Artwork at Blockbuster Stores

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
They have some nice framed poster artwork at their stores.

Like it looks like posters you have seen but then its all been like sprayed on. Pretty cool

Last edited by a moderator:
They are followers, not leaders. Tried to follow netflix, now trying to follow red-box. They don't have any self-identity and it's not surprising they are failing.

media.nl

This poster is a bit fail... why would batman look straight at a window post?

media.nl

This poster is a bit fail... why would batman look straight at a window post?

lol so true. I contacted them to see if they do customs ... they do! No word back on pricing yet .. its probably one of those prices that bends you over.

on the blockbuster site they are $30 each, they are $40 on their site. Seeing as how im getting pricing and its direct from them ... what do you think the customs will be ... $60 ? Watch it be something ridiculous.

Update: they originally said they would do custom work, now they are saying they dont ... :(

Guess my wishes of Braveheart, Robin Hood, Book of Eli, and HEAT to match my others wont come true.

I have 2 more spots to finish off one my room ...

which 300 should I get ...

media.nl

or

media.nl

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

the other spot, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this one ....

media.nl

ok ordered the two above ... just a lil FYI for 2 with shipping it was $79 shipped.

And ........ here they are!

DSCF8133.JPG

I'll hang'm later.

Last edited by a moderator:
They come framed, and they are not just posters ... its not a poster that could be rolled up, it would be impossible. Haven't you ever seen these inside a blockbuster store?

They come framed, and they are not just posters ... its not a poster that could be rolled up, it would be impossible. Haven't you ever seen these inside a blockbuster store?

Yes and a Family Video, they used to just be posters on a poster board then framed.

Well these have some type of spray laquer on them so they appear as artwork almost. Really cool.

I received Watchmen and Inglorious Basterds a few days ago, but each of them had cracked frames. Thankfully the company is sending me free replacements. :scat:

I received Watchmen and Inglorious Basterds a few days ago, but each of them had cracked frames. Thankfully the company is sending me free replacements. :scat:

That's awesome! I was always wondering what would happen if any got damaged. Hell, you could probably reframe the others and sell locally.

That's awesome! I was always wondering what would happen if any got damaged. Hell, you could probably reframe the others and sell locally.

Well, hopefully the new order gets to me undamaged. ;) Good service so far, though.

I really do like these posters and do think they are worth the money, IMHO. The textured, look, as you described above, is very unique. Its got more of a 'print' feel than a framed 'poster behind glass' feel.

This, I think, is good for the home theater because the matte finish on these prints and frames do not reflect light, so they don't add any potential glare to the movie room.

I'll post back when I get the new ones and post some pics once they're on my wall. :D

Yeah I quickly snatched up enough to fill all my current walls since blockbuster may end up going bye bye. I guess you could still buy from this company on their site but their site sells them for 39.99 each as opposed to 29.99.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

btw, they do have just a little bit more on their site. (if I recall, all indiana jones and star wars)

Thanks for the heads up about their direct site. I didn't know they had more selection over there. Might have to pick up a Raiders of the Lost Ark and a Star Wars A New Hope now. ;)