Artist reccomendations

Jun 30, 2016
Hey fellas first post here. Just started my print collection a couple months back and I was curious if any of you guys had any favorite or recommend artists? My taste revolves around TV & film, with my top artists being the very talented Andy Fairhurst and Matt Ferguson.

Any help would be appreciated, have a great day!

Reactions: dan8885
Welcome to HiDefNinja @Liftid :thumbs: Enjoy the community and if you ever got any questions don't hesitate to shoot a PM :thumbs:

Thanks for the tag @Apollon :thumbs:

My favorite artist right now is Ise Ananphada. She did some unofficial print commissions and her detail is insane. Check some of her commission work HERE, HERE or HERE
She's doin right now one of her first official works, Star Wars Force Awakens for Bottleneck Gallery HERE

I also really like Kevin Tong, my favorite is his Mulholland Drive, see HERE

Artist I also really like are: Martin Ansin, Gabz, Ken Taylor, Francesco Francavilla and of course also Jock :)

I left out one name because ninjas who are tagged with me will name him very fast (Tyler Stout) :p

@Apollon @dan8885 @Liftid

Jock is a favorite of mine as well; his Year One Batman Variant and his Ex_Machina prints are my personal favorites

Like Dan said Ise is a big upcoming name she has done a lot of private commissions that are hard to get into, however you can sometimes get the prints from resellers after the fact for a bit of a mark up. On top of Star Wars for Bottleneck, IIRC she is also working on a Lord of the Rings for them as well

People not mentioned
Nicolas (Nico) Delort - Some really good horror prints
Tom Whalen - very good with the animated movies
Olly Moss - he's very popular
Tyler Stout - another big name in the game, lots of Marvel but anything he does becomes popular
Rhy Cooper - does some nice banner type posters

others can name more

@Apollon @dan8885 @Liftid

Jock is a favorite of mine as well; his Year One Batman Variant and his Ex_Machina prints are my personal favorites

Like Dan said Ise is a big upcoming name she has done a lot of private commissions that are hard to get into, however you can sometimes get the prints from resellers after the fact for a bit of a mark up. On top of Star Wars for Bottleneck, IIRC she is also working on a Lord of the Rings for them as well

People not mentioned
Nicolas (Nico) Delort - Some really good horror prints
Tom Whalen - very good with the animated movies
Olly Moss - he's very popular
Tyler Stout - another big name in the game, lots of Marvel but anything he does becomes popular
Rhy Cooper - does some nice banner type posters

others can name more

Damn YES. Nicolas Delort !!!! How could I forget this genius!!!

I won the 7 print set of his Universal Monsters here on HiDefNinja at once in a year happening Ninja Week. Check the 7 prints HERE

His details are insane!!!

lagoon-photo.jpg

Reactions: Liftid
Tyler Stout
Jock
Ise
Ken Taylor
Martin Ansin
Kevin Tong
Jason Edmiston
Matt Ryan Tobin
Vance Kelly
Vincent Aseo
Gabz
Glen Brogan

Reactions: Liftid
Wow thank ya'll so much for the replies. I did some research and wow Ise is absolutely amazing (saw a WIP of her TFA print...... dear lord.... if I miss out on that.....), Also just ordered Jock's Ex Machina print. Last question I promise, any other galleries besides Bottleneck / Mondo / Grey Matter / ACME that ya'll use?

Thanks again guys!

Wow thank ya'll so much for the replies. I did some research and wow Ise is absolutely amazing (saw a WIP of her TFA print...... dear lord.... if I miss out on that.....), Also just ordered Jock's Ex Machina print. Last question I promise, any other galleries besides Bottleneck / Mondo / Grey Matter / ACME that ya'll use?

Thanks again guys!
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Hero Complex Gallery can be quite good and for an artist recommendation I'll say Krzysztof Domardzki...

My personal favorite - as everyone is aware - is Jock. His style just speaks to me and tells me what I want to hear. His use of negative space is absolute genius. If I was forced to pick a favorite print of his, it's probably The Thing, Halloween or his Joker portrait from The Black Mirror. I could go on and on about him...

Another guy that @Wreck mentioned, but no one went into great detail about that I think is worth looking into (and my second favorite) is Jason Edmiston. He does mostly portraits of pop culture/movie icons, but he has started some other projects also. His stuff is SO REALISTIC in hand, but it still has an element of "cartoony-ness" to it. I'm not sure I could narrow his stuff down to even a dozen favourites. I could have my walls lined with his stuff and be cool with it lol. Some notables are: ANY of his horror stuff (Leatherface, etc.), '66 Batman characters, Heath Ledger Joker, The Hateful Eight. Oh, and his Mondo Con '15 Exclusive Halloween print is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

I think most of the "best" have been mentioned. A few that I haven't seen mentioned that are certainly worth it are:
-Mike Mitchell (He does some quirky, funny stuff along with these super sick portraits of superheroes and other pop culture icons). I really like his "Just Like Us" series.
-Sam Wolfe Connelly (i think that's his name lol) - He has a darker, more "scratchy" style. Similar to Jock in that manner, but completely unique. I really like his Black Swan.

I really think it's just about finding a handful of artists that YOU like. But the list given to you here in this thread is the best place to start.

@dan8885 - Dan, I'm alive, I promise! I'll email you back later this evening or tomorrow morning about everything.

• Helpful Post

Thanks again guys!

There's also: Postersandtoys.com, Dark Hall Mansion, Spoke Art and Gallery 1988

For print news check: omgposters.com and 411posters.com

There's a big print community with great database and a marketplace where prices are fairer than eBay: expressobeans.com

And most of the artists got their own store where they selling their Artist Proofs. Most of the links to their stores you can find at their social media profiles :thumbs:
My personal favorite - as everyone is aware - is Jock. His style just speaks to me and tells me what I want to hear. His use of negative space is absolute genius. If I was forced to pick a favorite print of his, it's probably The Thing, Halloween or his Joker portrait from The Black Mirror. I could go on and on about him...

Another guy that @Wreck mentioned, but no one went into great detail about that I think is worth looking into (and my second favorite) is Jason Edmiston. He does mostly portraits of pop culture/movie icons, but he has started some other projects also. His stuff is SO REALISTIC in hand, but it still has an element of "cartoony-ness" to it. I'm not sure I could narrow his stuff down to even a dozen favourites. I could have my walls lined with his stuff and be cool with it lol. Some notables are: ANY of his horror stuff (Leatherface, etc.), '66 Batman characters, Heath Ledger Joker, The Hateful Eight. Oh, and his Mondo Con '15 Exclusive Halloween print is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

I think most of the "best" have been mentioned. A few that I haven't seen mentioned that are certainly worth it are:
-Mike Mitchell (He does some quirky, funny stuff along with these super sick portraits of superheroes and other pop culture icons). I really like his "Just Like Us" series.
-Sam Wolfe Connelly (i think that's his name lol) - He has a darker, more "scratchy" style. Similar to Jock in that manner, but completely unique. I really like his Black Swan.

I really think it's just about finding a handful of artists that YOU like. But the list given to you here in this thread is the best place to start.

@dan8885 - Dan, I'm alive, I promise! I'll email you back later this evening or tomorrow morning about everything.

Damn YES! Totally forgot about Mike Mitchell and Jason Edmiston!! Both are stunning artists!!!

@mlmaier84 Don't worry mate just good to know everything is okay with you :thumbs:
:kiss:

Tom Whalen has been growing on me a lot lately.

And man how did we forget Aaron Horkey (who is extremely popular) and although he's always too busy for Prints (tho i hear he's got some coming this year) the print celebrity that is ... Olly Moss.

Cyclopsprintworks.com does a lot of official disney stuff.

Daniel Danger, Randy Ortiz and Stan & Vince also come to mind. Francavilla was already slightly mentioned.

Two more artists I would through into the mix are John Aslarona and Jp Valdarrama, bought direct from both recently, really nice pieces and very reasonable prices for what they are.

I was thinking Horkey originally and then just forgot to put him down

I never saw a movie print from Horkey !? Only Art Prints. That's why I didn't mention him.

If we go Art Prints I can't recommend high enough Richey Beckett. Love his style.

My personal favorites off the top of my head in this scene:

Ken Taylor
Aaron Horkey
Tyler Stout
Martin Ansin
Rhys Cooper
Brandon Holt
Nicolas Delort
Jock
Raid71
Daniel Danger
Jason Edmiston
Gabz
Randy Ortiz
Kako

I never saw a movie print from Horkey !? Only Art Prints. That's why I didn't mention him.

If we go Art Prints I can't recommend high enough Richey Beckett. Love his style.

He's got a bunch... There Will Be Blood, True Grit, Jurassic Park, Pans Labyrinth, all 3 Lord of the Rings to name a few.

• Helpful Post