Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Avatar 5

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Stephen Lang, Jemaine Clement, Michelle Yeoh, Cliff Curtis, Keston John

Release: 2028-12-20

3 whole years delay, that's a lot.
Didn't they have a whole decade already to develop these CGI cartoons...
Zoe Saldana says she'll be 53 by the time this finishes.
Well, technically they could use the capture data to draw up these characters till year 2100 and Avatar 35, when all the actors are long dead.

I knew he wouldn't stop...

kill me now barney stinson GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Drum18 and MM3
I knew he wouldn't stop...

kill me now barney stinson GIF
The Hollywood's first multi generational movie franchise. My kids will be grown, out of University, into jobs and starting families of their own by the time Avatar sees a conclusion. :sleep::rofl:
Lol. Cameron has lost the plot. Will he still be alive by this point.

Cameron has lost the plot. Will he still be alive by this point.
Well he is saying that he'll be too old and will probably pass the 6th and 7th movies to someone else.
Star Wars is a multi-generational franchise, he's saying he wants Avatar to be like that.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Well he is saying that he'll be too old and will probably pass the 6th and 7th movies to someone else.
Star Wars is a multi-generational franchise, he's saying he wants Avatar to be like that.
Star Wars never planned to be such a franchise back then, it was only Devilish Disney that wanted that after spending the GDP of a small country on the rights. I switched off during the yawn feast of 1,2&3 and to be honest, it was better left alone in 1983 after Jedi. :smuggrin: :LOL:
Let's face it George Lucas got mega rich from steal... "borrowing" most of the ideas from Akira Kurosawa and then, well, then he got lucky. More of a marketing and a business man. Not sure Auteur would be the first word that comes to mind when hearing George Lucas' name.
James Cameron on the other hand had buckets loads of talent and now wastes it on this passable stuff.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Star Wars never planned to be such a franchise back then, it was only Devilish Disney that wanted that after spending the GDP of a small country on the rights.
Indeed, but Lucas already continued it in '99, so it became 'multi-generational' then, I guess.
The prequels now look way better, than whatever Dishney dishes out, but I agree it should've been left alone. TV spinoff series at the most. I could count those along the lines of Ewoks movies.

James Cameron on the other hand had buckets loads of talent and now wastes it on this passable stuff.
Pittsburgh You Get It GIF by Mike Hitt

Yes! I wouldn't be half as negative towards Avatar movies if someone else was wasting their time on them, but I'm imagining all the Strange Days and True Lies type of films we could get instead during these 2 decades.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database