Contributor
Jul 22, 2020
Release date: February 19, 2024
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Screenshot_20231120_200507_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale and djjez83
The 3D disc has been out for over 10 years, and there's already been a 3D steel. The 4K and remastered blu-ray are brand new, so it makes complete sense.

These has been out too for ages. Why no remaster for 3D ? In same package it would make perfect sense as this is THE 3D film. Not that I would buy it. Not fan at all ...

These has been out too for ages. Why no remaster for 3D ? In same package it would make perfect sense as this is THE 3D film. Not that I would buy it. Not fan at all ...
What have been out ages too? The 4K and remastered blu? Not really. UK release was 10/07/23, that's less than 2 months ago.

No remastered 3D disc has been announced. It doesn't really need one tbh, it's still just about the best looking 3D disc, and it seems like Cameron and/or Disney agrees.. for the moment lol

I know this is "THE" 3D film, but there's no need to include a decade old 3D/2D combo disc, inside a brand new 3 disc 4K remastered steel. Everyone should already have the old disc.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
What have been out ages too? The 4K and remastered blu? Not really. UK release was 10/07/23, that's less than 2 months ago.

No remastered 3D disc has been announced. It doesn't really need one tbh, it's still just about the best looking 3D disc, and it seems like Cameron and/or Disney agrees.. for the moment lol

I know this is "THE" 3D film, but there's no need to include a decade old 3D/2D combo disc, inside a brand new 3 disc 4K remastered steel. Everyone should already have the old disc.

Eh what ?

It's the best looking disc 3D but as it's decade old no way to use it ?!

Everyone should have this as it's only couple of months old. Yes ?

Eh what ?

It's the best looking disc 3D but as it's decade old no way to use it ?!

Everyone should have this as it's only couple of months old. Yes ?
Huh?

I said the Avatar 3D disc is over a decade old, yet it's still one of the best looking 3D discs, which is true.

It doesn't really NEED to be remastered imo, and seeing as it hasn't been, why would they include the old 2D/3D combo disc in a brand new remastered 4K steel?

The existing 3D disc is very easy and cheap to buy, for the slim few who don't already own it.

Huh?

* I said the Avatar 3D disc is over a decade old, yet it's still one of the best looking 3D discs, which is true.

** It doesn't really NEED to be remastered imo, and seeing as it hasn't been, why would they include the old 2D/3D combo disc in a brand new remastered 4K steel?

*** The existing 3D disc is very easy and cheap to buy, for the slim few who don't already own it.

After this is stop.

* OK. I believe you. No problem.

** Why - to make the package complete. I like things that way.

*** Yeah. I believe you again. But if it was in this no need to look further.

That was my point all along. They re-release decade old discs all the time.

:thumbs:

The US collector's editon release will have brand new discs. All 3 cuts in 4K, with DV and atmos (theatrical only, 5.1 for others), a remastered 1080p and a second new special features disc.

If this holds true to the "theatrical only in 4K" it's a hard pass.

Where did you find that? It looks like a USA steelbook with Ultra 4K logo orientated like that on the spine
Yeah its the US version but the U.K. will be the exact same art

My post literally says “looks like this will be the art”

The US release will have brand new discs. All 3 cuts in 4K, with DV and atmos (theatrical only, 5.1 for others), a remastered 1080p and a new special features disc.

If this holds true to the "theatrical only in 4K" it's a hard pass.
What’s the USA release date (assuming there is one)?

There's literally no point to this release unless it turns out to be the Collector's Edition with the 3 cuts, the timeline seems to line up but it would be absolutely ridiculous to launch this as a repackaged version of the existing 4k release.

Reactions: bradipolpo
There's literally no point to this release unless it turns out to be the Collector's Edition with the 3 cuts, the timeline seems to line up but it would be absolutely ridiculous to launch this as a repackaged version of the existing 4k release.
The US release isn't, so I'm not expecting this one to be either.

I've just cancelled mine, I've held off getting it on 4k this long so I'll wait for the 4k version of my existing Ultimate Collector's Edition.