aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 692
Last edited by a moderator:
It would depend on how many cancellations there was if the cancellation was small amount they might not have ended back available as this did sell very fast when it originally went live

It was a highly wanted release and only 2000 print run it was a very fast sell out

If there was still a lot of stock it would have appeared by now or they did not get all of the stock from StudioCanal due to some mistake did not supply all the stock and its possible they are awaiting this stock and was reason for release date change

It might simply be this its really sold out

I thought that about Ghostbusters 2 Zavvi exclusive too. I reckon there are still plenty of these available.

I don't think this will be back in stock
It was a very fast sell out and very highly wanted release
It sold out in 2 hours the day it went live

Simple question does anyone still have this on order but not despatched to them yet

If all who ordered this got their order despatched then it is simply sold out
The amount of people who would have cancelled this would have been small and would not have been enough to show up back available to order

If its the case that some still have this as a pre order not despatched then its a different matter

So does anyone still have this as an order with status Awaiting Stock Pick

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I don't think this will be back in stock
It was a very fast sell out and very highly wanted release
It sold out in 2 hours the day it went live

Simple question does anyone still have this on order but not despatched to them yet

If all who ordered this got their order despatched then it is simply sold out
The amount of people who would have cancelled this would have been small and would not have been enough to show up back available to order

If its the case that some still have this as a pre order not despatched then its a different matter

So does anyone still have this as an order with status Awaiting Stock Pick

This isn't out of stock completely though, as a number of people have admitted to cancelling their orders (some of which had multiple copies on order) well after it went Out of Stock and Zavvi themselves turned up to the MCM Expo with a bunch of copies last month. I was there every day and they didn't sell out of them - sadly I just didn't have the cash to buy one.

So clearly Zavvi do have a bunch of copies in hand - though I doubt they will put them back "In Stock" on the main site as it were. My gut feeling is that they'll eventually turn up on the ebay Outlet store for a higher price than originally offered at. Guess we'll have to wait and see, can't see Zavvi sitting on that stock and not selling it anywhere at all.

Reactions: levi
There were photos posted of Zavvis stall at the Expo (I can't remember if I saw them on this site or on their Facebook page) and I couldn't see one copy of this there. Are you 100% sure? All the stock they held back for the Expo has since been sold on on their site (Pan's Labyrinth, Evil Dead 2, Young Frankenstein etc...) So I can't see why this would be any different if they had it? What would they gain from NOT selling an item?

There were photos posted of Zavvis stall at the Expo (I can't remember if I saw them on this site or on their Facebook page) and I couldn't see one copy of this there. Are you 100% sure? All the stock they held back for the Expo has since been sold on on their site (Pan's Labyrinth, Evil Dead 2, Young Frankenstein etc...) So I can't see why this would be any different if they had it? What would they gain from NOT selling an item?

Quite sure - I was working there daily and browsed their stand a few times. Though I should clarify that they had different items out on different days. The Friday was pretty much ONLY Young Frankenstein for example, then they had some items out on Sat/Sun that weren't out on the other days. But you only have to look at how long they were sat on some of their other Out of Stock releases (like the ones you listed, and There Will be Blood etc) before they suddenly turned up at that expo and then on their site. So I guess Zavvi can do what they like.

This item has never come back in stock on their site, yet you only have to look through this thread to see that a bunch of people cancelled their pre-orders. So either Zavvi oversold their 2k allocation (unlikely) or they have some sat around somewhere, for whatever reason.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I think Zavvi might be trying to boost sales, quite clearly a Steelbook going out of stock for a while failed to have a positive sales effect, e.g. Ghostbusters 2. You never know, I find it hard to believe this has "sold out" considering the lack of these on the bay.

it isnt sold out the same way

pans labyrinth

the boy in striped pajamas

ghostbusters 2

there will be blood

evil dead 2

indiana jones

the wickerman

cabin in the woods

marvel assemble

and many many more, all sold out for months on end to later appear through zavvi, its outlets or at expos and be available in seeming abundance.

This isn't out of stock completely though, as a number of people have admitted to cancelling their orders (some of which had multiple copies on order) well after it went Out of Stock and Zavvi themselves turned up to the MCM Expo with a bunch of copies last month. I was there every day and they didn't sell out of them - sadly I just didn't have the cash to buy one.

So clearly Zavvi do have a bunch of copies in hand - though I doubt they will put them back "In Stock" on the main site as it were. My gut feeling is that they'll eventually turn up on the ebay Outlet store for a higher price than originally offered at. Guess we'll have to wait and see, can't see Zavvi sitting on that stock and not selling it anywhere at all.
That does not answer my question
Does anyone still have this on order and listed as awaiting stock pick

Zavvi don't always put back on their website cancelled stock if they only had small number of cancellations

They yes had small amount of stock kept aside for MCM Expo and that don't mean these were cancelled orders but stock from their office and promotion stock from studiocanal kept for that reason to promote zavvi at MCM Expo
I did not see on mass lot of people say they cancelled their orders at any stage in this thread or other websites forums

What makes you think there was large amount of orders cancelled by customers a release that sold out in 2 hours the day it went live and was a highly wanted release

What do you consider large amount of orders cancelled to be and what amount do you think was cancelled and how you come to that number

I have not seen anyone say they are still awaiting their order to be sent to them
Again does anyone have an order still showing as awaiting stock pick for Army of Darkness steelbook

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jackanape
Su
That does not answer my question
Does anyone still have this on order and listed as awaiting stock pick

Zavvi don't always put back on their website cancelled stock if they only had small number of cancellations

They yes had small amount of stock kept aside for MCM Expo and that don't mean these were cancelled orders but stock from their office and promotion stock from studiocanal kept for that reason to promote zavvi at MCM Expo
I did not see on mass lot of people say they cancelled their orders at any stage in this thread or other websites forums

What makes you think there was large amount of orders cancelled by customers a release that sold out in 2 hours the day it went live and was a highly wanted release

What do you consider large amount of orders cancelled to be and what amount do you think was cancelled and how you come to that number

I have not seen anyone say they are still awaiting their order to be sent to them
Again does anyone have an order still showing as awaiting stock pick for Army of Darkness steelbook

Surprisingly I can't answer your question as I don't have access to the Zavvi accounts of everyone who ordered this - to see if they've had it sent it not. What a thing to ask.

As for the rest, where did I say there were large quantities of cancellations? I didn't. Merely that this thread shows there were some, and MCM showed that Zavvi still had stock. Just like the had stock of a bunch of other small print run items that had sold out quickly before. So saying they don't put small amounts of stock back online is patently false, as they've done it many times before. How long was Nightmare Before Xmas sold out? Same with TWBB?

It doesn't really matter if they only have a few hundred left (or less)- my point was that they won't sit on that stock forever or cart it to every expo. Eventually it will turn up online via one of their numerous outlets. As there isn't sense them sitting on stock, no matter how many/few they have.

Su

Surprisingly I can't answer your question as I don't have access to the Zavvi accounts of everyone who ordered this - to see if they've had it sent it not. What a thing to ask.

As for the rest, where did I say there were large quantities of cancellations? I didn't. Merely that this thread shows there were some, and MCM showed that Zavvi still had stock. Just like the had stock of a bunch of other small print run items that had sold out quickly before. So saying they don't put small amounts of stock back online is patently false, as they've done it many times before. How long was Nightmare Before Xmas sold out? Same with TWBB?

It doesn't really matter if they only have a few hundred left (or less)- my point was that they won't sit on that stock forever or cart it to every expo. Eventually it will turn up online via one of their numerous outlets. As there isn't sense them sitting on stock, no matter how many/few they have.

Were did I ask you to access to the Zavvi accounts of everyone who ordered this - to see if they've had it sent it or not
LOL LOL:LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never ever asked you to check that
Read again its a question to others to answer and no one has yet answered it was not a question for you to answer unless you happened to have an order with stock status awaiting stock pick

No one has replied with an answer yes I still have an order for Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with status of awaiting stock pick

That means then all who placed an order got their orders despatched

Army of Darkness - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook sold out in 2 hours it was a highly wanted release so its expected some people will miss out including the scalpers

Since no one has posted I'm still waiting for my order to be despatched its clear then all who placed an order got their order despatched

If there had of been lots of customers with an order status still showing awaiting stock pick then I would have said there was a supply problem but no one has said they did not get their order despatched so its clear all orders were despatched in September

It happens with all very popular releases especially that sell out fast some will miss out it happens to all of us

I will most likely miss out on a future release I want and so will others

If there was lots of stock available you would have seen them made available by now
If there was a problem with the print run then we would have seen customers saying were is my order

This in my opinion was not a release were there would have been lots of people cancelling their orders only those who missed out hoping there was lots of cancellations so it would come back in stock especially the scalpers who did miss out with this release and I'm glad the scalpers did miss out but I do feel sorry for the fans and genuine collector who missed out

Releases that are sold out do happen especially with a highly wanted release

I often do it myself hope for a release to come back in stock that was sold out if I missed out and sometimes I get my wish but very rarely with very popular releases that sell out very fast

Zavvi ship orders worldwide so a print run of only 2000 for a highly wanted release is very easy to see it be sold out

Its also normal for some stock to kept in Zavvi Head Office and StudioCanal have stock not to re appear for sale on-line on their website
There is always a % of stock kept for promotion use and to be given to staff and others and I would say that was what was available the MCM Expo and also the other sold out releases people saw

Last edited:
Were did I ask you to access to the Zavvi accounts of everyone who ordered this - to see if they've had it sent it or not
LOL LOL:LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never ever asked you to check that

If there had of been lots of customers with an order status still showing awaiting stock pick then I would have said there was a supply problem but no one has said they did not get their order despatched so its clear all orders wer

If there was lots of stock available you would have seen them made available by now
If there was a problem with the print run then we would have seen customers saying were is my order

This in my opinion was not a release were there would have been lots of people cancelling their orders only those who missed out hoping there was lots of cancellations so it would come back in stock especially the scalpers who did miss out with this release and I'm glad the scalpers did miss out but I do feel sorry for the fans and genuine collector who missed out

Releases that are sold out do happen especially with a highly wanted release

I often do it myself hope for a release to come back in stock that was sold out if I missed out and sometimes I get my wish but very rarely with very popular releases that sell out very fast

Zavvi ship orders worldwide so a print run of only 2000 for a highly wanted release is very easy to see it be sold out

Its also normal for some stock to kept in Zavvi Head Office and StudioCanal have stock not to re appear for sale on-line on their website
There is always a % of stock kept for promotion use and to be given to staff and others and I would say that was what was available the MCM Expo and also the other sold out releases people saw

You specifically said that my post didn't answer your question about whether people still had it on order. So........

Again you aren't reading what I'm saying. To date there have been very few Zavvi exclusives that have sold out and then never come back into stock (I can think of maybe Frozen and Roger Rabbit) and plenty that have been out of stock for months and then suddenly reappeared on Zavvi or one of their other outlets. It has happened countless times.

So there are clearly some copies left (I never said a lot) and Zavvi will no doubt sell them at some point, via some method. Saying how and why they are holding them back is pure speculation on your part, as unless you work for Zavvi then how can you possibly know what they do with their excess stock?

Reactions: tokaman
You specifically said that my post didn't answer your question about whether people still had it on order. So........

Again you aren't reading what I'm saying. To date there have been very few Zavvi exclusives that have sold out and then never come back into stock (I can think of maybe Frozen and Roger Rabbit) and plenty that have been out of stock for months and then suddenly reappeared on Zavvi or one of their other outlets. It has happened countless times.

So there are clearly some copies left (I never said a lot) and Zavvi will no doubt sell them at some point, via some method. Saying how and why they are holding them back is pure speculation on your part, as unless you work for Zavvi then how can you possibly know what they do with their excess stock?

I worked in the business for years and know how film studios keep stock back for promotion purpurse and other uses
This was a release that sold out very fast it was limited to 2000 not usual 4000
2 hours to be sold out says it all
If this comes back in stock and is available for a long period then I would be wrong
But it's now November it's was released in September
If you missed out your not alone lots of people missed out reason it sold out in 2 hours

If this was a release that was a print run of 4000 then yes you would have seen come back be sold out again and back available and be then totally sold out

Print run of a release of only 2000 is very small print run for a very wanted release
I was not surprised it was sold out its not like some of the other 2000 print runs releases lots of them were not high demand titles and they were always going to be available for long period
Its very easy to sell out a high demand title if the print run is low

I was surprised it was only limited to 2000 it could have sold lot more but studiocanal only went with 2000
It very possible at some stage it could get a release in another county like Germany for example

Last edited: