Andy’s La La Land Steelbook giveaway!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Name your favorite musical AND the romantic couple you find most interesting from the film!

1x winner gets this open (with 4k discs) copy of La La Land!

NOTE: YOU MUST ALSO POST A PHOTO IN YOUR RESPONSE TO QUALIFY!!!

A82AFC18-9F32-45AD-AEBF-A75248C0F975.jpeg

Great giveaway, thanks for the opportunity:thanks: .

My favourite musical is likely Moulin Rouge, and perhaps Singin' in the Rain, after having watched it for the first time only recently. However, noting that they have both been mentioned above, I'll list and picture the romantic couple, Stacee Jaxx and Constance Sack from Rock of Ages, just to keep things fresh ;)...

Rock of Ages.gif

Reactions: apsmith21 and gAnX
Thanks for the giveaway Andy

Might sound lame but it’s this film and this couple. Absolutely love the film and their chemistry. Missed out on picking this up too!!!

BB41CBC9-7B29-4C69-862A-9D177F6CD7DA.jpeg

I don't need the steelbook, but will participate for the benefit of someone else (pick someone to pass it on if I win).

Runners up are Straight Outta Compton, though not officially a musical, The Blues Brothers, Pitch Perfect, and Moulin Rouge for last place.

But the most favorite by far is Chicago! There is no romantic couple there, which is another major plus for me, everyone is lying and using each other, so I'll name sole Richard Gere's lawyer character Billy Flynn, as I like his song a lot, and Zeta-Jones' Velma Kelly as the second best.

Photos from my old 'newly arrived' folder.
R2 UK DVD steelbook, with debossed C and spot gloss.

ChicagoR2UK001.png ChicagoR2UK002.png

US 'Diamond Edition' BD
ChicagoUSBD.jpg

Korean Fullslip with booklet+cards
ChicagoKRBD.jpg

Press manipulation to influence the jury:

Reactions: apsmith21
La La Land is my favorite movie of all time and this is not even a joke. What makes Mia and Sebastian so special is that they didn't want to fall for each other as both of them were so focused in their careers and clearly didn't think too much of love after potentially being let down by it in the past,
however, they ended up falling hard and, unlike many other romantic movies, they ended up choosing their careers instead of leaving them behind for love. The final scene is just shattering every time I see it and, the movie as a whole, is a true love letter to cinema and Hollywood.

"Here's to the ones who dream"

Thank you so much for this giveaway, I own this movie in bluray and I have yet to get it on Steelbook form, wish I am the lucky one.

xLLL_D35_05828_R2.0.jpg

Reactions: apsmith21