American Psycho (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 3, for Red Carpet subscribers around 12 PM, and for general sale around 6 PM UK time - TBC)
Price: £25.99

am_psycho_1.jpg

The SteelBook contains a Patrick Bateman business card and comes in a beautifully designed slipcase.

• Disc 1 – 4K Ultra HD (Movie + Special Features)
    • DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MARY HARRON (RECORDED IN 2018 – 4K ONLY)
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH WRITER GUINEVERE TURNER
  • Disc 2 – Blu-Ray (Movie + Special Features)
    • AMERICAN PSYCHO: FROM BOOK TO SCREEN
    • THE ’80S: DOWNTOWN

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you're right, but technically, an o-ring slip is still a slipcase. I can't remember, but I believe Zavvi referred to the Wonder Woman o-ring slip as a slipcase before anyone got their hands on it.
An O-ring is definitely not a slipcase.
An O-ring is a ring that slips vertically over the steelbook in the same way that a ring slips over a finger . . . in other words it's another name for a slipcover.
Tut, tut, Zavvi.

An O-ring is definitely not a slipcase.
An O-ring is a ring that slips vertically over the steelbook in the same way that a ring slips over a finger . . . in other words it's another name for a slipcover.
Tut, tut, Zavvi.
Slipcase, slipcover... same thing really - just different style. They are used to cover media. Even CD "slipcases" open from 2 sides like an o-ring slip. If you look online, many people use slipcover/slipcase interchangeably.

Not mine

Disappointing (n)

Yeah that’s nothing special unfortunately. Steel is just boring in terms of finish. rating logos on the slip looks awful. Printed j card back is awful too (but both expected). And the business card just looks like card. Pretty sure it don’t look like that in the film lol

shame because I like all the art used

Yeah that’s nothing special unfortunately. Steel is just boring in terms of finish. rating logos on the slip looks awful. Printed j card back is awful too (but both expected). And the business card just looks like card. Pretty sure it don’t look like that in the film lol

shame because I like all the art used
yeah, its pretty ironic that the card looks cheap haha

Reactions: Flloydo
Hmm yep, looks pretty meh overall. Would much prefer the previous steel in that slip as they'd work a lot better together IMO.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Yeah looks underwhelming. The back of the slipcase is flat out awful and I was hoping the ratings logos would be removable stickers. I need to see the steelbook in hand but looks like a missed opportunity for cool debossing similar to the claw marks on the steelbook for A Quiet Place.

great, thanks m8! do you think you will get hit by customs tho?
i hadnt have to pay customs duties for SW9, WW, Beserk and Samurai Shamploo

but still havent Meleficent 2 ...customs alert.

ah i remember you had that special „knife“ trick to avoid the custom charges.. i take your copy then if you go to prison
:D
oops, i totally forgot to register... will do now

Reactions: hatredhorror