American Psycho (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 07-13-20

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 3, for Red Carpet subscribers around 12 PM, and for general sale around 6 PM UK time - TBC)
Price: £25.99

am_psycho_1.jpg

The SteelBook contains a Patrick Bateman business card and comes in a beautifully designed slipcase.

• Disc 1 – 4K Ultra HD (Movie + Special Features)
    • DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MARY HARRON (RECORDED IN 2018 – 4K ONLY)
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH WRITER GUINEVERE TURNER
  • Disc 2 – Blu-Ray (Movie + Special Features)
    • AMERICAN PSYCHO: FROM BOOK TO SCREEN
    • THE ’80S: DOWNTOWN

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 24, 2013
Maybe you're right, but technically, an o-ring slip is still a slipcase. I can't remember, but I believe Zavvi referred to the Wonder Woman o-ring slip as a slipcase before anyone got their hands on it.
An O-ring is definitely not a slipcase.
An O-ring is a ring that slips vertically over the steelbook in the same way that a ring slips over a finger . . . in other words it's another name for a slipcover.
Tut, tut, Zavvi.

MM3

Jul 8, 2016
An O-ring is definitely not a slipcase.
An O-ring is a ring that slips vertically over the steelbook in the same way that a ring slips over a finger . . . in other words it's another name for a slipcover.
Tut, tut, Zavvi.
Slipcase, slipcover... same thing really - just different style. They are used to cover media. Even CD "slipcases" open from 2 sides like an o-ring slip. If you look online, many people use slipcover/slipcase interchangeably.

hatredhorror

(not actually) BANNED
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
its alright i guess.. good enough to open and enjoy the 4k disc.. might pick it up if it returns to stock..

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Not mine

Disappointing (n)
Yeah that’s nothing special unfortunately. Steel is just boring in terms of finish. rating logos on the slip looks awful. Printed j card back is awful too (but both expected). And the business card just looks like card. Pretty sure it don’t look like that in the film lol

shame because I like all the art used

hatredhorror

(not actually) BANNED
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
Yeah that’s nothing special unfortunately. Steel is just boring in terms of finish. rating logos on the slip looks awful. Printed j card back is awful too (but both expected). And the business card just looks like card. Pretty sure it don’t look like that in the film lol

shame because I like all the art used
yeah, its pretty ironic that the card looks cheap haha

Reactions: Flloydo
Aug 22, 2011
England
Wow I think they missed a place where they could have put text on the slipbox. Surely they could think of another logo or 10 to slap on there.

Nov 23, 2019
Washington, D.C.
Yeah looks underwhelming. The back of the slipcase is flat out awful and I was hoping the ratings logos would be removable stickers. I need to see the steelbook in hand but looks like a missed opportunity for cool debossing similar to the claw marks on the steelbook for A Quiet Place.

TheCollector86

still ballin'
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
great, thanks m8! do you think you will get hit by customs tho?
i hadnt have to pay customs duties for SW9, WW, Beserk and Samurai Shamploo

but still havent Meleficent 2 ...customs alert.

ah i remember you had that special „knife“ trick to avoid the custom charges.. i take your copy then if you go to prison
:D
oops, i totally forgot to register... will do now

Reactions: hatredhorror