Release date: October 14, 2015
Purchase links:
Novamnm.com
Kimchidvd
Price: $44.00

58258040.jpg

58258057.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice slip, I like how it blacks out the spine instead of being transparent as the title would look odd with faces behind it. I would have preferred ultron on the spine of the slip just to match the steelbook

Mine also has those weird cloudy-white blemishes you can see right behind Ultron's neck. I thought mine was an anomaly, but it looks like they all might be flawed. The irony is that the debossing registration is perfect on this release. So I have the Best Buy Steelbook with terrible registration but a perfect back cover, and this edition with perfect registration but some kind of paint splotches/flaws on the back cover. I hate it, it's driving me crazy. Here's hoping Nova gets the damn Steelbook right--but it's probably the exact same pressing.

I would just switch the back of one with the other, but the two Steelbooks have different finishes (not to mention that I have the Vision version), so it wouldn't look right.

Last edited:
So the emboss/deboss seems lined up perfectly on these unlike the US releases, correct?

My copy is lined up perfectly and Moon's appears to be as well. But mine, Moon's, and now monsterzebra's all have the cloudy blemishes/splotches that I mentioned on the back cover, just to the right of Ultron's neck. I can see them even through the glare on monsterzebra's slip.

I now believe that all copies will be botched in the same way, and I'm pretty sure Nova's forthcoming release will be using the same Steelbook pressing.

But mine, Moon's, and now monsterzebra's all have the cloudy blemishes/splotches that I mentioned on the back cover, just to the right of Ultron's neck. I can see them even through the glare on monsterzebra's slip.

I now believe that all copies will be botched in the same way, and I'm pretty sure Nova's forthcoming release will be using the same Steelbook pressing.
@adarkcorner

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but are you referring to this blemish / mark as pointed out here: (Courtesy of @moon's earlier photo)

Screenshot_2015-10-28-23-42-29_zpsawfizi5j_edit_1446075791699.png_zpsorq3cavx.jpeg

If so, Kimchi show this exact imagery as depicted on their website mock-up, also pointed out here: (Link at the top of the OP)

Screenshot_2015-10-28-23-58-53_zpsjmvtkiud_edit_1446076755979.png_zpspnadtwwh.jpeg
:)

I think your right @Mickle_89
The "cloudy blemishes" that are being mentioned are exactly the same as the zavvi version. But I think it may of been a tad darker on the zavvi one. but it's definately part of the design behind ultron

Reactions: Mickle_89
@adarkcorner

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but are you referring to this blemish / mark as pointed out here: (Courtesy of @moon's earlier photo)

If so, Kimchi show this exact imagery as depicted on their website mock-up, also pointed out here: (Link at the top of the OP):)

Ahh, I see now. I thought the background was supposed to be solid black. So what I thought were blemishes are actually background detail that's been darkened to the point that it just looks like random smudging (at least, that's how it looks on mine). I had already noticed that the front cover of this version was much darker than the American Best Buy version--a lot of detail that is visible in the big A on the front of the Best Buy version is lost in this version because it's too dark.

Sorry guys, false alarm!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickle_89
I think your right @Mickle_89
The "cloudy blemishes" that are being mentioned are exactly the same as the zavvi version. But I think it may of been a tad darker on the zavvi one. but it's definately part of the design behind ultron

Those "cloudy things" are actually part of the background image which shows a warehouse. ;)

Ahh, I see now. I thought the background was supposed to be solid black. So what I thought were blemishes are actually background detail that's been darkened to the point that it just looks like random smudging (at least, that's how it looks on mine). I had already noticed that the front cover of this version was much darker than the American Best Buy version--a lot of detail that is visible in the big A on the front of the Best Buy version is lost in this version because it's too dark.

Sorry guys, false alarm!
Well I'm happy it's confirmed either way guys as to avoid any confusion :) Once pointed out @adarkcorner, I assumed the worst too but it's all good, at least its not a "defect" so-to-speak... :D

I don't own any version in-hand yet so can't pass too much judgement regarding the finish or cloudy bemishes and will remain impartial until I do :censored::thumbs:

Time will tell once I receive my 1 Click wonder from @Aniv's GB :naughty::D:rolleyes::cool::cigar:

Reactions: Aniv