Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £44.99

11890761-4824612621273521.jpg

11890761-1834612620909402.jpg

11890761-1934612621387695.jpg

11890761-1074612621524003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The art ? Just kidding. But for this one what's the point. Avengers 4 will be released in a few mounths.
It makes me think about the Harry Potter saga. Each time a new movie arrived, you could find a box with the movies 1 to 4 for example. But everybody knew that others movie were about to arrive...

I understand what you're saying. :thanks:

Reactions: Hmcph76
The art ? Just kidding. But for this one what's the point. Avengers 4 will be released in a few mounths.
It makes me think about the Harry Potter saga. Each time a new movie arrived, you could find a box with the movies 1 to 4 for example. But everybody knew that others movie were about to arrive...
Same thing happens with all of the big titles . . . not just for the massively popular superheroes and for Harry Potter as you mentioned. God knows how many different releases we've had for that particular franchise - from superior giftsets down to regular Amarays . . .
. . . or the sheer number of releases we've had for the biggest titles in the Disney Classics/Pixar Collections (THE LION KING etc.) and others including the ALIEN, THE GODFATHER, DIE HARD, STAR TREK, STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, BOURNE, TERMINATOR, ROCKY, BACK TO THE FUTURE and James Bond franchises as just a few examples w/ multiple releases.
Also, Quentin Tarantino has been very well represented on Blu-ray.

Anyway back to old friend Big A(SS):-
1) Problem with the original AVENGERS ASSEMBLE 'Big A' steelbook courtesy HMV is the thumbnail pics spine but apart from that the glossy blackness of it and the smart 'bossing is pretty impressive.
2) The silver, red 'n' black Zavvi ULTRON 'Big A' - again with the thumnails - is no less impressive despite the more subtle finish . . . still w/ equally decent embossing.
3) The blue Thanos INFINITY WAR 'Big A' is of course on the back and not 'bossed so only just fits in among its peers.
4) The 'Big A' trilogy steelbook could still look good if glossy like the HMV and embossed in the same fashion + in a rich gloss gold like this poster.
1537650843113.png

A more interesting idea for this trilogy steelbook would've been a tricolour 'Big A' incorporating the three colours of the first three 'Big A' artworks . . . same sort of idea used for the trilogy steelbook containing the first three rebooted films of THE PLANET OF THE APES saga where the three different ages of Caeser's face are seen together as one:-
1537667011069.png

5) 'Big A' artwork for AVENGERS 4 could be sombre and crumbling like the JURASSIC PARK: FALLEN KINGDOM logo and maybe something like this:-
1537654144821.png
/
1537654325956.png

US 'Big A' 1, 2 & 3 + UK 'Big A' 1 & 2:-
1537652468737.png

UK 'Big A' 1 & 2:-
1537651244081.png
40010450_237516640270115_5196875665467724335_n.jpg
1537651559694.png
savedpicture-201591216714.jpg

Last edited:
So let's just say another 3 or 4 Avengers movies get made.
You guys want every steelbook release to have a giant A on the front to " match"
What a pathetic collection of Avengers steelbooks that would be.
( Thank God for Blufans)

To an extent I agree, and I certainly won't be getting this but that's less to do with the 'A' (as dull as it may be) and more to do with the fact that a trilogy steelbook in this instance is pointless to me,
but you need to direct your anger at the right people i.e. NOT collectors. Everybody collects for different reasons and everybody likes different things and if people want this for the 'A' so they have a collection
of 'A' steelbooks that match then that's no different to collecting the range of Mission Impossible steels because they all match, or collecting the Fast and Furious steels because they all match etc.
You seem very passionate about this so perhaps contacting those responsible for the artwork would be ideal to satisfy your anger, but if it's about getting a message across in that 'the more people buy
this **** then the more they will churn it out'
unfortunately you will never stop that. The MCU franchise is huge and as long as MCU fans love steelbooks then these repeats will just keep on coming.
Like everybody you're allowed an opinion but I don't see what you are getting at really other than YOU aren't happy with the design. If that's the case then great, keep venting each time a new one comes out
but as I say, they'll just keep coming.

Reactions: yeslek
So boring crap art on a steelbook with the letter A on it is awesome as long as it matches the boring crap art that appeared on previous steelbooks that has the letter A on them.

I think maybe all steelbooks for all movies should just use the first letter of the title of the movie for the "art".

That way people will never have to worry about non-matching steelbooks again.
Exactly
Don't understand the fascination with having a matching collection of shite.
The original Avengers steel with A on it is CRAP compared to later releases.
You guys want every steelbook release to have a giant A on the front to " match"
( Thank God for Blufans)
You are all entitled to you own opinions but many of us collectors prefer matching sets. So seeing as the first two Avengers movies, had a variation of the ‘A’ logo on at least one edition(the WWA if I recall) of the steelbooks releases, then it’s not unexpected or wrong to have collectors wanting this clear theme to continue. This wouldn’t work for all movies! Such as he Bond example one of you put forth, but for some, such as here, it does. Harry Potter series wouldn’t look right with just a logo....the logo idea doesn’t work for all, but here, it’s akin to the Bat-signal. Highly recognised and all encompassing, this in many opinions, it works perfectly - how many would hate on a Batman release with the logo? If I recall correctly the dual steelbook for Batman Begins and Dark Knight was highly regarded for its finish and choice of logo artwork...how is this any differant?

Personally I much prefer these logo artworks as my tastes lean toward to minimal and title-free covers. Many here are of opposite taste, and there is nothing wrong with that.
We all like what we like.
To me, the busy and overpacked poster artwork that Blufans uses is the more ‘pathetic’ and ‘lazy’ of the styles, but that’s not to say they are superior or substandard by comparison, and to call personal preferences pathetic is a bit much and quite uncalled for.

For those of you who dislike it, fine, that’s great even, as it’s one of the reasons we get various releases with their own artwork choices/spin. Each of us can get the steelbook we prefer.

That said, the more recent posts touching on this being a cash grab when we KNOW there is another sequel on the way.... 100% agree. Ridiculous really, but considering many of us want matching Avegers movie steels, they sort of have us over a barrel really.

You are all entitled to you own opinions but many of us collectors prefer matching sets. So seeing as the first two Avengers movies, had a variation of the ‘A’ logo on at least one edition(the WWA if I recall) of the steelbooks releases, then it’s not unexpected or wrong to have collectors wanting this clear theme to continue. This wouldn’t work for all movies! Such as he Bond example one of you put forth, but for some, such as here, it does. Harry Potter series wouldn’t look right with just a logo....the logo idea doesn’t work for all, but here, it’s akin to the Bat-signal. Highly recognised and all encompassing, this in many opinions, it works perfectly - how many would hate on a Batman release with the logo? If I recall correctly the dual steelbook for Batman Begins and Dark Knight was highly regarded for its finish and choice of logo artwork...how is this any differant?

Personally I much prefer these logo artworks as my tastes lean toward to minimal and title-free covers. Many here are of opposite taste, and there is nothing wrong with that.
We all like what we like.
To me, the busy and overpacked poster artwork that Blufans uses is the more ‘pathetic’ and ‘lazy’ of the styles, but that’s not to say they are superior or substandard by comparison, and to call personal preferences pathetic is a bit much and quite uncalled for.

For those of you who dislike it, fine, that’s great even, as it’s one of the reasons we get various releases with their own artwork choices/spin. Each of us can get the steelbook we prefer.

That said, the more recent posts touching on this being a cash grab when we KNOW there is another sequel on the way.... 100% agree. Ridiculous really, but considering many of us want matching Avegers movie steels, they sort of have us over a barrel really.

I understand what you're saying.

( Thank God for Blufans)
I was going to post the same thing but I was thinking what if it was like the number of James Bond releases?
I'm not saying there shouldnt be any other steels besides the matching ones. More the merrier right? But dont screw around with your releases like this.

Also, as long as Marvel movies make billions there will always be Avengers movies. But this "thanos" story arc, started back in the first Avengers, comes to an end after IW part 2 (at least that's what i expect) so I and many other collectors would at least like to have a matching set for this arc. It's not like it wasnt possible since this steelbook art got approved. It seems like they are intentionally screwing with us.

Anyway, to each their own, right? I vote with my wallet, so...

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and yeslek
Continuing the rash of compilation steelbooks across various genres this one sets itself apart by its obscene pricing for three regular Blu-ray discs . . . even on the high side for three 4KUHD discs.
Good however to see they're sticking with the design theme that runs through the series ...
1541336814532.png

... naturally fitting in well with its siblings:-
1541336375163.png
1541335986547.png
1541336467290.png
1541336518586.png

thankful I cacnelled my copy of this - £45 just to get matching artwork is way too much, especially with no 'bossing
sense prevailed.

however the italian one is clocking in around £25 so might end up sticking with that one. though am hoping I'll get this further down the line at discount, but its hard to gauge how many collectors are likeme and want matching logo sets....

Goodbye to you too, sir, and thank you for the pleasure and inspiration you have given, continue to give and will give for as long as people watch films and read comic-books.
STAN LEE 1922 - 2018. RIP
1542112561646.png

At the AGE OF ULTRON première 13th April, 2015 in Hollywood, California.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, not the best quality steelbook to be released at around the time of the master's passing but nevertheless an elegant addition to the "A" series . . . looking suspiciously like a discreet matte finish w/ metallic reflections to the gold areas . . . still a worthy addition to the ranks of recent superhero compilation steelbooks - all very nicely 'bossed too.

Only major issue for me is the toxic pricing - priced as if they were 4K UHD steelbooks . . . for regular 3-disc Blu-ray steelbooks the correct price should be £19.99 each (£24.99 max.) . . . after all, compilation steelbooks are supposed to be the economical choice and goes without saying that making one steelbook to fit three films is cheaper than making three steelbooks and the pricing should reflect that fact.

Anyway, mini rant over - quite different to the first AVENGERS "A" steelbook (UK) with its more lively finish:-
1542113842697.png
1542114004989.png

Pics courtesy nuikichiSB
Dry88wYVsAA4Sty.jpg:large

Dry88wvUcAE2Wns.jpg:large

Dry88waUcAANjbL.jpg:large

-----------------------------------
DrzszmoU4AEw-Ri.jpg:large

DrzszmqU8AEpz3X.jpg:large

Reactions: Masta Norris
Goodbye to you too, sir, and thank you for the pleasure and inspiration you have given, continue to give and will give for as long as people watch films and read comic-books.
STAN LEE 1922 - 2018. RIP
View attachment 401896
At the AGE OF ULTRON première 13th April, 2015 in Hollywood, California.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, not the best quality steelbook to be released at around the time of the master's passing but nevertheless an elegant addition to the "A" series . . . looking suspiciously like a discreet matte finish w/ metallic reflections to the gold areas . . . still a worthy addition to the ranks of recent superhero compilation steelbooks - all very nicely 'bossed too.

Only major issue for me is the toxic pricing - priced as if they were 4K UHD steelbooks . . . for regular 3-disc Blu-ray steelbooks the correct price should be £19.99 each (£24.99 max.) . . . after all, compilation steelbooks are supposed to be the economical choice and goes without saying that making one steelbook to fit three films is cheaper than making three steelbooks and the pricing should reflect that fact.

Anyway, mini rant over - quite different to the first AVENGERS "A" steelbook (UK) with its more lively finish:-
View attachment 401897View attachment 401898

Pics courtesy nuikichiSB
Dry88wYVsAA4Sty.jpg:large

Dry88wvUcAE2Wns.jpg:large

Dry88waUcAANjbL.jpg:large

-----------------------------------
DrzszmoU4AEw-Ri.jpg:large

DrzszmqU8AEpz3X.jpg:large
matte finish, yes?

Friggin' ridiculous price makes my blood boil whenever I see it ... especially when you can buy the three films on 4K discs cheaper than this from an expensive retailer like Amazon ...
... 6 discs = 3 x BD + 3 x 4K UHD:-
1544144823566.png