Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA
Release date: November 16, 2010
Purchase link: JSDVD (sold-out)

4710756172512.gif

Here are the specs listed on their site for this release:
Directors: James Cameron
Actors: Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Zoe Saldana, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, Sam Worthington

* Audio:
English: Dolby Digital 2.0, DTS-HD MA 5.1
Portuguese/Spanish/French: Dolby Digital 5.1
* Subtitle: Traditional Chinese/English/Portuguese/Spanish
* Run Time: 162
* Screen: 1.78:1 (1920 X 1080p)
* Studio: FOX / Deltamac

Attachments

11.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak
You're wrong. The most expensive is Avatar Extended version Japan Steelbook.
That's Sold Out before release date ;)

i meant compared to korea and hong kong version etc the taiwan version at jsdvd is expensive its about £34 just for the steelbook before shipping and jsdvd shipping is expensive but also very good though.

If anyone ordered this particular edition from JSDVD have you received the order, or the prompt to pay the shipping charge? Thx

Received my copy from China and apparently the disc 2 is not working and case were dented and broken.
Called Amazon.cn and spoke to the CS, they mentioned can only replace the disc two and nothing can be done on the broken case.

Lesson learnt, never again order from Amazon.cn

Does know if this version is region free and will play in UK players?

Based on the extensive information for this title on YesAsia.com, it is not region free and will not play on UK players:
(http://www.yesasia.com/us/1023703771-0-0-0-en/info.html)

Product Title: Avatar (Blu-ray) (Extended Steelbook Edition) (Taiwan Version)
Artist Name(s): Sigourney Weaver (Actor) | Sam Worthington (Actor)
Director: James Cameron
Blu-ray Region Code: A - Americas (North, Central and South except French Guiana), Korea, Japan, South East Asia (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
Release Date: 2010-12-14
Language: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese
Country of Origin: United States

And yes, it is still available for purchase!

Reactions: apsmith21
It says region A on the back, but the discs all show region B for the Taiwan version.

Disc 1 A,B
Disc 2 A,B,C
Disc 3 A,B,C

I have not tested the discs, so I cannot confirm 100%.

Thanks Ash but I don't go for info based on websites because they are not entirely acurate these days. The asian avatar steelbooks look lovely. It's a matter of double dipping, buying the SB and a UK extended edition replacing the discs. Thats going to be about £65 over a $100. Lot of money:drool:

Based on the extensive information for this title on YesAsia.com, it is not region free and will not play on UK players:
(http://www.yesasia.com/us/1023703771-0-0-0-en/info.html)

Product Title: Avatar (Blu-ray) (Extended Steelbook Edition) (Taiwan Version)
Artist Name(s): Sigourney Weaver (Actor) | Sam Worthington (Actor)
Director: James Cameron
Blu-ray Region Code: A - Americas (North, Central and South except French Guiana), Korea, Japan, South East Asia (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
Release Date: 2010-12-14
Language: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese
Country of Origin: United States

And yes, it is still available for purchase!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Thanks Ash but I don't go for info based on websites because they are not entirely acurate these days. The asian avatar steelbooks look lovely. It's a matter of double dipping, buying the SB and a UK extended edition replacing the discs. Thats going to be about £65 over a $100. Lot of money:drool:

I agree, just a little FYI incase you dont know sunny. While not 100% up to date, the bluraysteelbooks.com list page has region info of which none of it based off of web pages etc. Its all on personal findings/testing of discs.