Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening my Anime Loving Friends!
Just a quick mention.
Amz.com has the following up for a pretty good price but I'm throwing a caveat emptor in here as well;

- Black Butler S-1 complete. (Funimation, Classic) = $90usd.

Now this is pretty cheap compared to previous offerings however, consider this;

RightStuf has;

- Black Butler S-1 complete, LE (Aniplex, new release) = $150usd

So, what does an extra $60 give you?
- nice box
- 'naf goodies
- Aniplex upgraded release quality.

Some have said on forums the improved quality is quite noticeable, others say, only to fanatics.
I purchased the latter (as at the time, the former cost even more! ($180) and I think it's gorgeous.
I suggest doing some research either way before purchasing of course and as for S-2, well poop, it's still priced horrendously just for 'classic' let alone original.
So I'd advise waiting until Aniplex re-releases S-2, which I bet will be this year.

Cheers! :thanks:

Oh! Pics! (yes of course, heh)

Attachments

• BB C1.jpg
    BB C1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 233
  • BB A1.jpg
    BB A1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 228
Received a couple of lovely editions;

- Heroic Legend of Arslan Pts 1-2 (Universal UK lmtd boxed eds. - Blu)

- Vampire Knight ( Viz: complete series - DVD) [no Blu yet available]

Very happy with the sturdy chipboard Boxes the Arslan sets came in, as Amz.uk packing box was used as a Door-jam somewhere (arrived unblemished).

1559930943939.jpeg

Last edited:
I received the newly released Hellsing Ultimate: Funimation amaray yesterday from Amz.ca.

Unfortunately, they packed it with my order of The Official Complete Sherlock Holmes (HC) just released by the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

The book weighs almost 2 kilos and they packed the Hellsing amaray beneath it in the box! :sick:

Needless to say, the amaray is broken in a few places. It also came without a slip which for the price, is a disappointment as well.

Alas, Amazon, to my knowledge, won't do a replacement unless the discs are damaged and the discs are fine (on flipper leaves).

I planned on sending this copy to my daughter but I'll need to track down a new case first... frustrating.

As my gals have been eagerly awaiting this, I may just re-order one and bite the bullet on this one and keep it.

It will only be a "triple-dip" on this title so, what the hey...:)

1560131800266.png

I received the newly released Hellsing Ultimate: Funimation amaray yesterday from Amz.ca.

Unfortunately, they packed it with my order of The Official Complete Sherlock Holmes (HC) just released by the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

The book weighs almost 2 kilos and they packed the Hellsing amaray beneath it in the box! :sick:

Needless to say, the amaray is broken in a few places. It also came without a slip which for the price, is a disappointment as well.

Alas, Amazon, to my knowledge, won't do a replacement unless the discs are damaged and the discs are fine (on flipper leaves).

I planned on sending this copy to my daughter but I'll need to track down a new case first... frustrating.

As my gals have been eagerly awaiting this, I may just re-order one and bite the bullet on this one and keep it.

View attachment 431706
ouch. sorry to hear that man. weird Amazon doesnt replace damaged case.
Funimation once sent me a full replacement copy when an Amaray came damaged + missing slip.
Also, I think the Hellsing complete collection doesnt have a slip. I might be wrong but I think only the separate 3 releases that have the slips. I been wanting to get them too.

Reactions: Grendel
Thanks my friend.
I've asked Amazon in the past and maybe I just got someone on a bad day but they said if the discs are fine, they won't replace it.
Oh, well, I think I have the right size flipper case around this house somewhere heh.
You're right, the 3 individual releases have slips ( I have them as well) and wasn't really counting on one for this amaray but it would have been nice.
Not a biggie.
I haven't checked the quality of the release yet but when I do, I'll mention it here. :)
Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Some recent orders I've placed;
- Blood Lad (CE) - Amz.uk
- Blue Exorcist S-1 complete box set - Amz.uk
- Blu Exorcist S-2, Pts-1 & 2 (Kyoto Saga) - amarays - Amz.uk
Prices were very good for each of them. :)

Thanks my friend.
I've asked Amazon in the past and maybe I just got someone on a bad day but they said if the discs are fine, they won't replace it.
Oh, well, I think I have the right size flipper case around this house somewhere heh.
You're right, the 3 individual releases have slips ( I have them as well) and wasn't really counting on one for this amaray but it would have been nice.
Not a biggie.
I haven't checked the quality of the release yet but when I do, I'll mention it here. :)
Cheers!
On a side note, i suggest you start quoting replies. :LOL:
I'm not subscribed to all the threads so one might not see the reply always. :thumbs:

• Thanks

View attachment 431706

Sorry to hear that.

I've had them send me complete replacements in the past when encountered a similar mishap. Worth asking again.

Good Afternoon my Anime Loving Friends!
As the wonderful and exciting news of Kimchi releasing a new edition of Akira is already gaining momentum in the Steelbook thread, I won't replicate that info here.
BUT, when Kimchi releases the update, with pics of slips, I assuredly will post that here! :)

I thought I'd also take a quick moment to show a lovely new edition I received.
Though not Anime, it is animated and I think it's nice enough to show off;
- Castlevania,
- (AtA) AllTheAnime, Collector's edition (it's larger than I anticipated)
- I added the standard slip-case release beside it for comparison;

1560887162687.jpeg

• Thanks
Happily received this today.
Deliverer left in on doorstep, didn't knock or ring bell.
The shipping box was quite mangled but luckily Amz.jp planked the order!
Bless 'em!
- Mary and the Witches Flower (4K + Blu box set) [has Eng subs]

1561398018684.jpeg

Good Afternoon my Anime Loving Friends!
First I'd like to post a couple of pics of something that absolutely floors me.
A good friend of mine in Germany ordered this and it arrived yesterday.
I've sent him an email asking for more info and I can post it here for the curious.
I do know, IT IS HUGE! :OMG:

Ultimate Berserk Statue:

1561739570433.png

1561739586048.png

1561739602983.png

Reactions: Sampy