Ask Wreck: SteelBooks Questions

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I dont know how long I will do this, or if people have questions ... but I'll check this thread daily in case people have questions about steelbooks etc. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability from what I am allowed to say in some cases or just info you may not have seen me drop before in past threads.

Last edited:
Speaking to the powers that be pushing for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ... I hear it opened a discussion for other titles of similar tastes , etc. Not sure if that meant old classics like Trading Places etc, or more so in regards to other holiday themed titles. I think a bit of the latter. Not sure if we will see any of that move so fast as this year, but I'm told it started a conversation about other classic like titles that have just kept being skipped on. As I was pushing for more of the holiday classics in steel. (in reference to Paramount) Take that for what it's worth....
'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' is our family's must see Xmas movie together with 'Home Alone'.
I'm really annoyed that people think they're able to do a proper remake... They better call Disney and ask them how to ruin movie history :(

Speaking to the powers that be pushing for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ... I hear it opened a discussion for other titles of similar tastes , etc. Not sure if that meant old classics like Trading Places etc, or more so in regards to other holiday themed titles. I think a bit of the latter. Not sure if we will see any of that move so fast as this year, but I'm told it started a conversation about other classic like titles that have just kept being skipped on. As I was pushing for more of the holiday classics in steel. (in reference to Paramount) Take that for what it's worth....
Pushing something as a "Holiday themed" point of purchase should be attractive to the powers that be.
I'm sure there are plenty of them who didn't even know that Planes, Trains , & Automobiles is a Thanksgiving movie, and Trading Places is Christmas movie!
One of my favorite modern Christmas movies isn't even on Blu ray (29th STREET - starring Anthony LaPaglia, Danny Aiello, Robert Forster and directed by the writer of MIDNIGHT RUN).