Avatar: The Way of Water (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: August 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,100

IMG_3066.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, idk about grail. Looks like they've just bundled the 3D steelbook together with the 4K amaray, and popped a chunky o-ring around then both.

Yeah that looks like it.
I think best chance for ppl to get 3D and UHD in same case is FNAC.

I think it's better to buy just any 3D steelbook, as UHD will come along in some later release, and 3D might not.
Look at how much the German 3D steelbook of the first Avatar costs now, despite having no clean back.

Reactions: samdavies
I think stores just couldn't pass this opportunity to earn some big cash this way.
That's why they didn't bundle it together. I don't see any other reason.
It's immensely popular title and this way they'll earn some big €.

It's a disney choice, simple as that. Separate editions means more buys and more cash. Disney always released Separate 4K and 3D steels in the UK, don't know why anyone was expecting different for this. Most people who still have 3D will want both.

Amazon Japan's shipping charges have gotten stupid in the last several months. This release itself is US$85 which isn't too terrible... but the S&H is another US$75 on top of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Amazon Japan's shipping charges have gotten stupid in the last several months. This release itself is US$85 which isn't too terrible... but the S&H is another US$75 on top of it.
It would cost me a total of $155 USD to buy this from Japan. :rofl:

Literally no point anyway, as it's still not a 3D and 4K steel... it's just the 3D steel, bundled with the 4K amaray, inside a sleeve.

Reactions: eLviS1987