Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon Germany have started now to use Carrier: ASENDIA even when you pay for shipping

Say goodbye to orders arriving on time if even at all and high risk of arriving damaged when they use Carrier: ASENDIA

Amazon will end up loosing customers if they continue using this carrier
Oh my God!

I'm currently dealing with these cowboys on amazon.it as we speak! :banghead:

Amazon have sent out TWO replacements for a damaged steelbook I received BEFORE CHRISTMAS and NONE OF THEM HAVE TURNED UP!! Last one was meant to be delivered by Jan 26th. I've been told to wait until Feb 3rd for that one now.

I've asked them to stop using these guys and use An Post instead.

Amazons deliveries used to never be like this. I've actually cut back on amazon a lot recently. :mad:

Amazon UK going downhill right now - just had two steels sent in A1 mailers, both arrived dented. One was a replacement for a previously dented steelbook sent exactly the same way, despite me asking them to use proper packaging. This is going to put me off buying from them in future. There's a limited amount of times I am willing to go through the replacement process (and a limited amount of times they'll let you apparently).

Amazon France now also using Carrier Asendia
Amazon will loose lot of customers if they continue with using Asendia as they are high risk

Amazom Germany order amazing arrived in 4 days but that was more luck than normal

57660e92-af74-4ad9-a721-fb352b0966f4_zps1j1mzqd3.jpg

IMG_20170208_180626889_HDR_zpszcdcl6v4.jpg

IMG_20170208_180637916_HDR_zpspvxmnm8k.jpg
IMG_20170208_180936911_HDR_zpsjcsy8uhu.jpg

Received a package from Amazon.fr
I ordered it with Global Priority shipping and opted for gift wrapping.
I thought they would using a box to ship but they ended up using an envelope.

The last few orders I've placed from Amazon UK have arrived like this. Each steelbook is in the individual box which in turn comes in a larger box.

Amazon.ca could learn a thing or 2!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The last three steelbooks I've received from Amazon UK have all been in standard A1 cardboard mailers! Not seen the packaging you've described from Amazon UK for over 2 years now...

This is how my last three steebooks from Amazon UK have been packaged...

View attachment 301355
Just had a response from Amazon UK:

"... the packaging methods we use have typically proven over time to protect item effectively. We take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we’ll replace it free of charge."

Sigh. Now over 1 month since shipping from Germany with that useless company Asendia.
This most likely ends any Amazon Europe buys if they continue to use this pathetic company to lose everything.

I received this copy of Pacific Rim UHD, along with another title, from Amazon UK earlier this week and both were packed in an overlarge thin cardboard mailer.

However not only did Pacific Rim come without the slipcase but it looks as though it may have been a re-sealed customer return. I have never before received a new blu-ray from a major retailer looking like this. Very disappointed with Amazon and both titles have now been returned for a refund.

DSCF6398.JPG DSCF6399.JPG

Haven't been having any better luck with Amazon.de either. An order placed last month arrived in the UK and then disappeared without trace thanks to Amazon Logisitics.

I only buy Amaray releases from Amazon overseas unless there is no other option.

The two times that I received damaged items from Amazon UK and Amazon DE they simply sent replacements and didn't even ask me to send back the damaged items so I was able to sell the damaged copies and make some money (which I was very happy with).

Amazon JP charges and arm and a leg for shipping but provides much better protection and I've never received a damaged shipment. The only downside is that the Japanese releases are $10 - $20 more than their US and European counterparts and many items can't be shipped to the US. The flip side is that the releases are Region A which I prefer when possible.

Last edited:
Amazon.de can now be viewed in English. If you log in to your account you should be able to go through the returns process in English in the same way as Amazon UK. Hope this helps :thumbs:.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/custom..._help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=504874&tag=hidefnin0d-21

For those who don't know, you can view any of Amazon's websites in English by using Google Chrome as your web browser. Chrome translates each page for you in real time and makes shopping much easier. I've purchased from Amazon Italy, Germany, UK and Japan and customer service is always efficient and helpful regardless of which country you decide to purchase from.

Has anyone tried the newest, cheaper shipping from az.fr or .it? Listed as AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping... @Wreck @apsmith21

Saves a few Euro and az.it lists it as taking about the same time as the older, cheapest option.

Has anyone tried the newest, cheaper shipping from az.fr or .it? Listed as AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping... @Wreck @apsmith21

Saves a few Euro and az.it lists it as taking about the same time as the older, cheapest option.

jsut recently ordered from spain, not sure which i chose. just ordered from UK and it showed both but price was same and time was listed as same. fyi

jsut recently ordered from spain, not sure which i chose. just ordered from UK and it showed both but price was same and time was listed as same. fyi
Thanks! I ordered the new Breaking Bad set from .fr using the new, cheapest shipping option. I might pluck in another order for a single cheaper steelbook just to test it out and see how it goes :D

Just had a response from Amazon UK:

"... the packaging methods we use have typically proven over time to protect item effectively. We take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we’ll replace it free of charge."

Makes sense. Items shipped using those envelopes may have a lower incidence of damages.

I went with the more expensive option on my Wonder Woman from .it. My general theory has always been - the longer it's in transit, the more potential for damage.

I went with the more expensive option on my Wonder Woman from .it. My general theory has always been - the longer it's in transit, the more potential for damage.
That's what I was shooting for. If anyone had any experience with it and knew that, since it was cheaper, it meant that it took longer to arrive

My last three orders from amazon.de arrived damaged, their latest packaging is a real joke and asking to ship a replacement with better protection doesn't help as they ignore that request (n)