May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 14, 2018
Purchase links: English or Bilingual
Price: $44.99 CDN

01a.jpg

03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened before… normally it goes thru but can sometime takes a while. This kind of error happens when they found overstock in their BC Warehouse.

Today from Best Buy:

Thanks for placing an order for Avengers: Infinity War (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $10 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca.

Now I wish I had put in more orders!

The Saga continues...

So today I received an email from Best Buy saying that my order for 2001: A Space Odyssey steelbook has shipped. Out of curiosity I decided to check if this title had returned to their website but it wasn't there.

But guess what? Suddenly Avengers Infinity War is back in stock at the regular price of $44.99.
And yet they couldn't find any stock to ship to me for my 2 orders that I placed on Oct. 9th at the sale price of $29.99 which they then cancelled on me.

So I decided to put in an order again today and then called Customer Service to get the sale price that was cancelled before.

SUCCESS!!!

The best part is I still have my 2 $10.00 evouchers they gave me for cancelling my orders before. :happy:

So hopefully they don't cancel this time after applying the discount.

Or maybe I should hope they cancel them and see if I get more evouchers. Hmm.

So this was listed as in stock on the website on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Now it has disappeared from the website again and my order still hasn't been filled. Again. Well here's hoping for another ecertificate when I eventually get the cancellation notice.

This time I only put in 1 order. I knew I should have put in more orders.

When will I ever learn? They will never have stock for this so I should put in as many orders as possible if it ever shows up on the website again. This is my 3rd $10 ecertificate for their failure to locate copies of this.

Today's email:

November 02, 2018

Order Number: XXXXXXXXX

Thanks for placing an order for Avengers: Infinity War (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $10 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca. In order to use your eCertificate you must have an account on BestBuy.ca and a valid credit card*.

Your eCertificate code is:​

XXXXXXXXXXX​

Enter this code in the Promotional Code field in your cart or when you check out.​

Again, we apologize for the order cancellation and thank you for choosing Best Buy.

The Best Buy team

My advice for all of you. If you ever see the Infinity War steelbook appear on Best Buy's website again, put in an order even if you don't want it. You won't get it and you'll get a $10 ecertificate when they cancel the order a week later.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
So this is showing back in stock again...for a 4th time! I've ordered again looking for more $10 ecertificates.

You all should give it a try. They cancelled my orders 3 times in the past. :LOL:

If my orders get cancelled this time, I'll pretty much be receiving $10 off my Best Buy orders for life!
If they do go through, I'll be getting $15 off each steelbook because every time I put the order in I ask them to match the price of my original order that was cancelled when they were on sale for $29.99 each. WIN/WIN :happy:

Hopefully I haven't jinxed it. :LOL:

Just curious. Did anybody put in an order for a chance at a $10 ecertificate?

This is showing as sold out again.

I ordered solo for someone and got a e certificate for $5 cause they can’t fulfill orders of steelbooks

There are currently 3 copies of Solo in stock online right now.

Also, in a shocking development I just received a shipping notification for Infinity War! I'm finally going to receive a copy. :woot:

Unfortunately no ecertificate this time.

Reactions: Leprekon
There are currently 3 copies of Solo in stock online right now.

Also, in a shocking development I just received a shipping notification for Infinity War! I'm finally going to receive a copy. :woot:

Unfortunately no ecertificate this time.

Well I ended up going to Heartland Town Centre to get it. Love how they just keep showing up and then can’t fulfill stock. Hope you actually Infinity War with this shipping notice lol

Reactions: Stygian