe the "ABC" logos are on the 3D, regular Blu-ray and bonus Blu-ray discs. The J-card shows the region "B" logo.

The North American discs don't have any region logos on them and the J-card has the region "A" logo but of course the discs should be region free as well.

20190723_125900.jpg20190723_130033.jpg20190723_125635.jpg

No amount of embossing would make me buy it. And for the price, well you could put that towards picking up the stunning Black Barons one.

Don't know why theres so much hype over this one. I haven't seen the film yet, but has the colour pallette used on the steelbook something to do with it? It's horrendous.

It’s based off of an official “art” poster but has nothing to do with the movie really.

Yes the BB one is far more superior. But from what I've read, that one would also be a lot more expensive (estimated 70 USD + shipping).

This is the better one among the two non premium releases, so I'm really looking forward to this one. It's as simple as that.

Don't like the 'Hand' edition. I mean, what's up with that!? This one approaches the atmosphere of the movie (and manga) more imo :)
The hands are simply the first things Alita sees when she wakes up, she tests them, she moves them, she looks at them, then they ARE part of the movie, the most important part, the first contact with her new reality and life

The hands are simply the first things Alita sees when she wakes up, she tests them, she moves them, she looks at them, then they ARE part of the movie, the most important part, the first contact with her new reality and life
Perfectly described! And this is this reason why I think that steelbook is perfectly chosen. It's well thought. The designers really know what this movie is about.

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Scraggy and spookz
The hand art is sooooooooo boring, this has some funk! And although nothing to do with the film, I just love the colours used. Goes well for some odd reason

Reactions: Sampy

Well said, guess I meant to say that I find the Hand artwork a bit boring on a steelbook :angel:

That be amazing if you can mate... Am sure I saw it in stock yesterday on media market or something, can't remember lol
Yes, they still got it on their website (Saturn as well), but you can't add to your cart. It's a bit frustrating.
Anyway I'll let you know how things turn out. :)

Reactions: Dhiraj1
1564351826717.png

Nice bit of embossing for rubbish artwork and if that design doesn't look like one of the least interesting Rorschach test cards then I don't know what it looks like . . . anyway, no comparison with the extremely elegant and classy hand artwork with the beautiful gold reflections to all parts . . . Beauty and the Beast with this one clearly "the Beast""

All you need to get started:-
1564353075697.png

really can't tell what's the finish from that photos but i still keep my order...

It’s spot gloss as listed on the official SteelBook site.

Now, I guessed Alita is glossy but it could just be the title that’s glossy. Either way, the “matte” parts on a spot gloss SteelBook are more “silky satin” than “streaky matte” so it’s still a step up regardless.

Reactions: goufcustom