Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: October 16, 2018
Purchase link:
Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: mini GB from apsmith21

Mini steelbook listing - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ant-man-mini-stlbk/6295938.p?skuId=6295938

4fb2416b-00e0-42f9-92ab-aa805f529fe5-jpeg.382538

6262690_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When did I request Ant Man to follow through??

I requested the DC releases depending on artwork... and each release will always depend on artwork and content. Don't have a go at me please when we are not obliged to buy anything without full information first. You might be staff on here and doing people a favour but you're out of order with your comment.

LOL, OK, sure. It's in this thread, get me a copy if it's a different finish than Zavvi.

So then I go and source it, because it looks to be a different finish from the pictures we're seeing, that seems very likely that part will be unique over Zavvi.

The steelbook is super limited, need to get my orders in ASAP so I can get a few copies for people, and you say, never mind.

:thumbs:

LOL, OK, sure. It's in this thread, get me a copy if it's a different finish than Zavvi.

So then I go and source it, because it looks to be a different finish from the pictures we're seeing, that seems very likely that part will be unique over Zavvi.

The steelbook is super limited, need to get my orders in ASAP so I can get a few copies for people, and you say, never mind.

:thumbs:
Yes of course but I requested to buy various together depending on artwork... not just one. How do I know if it's different to Zavvi? I either purchase for no reason and take a risk or wait and see if its different... then grab it later. Surely the latter makes more sense without full information? PM'd.

Yes of course but I requested to buy various together depending on artwork... not just one. How do I know if it's different to Zavvi? I either purchase for no reason and take a risk or wait and see if its different... then grab it later. Surely the latter makes more sense without full information? PM'd.

Exactly. In this thread, it's stated this release is much more limited than the previous Best Buy steelbooks. It will not be like Infinity War or Black Panther. Maybe half the allocation per store of those releases from what I've seen Best Buy insiders saying.

I've been trying to help folks (not saying you) that have budget concerns, or some other sort of problem that prohibits them from paying right away. So in that end, I look to purchase extras, because there are no sourcing copies for steelbooks any more, weeks later.

Best Buy doesn't hold stock due to small amounts of shelf space, and frankly the good steels sell out very quickly.

I've been holding stuff without payment, and have forced to return a number of things just recently at the store. With that volume held it can't be mailed back, and that creates problems for me showing up to the store with that many items to return.

This isn't an attack on you, but points to the larger problem I'm currently facing. Which is, I'll be sourcing as many copies as I feel appropriate. Buy or don't buy, and there will be no restock going forward if I sell out.

Just a few folks have been abusing the level of effort I put in, not even with any apology, and that will mess it up for other folks - and means people will have to go to ebay and pay that premium there if I can't source more.

With this Ant-man release, it's going to be a hot item from what I'm seeing. And it won't be available later for you to make up your mind about the other ones.

Exactly. In this thread, it's stated this release is much more limited than the previous Best Buy steelbooks. It will not be like Infinity War or Black Panther. Maybe half the allocation per store of those releases from what I've seen Best Buy insiders saying.

I've been trying to help folks (not saying you) that have budget concerns, or some other sort of problem that prohibits them from paying right away. So in that end, I look to purchase extras, because there are no sourcing copies for steelbooks any more, weeks later.

Best Buy doesn't hold stock due to small amounts of shelf space, and frankly the good steels sell out very quickly.

I've been holding stuff without payment, and have forced to return a number of things just recently at the store. With that volume held it can't be mailed back, and that creates problems for me showing up to the store with that many items to return.

This isn't an attack on you, but points to the larger problem I'm currently facing. Which is, I'll be sourcing as many copies as I feel appropriate. Buy or don't buy, and there will be no restock going forward if I sell out.

Just a few folks have been abusing the level of effort I put in, not even with any apology, and that will mess it up for other folks - and means people will have to go to ebay and pay that premium there if I can't source more.

With this Ant-man release, it's going to be a hot item from what I'm seeing. And it won't be available later for you to make up your mind about the other ones.

Going forward then once people know 100% there will be a group buy they should put their name on a 100% buy list prior to the GB going live and no backing out.
It's difficult for yourself yes, but also difficult if we don't know information 100%. I still don't know 100% if this release is different to Zavvi's... sometimes Zavvi's finish turns out better with embossing etc.
Yes it's a risk people have to take like its your risk in sourcing copies but as I say, an official list of members pre-GB who cannot back out once sourced would likely be best, which I'm sure you note down anyway.

Flat and Matte. Maybe spot glossed but I really don't know about that kinda stuff.

I wonder if the European editions will have any embossing or gloss.

Yea from the video it looks a bit boring, I'm guessing UK edition will be identical but hopefully some surprising embossing. I can't see it though for this one.

Yea after seen the video I may just cancel my order and wait to see if the European version would b better or just wait for premium n to see if blufans has planes for it! Almost 40 bucks for this? I don’t think so.

Yea after seen the video I may just cancel my order and wait to see if the European version would b better or just wait for premium n to see if blufans has planes for it! Almost 40 bucks for this? I don’t think so.

I want to see the Blufans Ant-Man and the Wasp plane! :D I was too late to cancel this, but I like the honeycomb background.

Was hoping for better finish here in the states. Might even pass on the BB to see what else is out there for this art. Taiwan has nice release but not sure about the finish

Does look poor. Hoping zavvi at least have spot glossing on the characters. Maybe like black panther

Not as good as the first Ant-Man (The Best Buy SSD Design) that remains one of my favorite MCU steelbooks.
I'm still ecstatic to add this to my ever growing MCU collection!

Not as good as the first Ant-Man (The Best Buy SSD Design) that remains one of my favorite MCU steelbooks.
I'm still ecstatic to add this to my ever growing MCU collection!

Is the honeycomb effect metallic or spot gloss? Or just... there

Considering that I do not like the first Ant-Man steelbook with the ugly dull grey SSD look, this is miles better imho. Anxious to finally get mine, should arrive by the end of the week. :D