Release date: July 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12039779-5364680498964815.jpg

12039779-2014680499031421.jpg
12039779-9784680498790953.jpg
12039779-1264647860535837.jpg

Last edited:
I've no use for 4K, so definitely not paying £30 for this. Hard pass!
Am half with you there.

Expecting to cancel and opt for a premium but for all 3 formats £30 is the average going rate(could always eBay the 4K disc)

Will decide later if am keeping this.
Was a great movie but the whole obvious franchise set up of an ending soured me a tad.
Might try watching it again, see if it holds up on repeat viewings.

Also, most of the movie was fullscreen with maybe 20-30 mins cropped to widescreen...wonder which(if any) format retains the IMAX ratio

Saw the film last night and definitely hope someone does a WEA premium release of the film (because we know the WWA steel wont look as good as the one in the OP)

I would guess Manta would be our best hope as I dont think HDZ tackle any 20th Century Fox films

Am half with you there.

Expecting to cancel and opt for a premium but for all 3 formats £30 is the average going rate(could always eBay the 4K disc)
Good idea, but honestly... it'd probably just bug me having an incomplete steelbook then lol.

I'll also most likely wait for a premium release anyway... hopefully one of those is at least 2D only!

Good idea, but honestly... it'd probably just bug me having an incomplete steelbook then lol.

I'll also most likely wait for a premium release anyway... hopefully one of those is at least 2D only!
Have a feeling these would be 3D or 4k coupled with 2D at least...if not all 3 formats like here.

Do they actually sell 4K + 3D tvs any more? Assume not, so this set is aimed at who... people with one of both?

I could do without the 3D, personally.

Do they actually sell 4K + 3D tvs any more? Assume not, so this set is aimed at who... people with one of both?

Many Sony and LG TVs from 2017 and before are BOTH 4K and 3D.
(The Sony Flagship Z series had both up until 2018)

I believe the older models still do so 2017 and earlier(as indicated above)

Sadly they are super expensive and the main reason am not upgrading....why lose a huge chunk of my collection(3D) for 4K that I see no real upgrade with(watched games and movies at buddies who have 4K).
If the price to upgrade was a) more reasonable and b) didn’t lose 3D I’d have upgraded long ago(though mostly for gaming I must admit)

I believe the older models still do so 2017 and earlier(as indicated above)

Sadly they are super expensive and the main reason am not upgrading....why lose a huge chunk of my collection(3D) for 4K that I see no real upgrade with(watched games and movies at buddies who have 4K).
If the price to upgrade was a) more reasonable and b) didn’t lose 3D I’d have upgraded long ago(though mostly for gaming I must admit)
If you can find old/new stock of a 65" or 75" Sony Z9D - I highly recommend it. Best TV ever. Best of both worlds, as the 1080p 3D gets an upconversion in both eyes - and the Z is a freaking blowtorch on luminence, which is perfect for 3D.

Epson, JVC, Sony, BenQ, etc. projectors do both 4k and 3D. I have a BenQ TK800 that does decent 4k and fantastic 3D. Needless to say I love these combo disc steelbooks! It is nice to see Zavvi have one for a change sine it seems France is the sole country who produces these on a regular basis.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Epson, JVC, Sony, BenQ, etc. projectors do both 4k and 3D. I have a BenQ TK800 that does decent 4k and fantastic 3D. Needless to say I love these combo disc steelbooks! It is nice to see Zavvi have one for a change sine it seems France is the sole country who produces these on a regular basis.
You can add some Optoma projectors to the list as well.

Reactions: C.C. 95
So is Alita a battle angel or not? Well, in Japan she is, but in the big ol US of A she ain’t.

I think an appropriate new title would be ‘Alita: Androgynous Battle Bot’

• Haha
Reactions: Basil
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012