Assassin's Creed III (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook) [North America]

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
EDIT: Looks like this will be a North American release and not a Future Shop exclusive as previously thought

- G1 Only
- NO Discs, Steelbook is empty
- Given with pre-orders IN STORE ONLY, website pre-orders will NOT get the steelbook (confirmed at FS & BB, unsure about EB)

Future Shop pre-order: Assassin's Creed III PS3

EB Games pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Best Buy Canada pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Steelbook appears to be the same one as the USA release.

ass3steel-01.jpg

ass3steel-02.jpg

Thanks to Leshita for the pictures!

Attachments

• assassins creed 3.jpg
    assassins creed 3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Decided to pre-order one from amazon.

If you pre-order from gamestop and then cancel the pre-order, you probably have to return the steelbook right?

I went in and got two from gamestop, the clerk just picked any random 2 off the pile, both were in shrink and MINT...so yeah, good odds.

Yeah, I got a total of 12 of these from Best Buy over 2 trips...I may go back and get more this week...

They are all scratch-free and shrinkwrapped, but 4 out of 12 that I got did have minor dings on side side...nothing major or even that noticeable at all really.

I am keeping 2 mint ones for myself...one in the original shrinkwrap, and one opened and in my own DVD-sized wraps. I don't usually like leaving Steelbooks in the shrinkwrap that they came in (if the wrapping is EXTREMELY tight) only because sometimes the wrap will further shrink over time, and could cause imperfections on the Steelbook itself.

Best Buy wrapped these VERY, VERY tightly...so i just picked one mint one to put in my own plastic and one sealed. Plus, I needed to open one to expose the awesome art on the back of this Steelbook, which is covered up on these by a piece of paper with pre-order instructions on it.

Yeah, I got a total of 12 of these from Best Buy over 2 trips...I may go back and get more this week...

They are all scratch-free and shrinkwrapped, but 4 out of 12 that I got did have minor dings on side side...nothing major or even that noticeable at all really.

I am keeping 2 mint ones for myself...one in the original shrinkwrap, and one opened and in my own DVD-sized wraps. I don't usually like leaving Steelbooks in the shrinkwrap that they came in (if the wrapping is EXTREMELY tight) only because sometimes the wrap will further shrink over time, and could cause imperfections on the Steelbook itself.

Best Buy wrapped these VERY, VERY tightly...so i just picked one mint one to put in my own plastic and one sealed. Plus, I needed to open one to expose the awesome art on the back of this Steelbook, which is covered up on these by a piece of paper with pre-order instructions on it.

How did you get so many? Did you have to pre-order 12 games? And then you're not gonna pick the games up later on? Or how does it work through Best buy. I ordered off of Amazon, but I won't receive it until after the game comes out.

How did you get so many? Did you have to pre-order 12 games? And then you're not gonna pick the games up later on? Or how does it work through Best buy. I ordered off of Amazon, but I won't receive it until after the game comes out.

It's just like the other pre-order cases @ Best Buy. You just buy the case, and you can decide whether to actually purchase the game/movie when it gets released. You're not obligated to actually purchase the game/movie.

I paid for 12 Steelbooks with cash...they just tie all of them in to a phone number on your receipt. And I told them they were gifts....i had to make two separate trips though, the first time they limited me to 5.

Anyway, yeah, I essentially paid $5 per Steelbook, since once the games comes out, i'm not actually obligated to pay the difference for my copy...I can simply say i changed my mind if they contact me, or more than likely, they won't care anyway and just accept that i paid $5 for the Steelbook if i never pay for the game, seeing as this was a giveaway anyways. They're not going to have any problem selling the copies I pre-ordered, and this benefits them more anyways since someone else can pay the full retail price for it even though they already got my $5.

I'm going to put a few of these up on eBay in a few weeks, once the initial availability goes down a bit...just enough to recoup the costs of actually purchasing them all, with maybe a little extra...but i'm not one of those extreme gougers trying to sell this to people for $50-100.... :angry:

I just picked up my SB for this on a preorder for $5 at EB.
I have yet to open it but the front looks amazing! I cannot wait!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I suggest picking it up @ EB b/c you can do it for $5 and they even said if you don't pickup the game you still get to keep the SB

Picked up a few copies from Best Buy. The guy that did the pre-order for me asked me how many copies I wanted, and I said 4. The after we talked for a little bit and he rung me up he straight up asked, "So, are you going to flip these on ebay? That's what I would do." We both just laughed it off. I really just picked them up for a few friends that were working and wouldn't be able to get them themselves, but at least his comment pretty much confirmed you don't have to actually buy the game.

Bling-bling steelbook at its best!

When you get a G1 steelbook for $5, you might expect cover art, maybe a little embossing or even inside art. The Assassin's Creed III pre-order bonus steelbook has something more - bling from the "raw steel" on both front and back covers. I think this is a first for any steelbook - movie or video game. Here are some pictures I took to show how special this "cheap" steelbook is, in my opinion:

With normal lighting, I noticed the camera captured the bling in a fiery red color:
6815060576_ae167edb9b_z.jpg

But with the lights lowered and a little exposure adjustment, BAM on the front cover! Notice his belt buckle, pistols, axe and bow on his back.
6961176361_114bcca77a_z.jpg

Then on the back cover, more BAM! This time, his sword, feathers on his bow and again his axe and pistols. Talk about consistency in art:
6961176417_ae1446c0b4_z.jpg

Put it together and you get quite a collector item for 5 bucks! On yeah, even the direction of the rain and the wave of the flag matched front to back!
6961176433_66619237ba_z.jpg

Video game steelbooks have up the ante on this art form once again. Enjoy!

Last edited:
When you get a G1 steelbook for $5, you might expect cover art, maybe a little embossing or even inside art. The Assassin's Creed III pre-order bonus steelbook has something more - bling from the "raw steel" on both front and back covers. I think this is a first for any steelbook - movie or video game. Here are some pictures I took to show how special this "cheap" steelbook is, in my opinion:

With normal lighting, I noticed the camera captured the bling in a fiery red color:
6815060576_fa051ecd84_z.jpg

But with the lights lowered and a little exposure adjustment, BAM on the front cover! Notice his belt buckle, pistols, axe and bow on his back.

Then on the back cover, more BAM! This time, his sword, feathers on his bow and again his axe and pistols. Talk about consistency in art:

Put it together and you get quite a collector item for 5 bucks! On yeah, even the direction of the rain and the wave of the flag matched front to back!

Videogames steelbooks are the purest form of this art, agreed! That's why I've almost dropped the bluray ones for these, so damn beautiful :drool:

When I was standing in EB games waiting to get my ME3 preorder I saw these up top and was confused b/c I know the game is coming out in Oct.
Then the girl asked if I wanted to preorder it and for $5 I'd get the case.. I think I said yes before she was done talking lol

This is an amazing steelbook...love the bling effects from the back and front. LOVE IT. :scat:

6815060576_fa051ecd84_z.jpg

Reactions: jitstark and ash333