USA
Release date: November 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

Art TBC
antman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 204359 View attachment 204360 If I remember correctly the only other metal packaging suffering from a severe attack of the chicken-pox is the very attractive steelpack/metalpak/futurepak for "500 Days of Summer" which is absolutely covered with dots and with some on the spine too . . . though at least that one does have a title :thumbs: (pic to follow)
Anyway, regarding this one, I'd say that any design, even if wonky on a percentage of the print run, is BETTER THAN A BLANK SPINE though I see no reason why this could not have had a picture spine like several others including the lovely "Inside Out" if WWA doesn't allow for a title.

I have seen 6 copies of Inside out so far and all have a wonky spine and some kind of black lines running through front/back or both. One thing I noticed though was some people couldn't tell and others didn't care. I'm wondering if a perfect one even exists. The design is growing on me but because of the flaws seems far too rushed.

Yep - just received mine today, and the spine looks like that as well! email to Zavvi time!

...make that another!

According to their website, it's still showing as 'sold out' so they won't be able to send a replacement even if you try. Although we all know what Zavvi "sold out" really means, but are you prepared to take the chance? I once returned an item when it was still showing in stock, but by the time they received it, they had sold out, so didn't have any more to send me a replacement. Unlike more customer-focussed websites I could mention, they DON'T put a copy aside for you (or even send the replacement BEFORE you return the original), so you are just in their incompetent hands all the time!

What I propose to do is email them, as they always offer a discount initially anyway, so will probably just settle for that. It's the very least they can do when you are paying a price for a supposedly 'premium' product!
Just received the usual response:

"As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer a refund of 10%"

Seeing as this is still showing as "sold out", and therefore they would not be able to provide me with a replacement, I have decided to accept their "generous" (<cough>) offer on this occasion.

Still no sign of this, despite it shipping last Thursday. Its going to Parcel Motel here in Ireland first before coming to me but it doesn't usually take this long before I get notification its in the depot at least. Strange.

I had a second copy on order that hadn't shipped & I cancelled it as I hadn't the funds for both, so there should be at least one more copy going up for order on the site, provided they didn't over sell the thing!

Still waiting for mine to be dispatched even though I was charged for it on Saturday after my card being declined as I preordered it on my old card which expired before it was released, helpfully zavvi have replied to my 'where is my order' email with a 'we will attempt to charge your card in the next 24 hours' they better not charge me twice!

Still no sign of this, despite it shipping last Thursday. Its going to Parcel Motel here in Ireland first before coming to me but it doesn't usually take this long before I get notification its in the depot at least. Strange.

I had a second copy on order that hadn't shipped & I cancelled it as I hadn't the funds for both, so there should be at least one more copy going up for order on the site, provided they didn't over sell the thing!
Why did you send it to parcel motel? That's an extra €4 to get it delivered from them??

Why did you send it to parcel motel? That's an extra €4 to get it delivered from them??

Yeah, I was having landlord trouble when I ordered it & wasn't sure if I'd still be at the same address so I sent it there as I just thought it'd be easier. I had to do the same for Inside Out. Its all been sorted now but Zavvi don't allow a change of address option, unlike Amazon, which allowed me to change address for The Hobbit steelbook.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
my copy arrived today and very nice it is too and I don't mind that it's one of the commonest steels on the planet with releases in a zillion territories with the same artwork . . .
Nothing to add to what has already been written about it except that my spine is fine.
7/10

My spine isn't as bent as some photos I have seen but it is bent. The steel is really basic. One big cop out but we knew that before buying. It is quirky and I do like it a lot even though it doesn't make any sense.

Looks nice displayed with Austin Powers.

Last edited:
My copy finally arrived this morning. Luckilly my spine seems to be fine!
I'm not blown away by it, but it is as expected. I would not have pre-ordered a copy had I not wanted it!

When I asked Zavvi when my copy will be sent, they have responded saying its on special order with their suppliers and they don't have a date of when it will be available!!

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

When I asked Zavvi when my copy will be sent, they have responded saying its on special order with their suppliers and they don't have a date of when it will be available!!

In other words you ain't going to get it !!
Had this crap off them before , they really are a pi*s poor outfit at times !!

In other words you ain't going to get it !!
Had this crap off them before , they really are a pi*s poor outfit at times !!

That's my worry, as surely I would have had a copy already secured!!

Means hunting it from somewhere else then, though not before I give Zavvi a piece of my mind :mad:

In other words you ain't going to get it !! Had this crap off them before , they really are a pi*s poor outfit at times !!

That's my worry, as surely I would have had a copy already secured!!

Means hunting it from somewhere else then, though not before I give Zavvi a piece of my mind :mad:
Exactly the same BS response I got from Zavvi regarding my Sleepy Hollow order earlier this year... :angry:

My order was never fulfilled and later cancelled by them even though my pre-order was placed as soon as it went "live"! :punch: On top of that, I've never actually managed to acquire a copy due to prices sky-rocketing on the secondary market :mad::banghead::dead:

Thanks Zavvi... :mooning:

Exactly the same BS response I got from Zavvi regarding my Sleepy Hollow order earlier this year... :angry:

My order was never fulfilled and later cancelled by them even though my pre-order was placed as soon as it went "live"! :punch: On top of that, I've never actually managed to acquire a copy due to prices sky-rocketing on the secondary market :mad::banghead::dead:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I hint a slight bit of anger there :drool:

I've given them a piece of my mind, as I ordered this 10 minutes after it went live, so should have got a copy!!

Therefore decided to order from Amazon.de and may cancel this before Zavvi do!!

Reactions: Mickle_89
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I hint a slight bit of anger there :drool:

I've given them a piece of my mind, as I ordered this 10 minutes after it went live, so should have got a copy!!

Therefore decided to order from Amazon.de and may cancel this before Zavvi do!!
LOL :LOL: You detect correctly @JayWhit :naughty:;)

My post resembles my exact feeling towards Zavvi at that specific time and still to this day, find instances such as this very frustrating :ugh:

Reactions: JayWhit
I got delivery today
It's ok looking not a steelbook though that has any WOW factor in my opinion but it is nice to a degree

The spine on mine also is not 100% the marvel logo is not centered and the dots on the right side not full dots but half the dots
The spine is a margin short about 1 mm

I will take full set of photos tomorrow afternoon as I need daylight and post to the thread

Exactly the same thing happened to me with "Ex_ Machina" so I share the pain . . . the only difference being that I did secure a copy of that on the secondary market but for more than the Zavvi price unfortunately :(

Same happened with my sleepy hollow