Audition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: 29th February 2016
Purchase links:
Arrow Films (Sold Out OOP)
Amazon UK
Zavvi
HMV
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £15.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon) £14.99 (HMV)

image.png

SteelBook (2 discs)
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Limited Edition Steelbook
•Brand new 2K restoration of original vault elements presented in High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD
•Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray)
•Optional English subtitles
•Audio commentary with director Takashi Miike and screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
•Brand new commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes examining the film and its source novel
•Introduction by Miike
•Ties that Bind – A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
•Interviews with stars Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi and Ren Osugi
•Trailers
•Gallery including behind-the-scenes images
•Booklet featuring new writing on the film
•More to be announced!

RRP: £19.99 £15.99
Region: 2/B
Rating: 18
Cat No: FCD1208
Duration: 115 mins
Language: Japanese
Subtitles: English
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: 5.1
Discs: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Locked in @GBP 12.49 at Amazon just now.

In my case with something from my Watch List - 101 Films' "Ghost Warrior" (1984) @GBP 8.99 from their 'Cult Movie Collection' - to allow for Free Shipping (GBP 21.48 in total).

EDIT 1/1/16:
If anyone missed it at the above lowest price in its history (before it went up to GBP 16.99) it's back down to GBP 12.53 ATM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
The release date is still Feb 29th

When you order direct from Arrow Films some releases can ship 2-3 weeks earlier than retailers
Arrow Ship to customers who order direct as soon as they have stock

Retailers get delivery so they have stock for release date

If your ordered from Amazon it's still Feb 29th

SURPRISED this SB is still available what with the exclusive booklet plus the DVD version and the fact it was cheaper than the standard Amaray edition for a good while. . .
As my SB order is coming from Amazon I don't expect it until sometime next week - will double-dip the Amaray edition later in a sale when it is GBP 8.99.
Not going to make a fuss with Arrow about the missing booklet in the Amaray even though that decision to only put it in the SB sucks big time (and this kooky decision is maybe a first and hopefully a last from Arrow) - the only fuss I've ever made with Arrow was when they discontinued those lovely "window" slipcase editions and that was a good while ago.