Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any French-speaking ninjas who can help me with an issue I'm having with Amazon.fr? I returned some damaged items about a month ago, but the parcel got held by French customs because they claimed I did not include an invoice. I provided them with the invoice from Amazon and didn't hear anything back. Now the parcel is being returned to me and the return by date is almost due because it's taken so long. I have contacted Amazon.fr through their English contact form, but they tell me that they don't understand my email. I just don't want to be charged again for replacements because my returns parcel had issues being delivered back to them.

Do they ship them all together inside of a box?
In my experience...no. Ordered 6 steelbooks...they sent in a large cardboard envelope...all loose and banging into each other. All 6 damaged. After a nasty email they resent...promised they would send in a box...arrived in the same cardboard envelope...all mangled again! They are complete and utter idiots! Have a box in my basement with 18 damaged steelbooks from them. If you’re a gambler then have a go...you may get lucky!

Reactions: Maxibestof
Seems like every amazon int. store I buy from these days either ships a steelbook in an A1 mailer or plastic bag. There was a time when I felt comfortable ordering from amazon.de. They consistantly used the packaging shown in the OP. Now, everything is sent in an A1 mailer. Pretty frustrating and disappointing.

Seems like every amazon int. store I buy from these days either ships a steelbook in an A1 mailer or plastic bag. There was a time when I felt comfortable ordering from amazon.de. They consistantly used the packaging shown in the OP. Now, everything is sent in an A1 mailer. Pretty frustrating and disappointing.

Indeed, they've gone backwards. So I've been ordering 3-4 items at a time and adding gift-wrapping for an extra layer of security, those are being shipped in boxes. Not the best protection as inside it's just the gift-wrapping that's protecting a little, but still better than ordering one item or 2 and having them ship in those A1 mailers.

Indeed, they've gone backwards. So I've been ordering 3-4 items at a time and adding gift-wrapping for an extra layer of security, those are being shipped in boxes. Not the best protection as inside it's just the gift-wrapping that's protecting a little, but still better than ordering one item or 2 and having them ship in those A1 mailers.

I keep forgetting about the gift wrap. I used to do that when ordering from amazon.jp but looks like if i want something from amazon.de, fr or it, I'll have to do that too :thumbs:

I put an order in for 6 steelbooks from amazon italy, 4 steelbooks were sent in a large box and arrived safely but the other two were shipped seperately in a thin cardboard envelope and both arrived dented and no replacements available... what a shame... the numbers of returns must be huge so i don't understand why they don't improve their packaging...

Anyone else notice that Amazon.co.uk are now charging straight away for pre-orders rather than authorising and then charging at dispatch? Very annoying
It's mostly a few UK customers and a tiny number of customers based outside EU who have had this happen

Majority of customers though so far not had payment taken.
It's not happened yet to any customers based in Rep of Ireland.

Amazon UK have given different replies to customers who asked why

Note
There is no new EU Directive regulations that is happening 2019 that requires all retailers to do this
This excuse from Amazon is total BS

Just tell Amazon they are not to take payment for any of your pre orders until order is been prepared for dispatch

Last edited:
Amazon taking payment on pre orders was a website glitch

Amazon are now fixing the issue

Some customers who had payment taken on pre orders will receive an email today telling them it was an error

New pre orders done as of now payment will be only taken when ready for dispatch

This is a copy of email sent to some customers this morning

We are contacting you about a recent error on your account relating to your Amazon order #204-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. Your payment card was charged before your pre-order item was dispatched.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Yet I'm getting stuff from the USA to the UK. Just got a package this morning which was sent on Friday night and checking my account none of my USA amazon orders have been cancelled that I have pre-ordered (At least not yet!)

Reactions: kryptonite
Interesting orders I had with amazon.com which has specific delivery dates are now saying Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again
No idea if it means my order is going to be cancelled or the orders are being pushed back

Last edited: