An American Werewolf in London (4K+2D Blu-ray Ultimate Edition) (Turbine) [Germany]

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Release date: November 13, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon DE (Edition A) - Turbine-Shop Edition A - Edition B
Price: €58.63 (Amazon) - €64.95 (Turbine)
Note: Edition A limited to 2626 copies - Edition B limited to 1313 copies

Edition A
9485935mockup.jpg

Edition B
9485936_mockupFSK.jpg

Turbine are releasing AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON by John Landis in an Ultimate Edition on the 6th of November....
One of the best horror films of the 1980s can be experienced in the highest image and sound quality.
The film shines for the first time worldwide on 4K-UHD with HDR, incl. a remastered Blu-ray. The sound has been restored and comes out of the boxes in 2.0 or 5.1 (German & English).
The artwork of the Slipbox comes from Gabz (Grzegorz Domaradzki) and was blessed with a very satisfied smile by John Landis.
Will come with extensive extras:
On the bonus Blu-ray there are over 6 hours of audiovisual extras, among other things, the documentary ′′ The Legacy of the Beast ′′ (77 min) and ′′ Fear the Moon ′′ (98 min).
The 100-page book ′′ Man or Monster ′′ on film history with German text.
Slaughtered lamb beer lid, artcards, posters and stickers.
Plus a CD with the score and songs for the first time

119827741_4160505083965781_287597385786054187_o.jpg
9485936_packshotFSK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Germany really do well for some fantastic horror exclusives with great alternative art options. For those not put off by the text there has been a steady flow of horror/ cult titles getting nice releases. The mediabook subforum is worth a deep dive for anyone curious in titles that get overlooked for steelbook releases. Cheers.

Germany really do well for some fantastic horror exclusives with great alternative art options. For those not put off by the text there has been a steady flow of horror/ cult titles getting nice releases. The mediabook subforum is worth a deep dive for anyone curious in titles that get overlooked for steelbook releases. Cheers.

Totally agree, like this one :

Point ? There was once a time I hadn't heard of Play.com. Then I heard. Changed my world. :thumbs:

Turbine has released steelbooks (exlusives even) (that steel collector _should_ know), but also futurePaks, mediabooks . what ever. Cool Stuff.

But never mind. You do not seem to know even those steels. LOL.
I'm a steel collector primarily and haven't heard of Turbine Shop before, or not that I can recall anyway. That's precisely my point. Then again, this type of release doesn't always interest me personally otherwise I'd likely know them by now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Never heard of Turbine shop. Wind turbine yes ofc, but the retailer?? :cautious: Nope :confused::confused::confused:

you sir are stupid then. Call yourself a collector. Pfff

I love that nef has just made a point that he hadn’t originally heard of play.com before but when he did he knew about them Going forward. That’s usually how that works! Just like going forward I (and I’m sure you too mickle) will know who these guys are. Honestly couldn’t write this sh!t

The label is Turbine (= turbine).
Their former shop was called Rakete (= rocket).
Recently they relaunched the shop, also rebranding it to Turbine.

Totally agree, like this one :

That looks like a NSM records release same company that made Ginger Snaps Trilogy Leather bound book.

It I didn't recently purchased the Susperia Ultimate edition I would have tried and get that instead.
But the leather bound editions are highly sought after so it's probably sold out anyway.

Release info of The Thing and was released in 2019 and is sold out a while

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
@Lollard2002

Look at the thread OP Title
An American Werewolf in London
It's a 4K+2D Blu-ray release

Disc 1 4K UHD (Film)
Disc 2 Blu-ray (Film)
Disc 3 Blu-ray Extras
Disc 4 CD Soundtrack

I'm talking about the Thing not An American Werewolf in London

From Turbine's Facebook:

Dear friends of the American Werewolf,

We were totally overrun by the demand for our Ultimate Edition of AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON. The box with the Artwork by Gabz is SOLD OUT. Thanks for your support! This is crazy!

The edition size of this box will stay at 2,626 pieces. However, in order to satisfy the undamped demand, we are frenetically working on a solution which we can already present to you now. FROM NOW ON a box identical in contents (however, with different designs on the capbox, the digipak slipcase and the poster) with the exclusive artwork by Scott Woolston is available in the Turbine Shop:

An American Werewolf in London - Ultimate Edition B - (UHD + 2 Blu-ray + CD) (S.Woolston Artwork)

From Monday on it will be also available in limited quantities at certain special dealers. This box will not be sold on Amazon, for it's limited to 1313 pieces.

Thanks once again!
Have a nice weekend,
and beware of the moon!
Yours, Turbine

Reactions: hatredhorror