Feb 23, 2012
Reading, England
Release date: October 19, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

received_282221196619236.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I gotta buy this movie again? I don't think I watched it as many times, as I've paid for it... something is really wrong there. ☄

• Haha
Reactions: Hereticz
Apocalypse Now is getting a lot of steelbook love last 2 years. Really happy about that.
This $20 4K steel might look better than $100 steel from Nova…

I've been digging most of theses lionsgate 4k pet releases, but this one is a bit off to me.. The steel design is fine (not super amazing, but fine), the pet slip doesn't make any sense though..

It doesn't do anything clever like the GITS one, or accentuate the steel like the DD one. Its just another big 'ol head like the rear of the steel, which won't even be visible with the pet on..

The nova looks miles better (as it should for x5 the price), as does the zavvi redux steel. As I've got the nova, and personally don't even like the final cut, I'll probably give this one a miss.

I've been digging most of theses lionsgate 4k pet releases, but this one is a bit off to me.. The steel design is fine (not super amazing, but fine), the pet slip doesn't make any sense though..

It doesn't do anything clever like the GITS one, or accentuate the steel like the DD one. Its just another big 'ol head like the rear of the steel, which won't even be visible with the pet on..

The nova looks miles better (as it should for x5 the price), as does the zavvi redux steel. As I've got the nova, and personally don't even like the final cut, I'll probably give this one a miss.
There is a reason why they say "Two heads are better than one." I think it applies to this steelbook.

There is a reason why they say "Two heads are better than one." I think it applies to this steelbook.
Well, they say it because two minds are likely to come up with a more well rounded idea than one.. under that logic, I'd say half a mind came up with this half baked design.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Even if I didn't like the design that much, I'd probably still pick it up to keep supporting Lionsgate actually putting out quality releases of great films at a $19.99 price tag. They've been killing it. Price creep is everywhere except with these.

@apsmith21 You know what you gotta do :wow:

GB, pleaaaaaase

NAPALM!

Another to the collection :cigar:

Group buy posted

I can add more if needed, not sure how many folks would like a copy.

Reactions: apsmith21
Group buy posted

I can add more if needed, not sure how many folks would like a copy.
I would like one if you can add one more, buddy!