American Sniper (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 24, 2012
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: American Sniper
Price: £17.99
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus
Notes: Available to pre-order in store now. HMV & Fopp.

snipe.jpg

Sealed photo:
CGGmaCMWEAAfIBN.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how Fopp exclusives can be viable when they only have 8 branches and no online sales. They'd have to shift 500 copies per store :rofl:

Reactions: Flash
Nice, this should be avaliable in HMV stores too

Problem with Fopp Covent Garden is that they unseal them and remove the discs. Have complained about it before but their senior staff are a tough surly at times. Handy for me though as literally 20 yards from my office.

I'll definitely be getting this if it's available to buy through their online store (Xtra-Vision). ;)

It will most likely will appear on HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision Ireland and Xtra-Vision UK online
Give it a few weeks for the listing to show online

On a side note
HMV Ireland and Xtra-Vision have some listings of films as steelbooks for Diamond Luxe Edition(Neo Packs)
These are not steelbooks

Last edited:
Why do they unseal them and remove the discs?
For security reasons its not a great idea to put sealed stock on shelves on a shop floor with the discs inside
You be surprised at the amount of theft that happens in stores that put stock sealed on a shop floor its not a good idea to do so for high demand titles and new release titles
Even with security tags they will still be stolen by shoplifters

The Best way is to have sample cases on the shop floor and the sealed stock behind the counter so customers brings the sample case to the counter and then they receive a sealed copy

Also displaying sealed steelbooks on the shop floor not a good idea as customers can damage them while handling them

Most of the major studios can supply sample cases for a shop especially for blockbuster films

Guys, sorry I know this is the UK release.. I just would like to know if there is any word Canada will be getting this as well? It seems to be WWA: HMV for UK, Target for US and Kimchi+Nova for Korea..