Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually zavvi cancelling my order has worked out okay. I ordered from FNAC along with RPO and happy with that edition which includes a nice booklet.

Anyone … these late dispatches are arriving in the customary white boxes or in A1 card envelopes?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2 ROW spines together finally:-
DmzbAbrUYAAhqrF.jpg:large

Last edited:
The irony in the arrival of Thanos in a steelbook, sees the end of safe packaging for Steelbooks.

Seriously worried going forward if they arrive in card envelopes.

Reactions: PKAVFC
Anyone … these late dispatches are arriving in the customary white boxes or in A1 card envelopes?

Mine came on the Thursday in the usual white cardboard zavvi mailer. A 3 for £20 deal I bought from Zavvi arrived on Friday and those 3 steelbooks were in the card envelopes. Same for a cheapo £5 steelbook deal from Zoom also in an A1.

Reactions: virkia
Really bugs me that thanos and the gauntlet are matte. I don’t get why the spot gloss wasn’t the other way round or just full gloss. Really makes the purple on thanos and the colourful gauntlet look really muted. Still not bad for a WWA but the spot gloss choice annoys me

Bring on blufans

21210E8B-2510-4AE1-8EA1-2BE810232C80.jpeg

AE6F8772-C1CA-4B8C-B7E1-2C45745A77AE.jpeg

4E36280C-B1CB-4045-9304-43ACFF632E12.jpeg

4DD31F35-DAA6-4A67-95F4-E96F125A1FB7.jpeg

84B9B00E-430B-4A42-B219-14EF48C1F0F1.jpeg

63186261-66CA-42A2-8286-22BAC9C062D9.jpeg

980DA612-6275-4332-BD99-BAA19EE31724.jpeg

0F060E17-E394-4C1C-A200-13B6844E7445.jpeg

162A831C-B369-4447-9031-04F730781615.jpeg

843AB34F-BF93-49C8-AA5B-3085EA0F3B1B.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and jitstark
Got my 3D steel through and it has a nice little crush on the top of it. Emailed Zavvi and they offered me 20% refund to keep it. Think I'll still send it back.

Its happened again! I cancelled my order as I was unimpressed with the art, and lo and behold a copy turned up last week! No dispatch notification or anything. Just a package through the door.

The only reason I've decided to keep it after all, is because the amaray covers for Blu and DVD are just a pure hot mess.

ohhhhh zavvi please dont ship future steelbooks with the brown basic cardboard (n)(n)(n)
or the catastrophe of damaged steelbooks starts again

we all remember that and was sure it was staff here that had a word with them to go back to white boxes as was before.

maybe @Wreck could have a word in there ear :D

basil :thumbs:

Its happened again! I cancelled my order as I was unimpressed with the art, and lo and behold a copy turned up last week! No dispatch notification or anything. Just a package through the door.

The only reason I've decided to keep it after all, is because the amaray covers for Blu and DVD are just a pure hot mess.
Did they charge you for it?

we all remember that and was sure it was staff here that had a word with them to go back to white boxes as was before.

maybe @Wreck could have a word in there ear :D

If anybody thinks it might help, perhaps it would be best to include @zavvi in any posts regarding damaged steelbooks that arrived in the A1 mailers.

If anybody thinks it might help, perhaps it would be best to include @zavvi in any posts regarding damaged steelbooks that arrived in the A1 mailers.

what you mean @zavvi that last visted/posted on this site: 26 feb 2018, really intrested and involved with us all yer right :rolleyes:
they dont give a rats monkeys as long as the moneys coming in and if you believe any different time will teach you as it has the rest of us over the years

Just had a conversation over in the Meet the Robinsons thread about how I’ve always received my steelbooks from Zavvi in those awful brown mailers. They were so shocked over in that thread. Looks like, by reading this thread, y’all see what I’m talking about now.

Perhaps it was @paulboland who said it depends on the warehouse?

Anyway I’m not surprised they’re using the mailers again. If we complain enough maybe they’ll change back to the boxes but I doubt that’ll last

Just had a conversation over in the Meet the Robinsons thread about how I’ve always received my steelbooks from Zavvi in those awful brown mailers. They were so shocked over in that thread. Looks like, by reading this thread, y’all see what I’m talking about now.

Anyway I’m not surprised they’re using the mailers again. If we complain enough maybe they’ll change back to the boxes but I doubt that’ll last

Yes it's the Guernsey warehouse that ships out in the white boxes. I've always received them in Canada but I haven't ordered anything in awhile so I won't know what will happen until Atlantis ships. I know folks in the U.S. received Meet The Robinsons in the A1 mailers.

Guernsey warehouse use the white boxes only but looks be to be either the following has happened recently they have run out of the white boxes or stopped using them.

The 2 main warehouses used are Guernsey and Warrington

When steelbook and other product orders are dispatched from warrington warehouse packaging used varies can be basic cardboard mailers/bubble mailers/Jiffy bags and very rare sometimes decent boxes but that depends on item ordered.

What is risky regardless if shipped from Guernsey or Warrington is Blu-ray releases in soft cardboard slipcover/slipbox as these get dispatched most times in bubble mailers.
It's usually ok if it's a hard rigid slipbox from my experience.

Most steelbooks are dispatched from Guernsey with few occasions from Warrington

If they decided to stop using the white boxes it will cause them lot of problems as having to deal with a increase of steelbooks arriving damaged.

A lot of retailers look at these situations on a % of requests they get for replacements or refunds due to arriving damaged to decide if they use better packaging or save money by using cheaper packaging.

I hope it's just a temporary issue that Zavvi have run out of the white boxes as this did happen before a few years ago and not be that they have decided to stop using them.

Damage can still happen in transit even with the white boxes but they do offer better protection to cardboard mailers especially for overseas customers.

With christmas approaching and the increase of the amount of parcels been handled by various postal carriers steelbooks been shipped in basic cardboard mailers is high risk and be best if Zavvi go back to using the white boxes or even improve on the packaging used for steelbooks like what HMV use now.