Apocalypse Now - Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #31) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: August 13, 2021
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order July 30, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $98.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $197.98 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti - Full Slip - One Click
Note: Full Slip 1000 copies - Lenti 1000 copies

41D2EF31-A175-4DD3-898C-61F84363DF47.jpegFB70B7A1-87BC-4EDB-BB40-7136F266ECA7.jpega91b9375dbb4447fe4611a52b06364db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to see so much love for the film. For me it's The Best Film ever made. Wonder how many times I've said it on this forum ? :rofl: (Seem not enuff as I was not tagged ) :coffee:

As for the price. Nova, listen to me now, carefully. ! I'm going to bite ASAP this is out. If I see the price coming down in couple of months - now read my lips - I'm gonna find you and fu*k you up !

tumblr_mfm445mKzh1qg39ewo1_500.gif

:naughty::rofl:

Love that black background art, which is on the superb Italian steel. May have to bite anyway. :thumbs:

It has probably more to do with the very small pressing of only 2000 steelbooks. It just costs more to press a small number and it could actually be similar to the Midsommar Japan situation, except that Apocalypse Now is a legendary film and this is the first premium release of it. I'll get one of them for sure and if its a good day I'll order both :)
Personally, I don’t think so. It might increase the price of steelbook a bit, but not 100%. There were multiple releases with 2K printrun for a usual price.
I think they got charged a lot for 6 discs and they knew they won’t be able to sell 4K steels for that price, so they went with a print run of 2K.
Of course, that’s just my speculation.
Notice that Nova usually doesn’t have 4K discs, and they said multiple times that it would substantially increase the cost that’s why they usually stick with standard Bluray.

The amount of disks and the 4k increase it a ton im sure. The 6 disc steelbook from Zavvi was over $50 alone. So you get a WEA steel and goodies for the extra cost, and im sure it cost NOVA more for the 4k than most places would have to pay

This is nice, but I still haven't seen a steel I like as well as the old Zavvi—which, back in the day, lingered so long in stock that it had some price drops, which is kind of hard to believe in retrospect. The price for this edition, though... :(

I wish title treatment didn't have to include "Final Cut" forever. Blade Runner, and now this... we're never going to just get the title of the film on its own again, are we?

Also not sure about the lenti poster image. I'm hoping it's just that the colors are a little off in the preview image, because Peak's original is more orange than red, and it's a lot crisper than what's in the preview here. Even so, not sure how much potential it has for lenticular, really.

7ec946791d078dc9ed5f2a48ae9daeb0.jpg

They should have done blu ray editions and 4K editions.
The cost and redundancy of the blu ray discs is really horrible. I have zero use for them (save for a special features blu ray disc).
If you are a non-4k person, buying for just Blu ray - the same thing is happening in the opposite direction: No use for the 4K discs.
Just do two separate editions

Reactions: milky
This is nice, but I still haven't seen a steel I like as well as the old Zavvi—which, back in the day, lingered so long in stock that it had some price drops, which is kind of hard to believe in retrospect. The price for this edition, though... :(

I wish title treatment didn't have to include "Final Cut" forever. Blade Runner, and now this... we're never going to just get the title of the film on its own again, are we?

Also not sure about the lenti poster image. I'm hoping it's just that the colors are a little off in the preview image, because Peak's original is more orange than red, and it's a lot crisper than what's in the preview here. Even so, not sure how much potential it has for lenticular, really.

7ec946791d078dc9ed5f2a48ae9daeb0.jpg

I was thinking the opposite re: Lenti - can imagine some real depth //

As deep as the price

Are there any 'Art of -" books?

I was thinking the opposite re: Lenti - can imagine some real depth //

As deep as the price

Are there any 'Art of -" books?
I dont believe there are. There a a few books out there on the movie but they tend to focus on the production story or analysis with plenty of production stills. The only concept art I've seen in these tends to be limited to storyboards or storyboard style artwork like you can see here Anatomy Of A Scene: Apocalypse Now . I dont recall seeing any lavish paintworks like we are used to seeing around Star Wars or more modern Big Movies. It could be that a lot of Apocalypse Now was written and filmed as the went along, so outside of say Kurtz Compound design and the helicopter attack sequence, there was quite a degree of fluidity to the movie and what they were filming. Maybe there is some stuff knocking around in the Zoetrope archives? Personally I would say it deserves a lavish coffee table style book, but I wonder how much more unseen art there is out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
The amount of disks and the 4k increase it a ton im sure. The 6 disc steelbook from Zavvi was over $50 alone. So you get a WEA steel and goodies for the extra cost, and im sure it cost NOVA more for the 4k than most places would have to pay
^ this.
People keep on referring to digibooks and such but this release comes with a WEA steelbook and some goodies.
Maybe, just maybe, 99$ is a bit off the chart but we're still close I think.

Close to what?
I'm nowhere close to wanting to pay $100 + shipping for one of these.
All who are saying too many discs are onto something, there's too many discs except for the most cultic of cultists.

The booklet appears to be a reproduction of the one included with the 3disc digipack. Worth mentioning that one had a reproduction of the 1979 original theatrical program which is a nice item for any A.N fans..

Attachments

• 20210501_104126_resized.jpg
    20210501_104126_resized.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210501_104151_resized.jpg
    20210501_104151_resized.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 100