Jan 22, 2012
Iowa
FB_IMG_1435734090277.jpg
View attachment 171248 Kevin Tong - Ant-Man

Holo foil version
$85
Edition of 175

Last edited:
Looks pretty awesome. I like how the holofoil effect will actually make sense to the artwork as if he's running and shrinking like how the tag line suggests

I wish mondo would put up a short video so we can see the foil in effect.

I wish I could watch the movie and know if I really would hang it. Haha. Tho I don't have much wall space left for anything so most purchases these days are just getting stored anyways. Got room for a landscape tho. However at 175 qty this still seems like a print that will always sell above retail so I see it selling out for sure.

Ant-Man by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Marvel's latest chapter ANT-MAN, opening in theaters this weekend, looks to be an incredibly fun and appropriately-sized palate cleanser to the huge feast that was AGE OF ULTRON earlier in the year. The MCU is at its best when it adopts a genre and infuses it with that mighty Marvel flair, and we're antsy (get it?) to see The House of Ideas' approach to heist capers.

We released the foil variant of Kevin Tong's ANT-MAN poster this past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, and tomorrow we'll have the regular version available online. Kevin says that Ant-Man was an amazing opportunity to play with scale and composition. "The real fun for me was making the hero tiny - at the bottom - surrounded by ordinary and mundane objects."

This poster will be available online at a random time on Friday, July 17th.

ant1.jpg

I like it. Maybe more red than I would prefer. I'm going to try and grab a print from each movie in the MCU and I'll have the steelbooks to match.

Only the regular edition will be available tomorrow. The variant is already sold out. I will try to get the regular one tomorrow if I am fortunate enough.

Only the regular edition will be available tomorrow. The variant is already sold out. I will try to get the regular one tomorrow if I am fortunate enough.
Thats what I assumed but do you know for sure? It would be awesome if they threw a few foils up as a surprise.

These will be going up on mondotees.com right?

Thats what I assumed but do you know for sure? It would be awesome if they threw a few foils up as a surprise.

These will be going up on mondotees.com right?

Yeah, mondotees. Set up a text alert from their twitter page. I read from their blog that only the regular version will be available for sale today.

Twitter text alert wont help you on the really popular drops. Gone too fast. Now a browser bot on the other hand. ;)