Atomic Blonde (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 69) [Korea]

Would you be interested in purchasing a one click if the option was there?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 30 September 28, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Full Slip 4K - One Click (Pre-order from June 25 at 2 PM till July 1 - Korea Time) - Check your local timing HERE
Price: $37.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $53.99 (4K Full Slip) - $129 (One Click - 300 copies)
Group buy: Hosted by cooey Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip 4K - One Click

Notes: WEA steelbook. KimchiDVD exclusive numbering card and sticker will be attached only on KimchiDVD website. One click carton box is limited to KimchiDVD only, limited to 300 sets.

35474329_2305437396350131_8007378241721466880_o.jpg35477877_2305437376350133_5435625406256381952_o.jpg35526957_2305437409683463_8444873458852036608_o.jpg
84A689C8-E5A5-4C43-AEBB-A610DF33F0EB.jpeg

Last edited:
I was thinking this but I actually think Tony has some input. Hacksaw ridge is the same.

If pans labyrinth turns out matte, that’s 4 blu collection (hell or high water, atomic blonde and wind river) and hacksaw ridge which is not blu collection. I seriously think this needs to be fed back to him but the only problem is he don’t listen to customers. Needs to be a GB host or someone with some authority in that sense who can talk to him and he don’t act like a child back

But then again, Cooey has fed back the skinny slip and booklet issue countless times and it’s never changed. Looks like all kimchi exclusives are gona be matte

Feedback has been passed back to Kimchi to forward on to The Blu Collection FYI

Just received my lenti, unsealed the steel hoping the title to be spot-glossed, and...

:offtopic::banghead::offtopic::banghead::offtopic::banghead::offtopic:

The Blu Collection’s response to all the gloss lovers out there:

One kick for each of their recent matte releases. :rofl:

In all seriousness, though, them not even spot glossing the title makes me think this is a cost-cutting measure. I think an argument could be made to keep a steel like Hell or High Water matte for stylistic reasons, but with Atomic Blonde, the cinematography (and accompanying promotional materials) is so rich with piercing neon lights against dark, murky backdrops, it would’ve been reflected perfectly here with—at the very least—a spot-glossed title.

Still beats the WWA by a country mile, though. :thumbs:

Matte finish with steelbooks are fine as long as the quality is good and are not streaky or washed out

I have a lot of matte finish steelbooks that are embossed some with spot gloss in my collection some of these I prefer over the full gloss finish steelbooks.

Some full gloss finish steelbooks yes can be amazing good but these are often are more prone to paint chips and scratches and fingerprints

I do admit I would have liked to see the embossed title be spot glossed on this steelbook but it still like it.

• Thanks
Reactions: antpic14
So........don’t shoot the messenger but the decision for matte is purely down to the cost.
That is a bit of a kick in the uhh...shins. I wonder what the added cost is per steelbook. I feel like most collectors would prefer to pay a nominal fee for a premium steel to actually feel, well, premium.

Thanks for the info, though, @cooey! :thanks:

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I don’t understand why they made this steelbook matte if all their releases sell out. It’s not like they’re hurting for cash if their releases sell out every single time.

Or maybe they made the steelbooks matte because they wanted to save a little money and they know the release will sell out regardless.

I haven’t purchased a Kimchi release in ages and it doesn’t look like that’s gonna change. Disappointing

So........don’t shoot the messenger but the decision for matte is purely down to the cost.

Cheers for the info

(Not directed at cooey - just general thread comment)

It’s strange because you would of thought they wouldn’t be bothered about adding a few extra dollars to the price. Gloss can’t be that much more expensive. I really want pans labyrinth to be gloss. I feel like the art will seriously stand out that way.

I agree that the last few kimchi/ Blu Collection/ whatever matte steels have been a decent matte finish, smooth and non streaky etc but I want my premiums gloss unless the matte is used as a spot matte/ gloss on areas it’s suits from a design perspective

A71E5F44-646F-4F2F-9517-0DEFD4358305.gif

:LOL: Thought so. But do these so called “Premium” retailers realise that we all go in for their premium releases in the hope for a much better steelbook that the standard WWA market offers ? ( shouldn’t be the case though ... suited Scanvo back then to create the buzz and hype for their products )

Personally I think these premium retailers should tell us the finishes prior to going live on their sites to be honest. Might build some trust in them.

• Haha
Reactions: milky and cooey
I personally don't pay attention to or expect a particular finish on the steelbook itself prior to ordering and I don't dislike matte steelbooks but this release seemed to obviously call for spot gloss and/or more detailed embossing/debossing. As long as the steelbook doesn't feel cheap like many of the matte Best Buy steelbooks, any extra detailing is a bonus for me. On this release, I'm happy with how the overall package turned out and I think they went above and beyond on the fullslips' slip cases. But I will say, I'm always happier to have more info before ordering and am willing to pay a little extra for spot gloss.

I can’t understand choosing matte over gloss. From what Wreck said there isn’t a huge difference in price although gloss Steels are obviously more expensive. It’s not like this release is cheaper than normal so why the matte finish? If it really does come down to price then they should at least consult people and raise the price if need be.
I don’t see the point in going all out on the slips and then cutting corners with the finishes.

I can’t understand choosing matte over gloss. From what Wreck said there isn’t a huge difference in price although gloss Steels are obviously more expensive. It’s not like this release is cheaper than normal so why the matte finish? If it really does come down to price then they should at least consult people and raise the price if need be.
I don’t see the point in going all out on the slips and then cutting corners with the finishes.
i would had paid more if............

Mine arrived in London today. Should have it tomorrow or Wednesday

Assume you're tracking on that epantos site? Have you found a more UK friendly site that takes the tracking number?

Yeah it’s the only one that works for kimchi tracking for some reason. No other tracking site (I’ve found) ever seems to work. Plus If I remember correctly it stops at London. It never shows me tracking past that

Reactions: tommyh84