USA
Release date: August 14, 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6237320
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

77DD855E-C26C-44DE-97D7-39AA7BA7A3A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the inside is different, and much worse than the other one, that's already awful

@Vincenzo Demasi

Then, why don't you post your pics in the AUS steelbok thread? This is the USA one :D:D

Last edited:
Yep the embossed variant is tons better, that Best Buy edition is just laughably bad considering the film it represents

I dont understand, why people use a knife or a box cutter to open a steelbook. the cheap shrink wrap is so sensitive, that you can open the seal by touching it.
the cellophane Y-seal has a tear strip to open it.
I've always thought this myself. Putting a knife anywhere near a steelbook is not necessary and like you say, the wrap is easy to tear. Each to their own though.

Got my copy.. disappointed it’s not embossed/debossed like the Zavvi version. But I do like the interior art much better than Zavvi’s. Anyone know if the finish are the same for both? I remember BestBuy and Zavvi used same design for Coco but BB’s version was glossier and more colorful

Picked this up at Best Buy today. Half of them had spine slashes from a continual moronic endeavor of opening the cases with a freakin' knife. Seriously man, every single time I deal with this. Most of the others had blemishes of some sort from ripped shrinkwrap. The one I had in hand was 'iffy' so as I made my way around the store trying to get the right light to detect dings I was approached by security, acting like a customer, asking what I was doing. So I told him that, due to continued incompetence at that location, I'm forced to inspect steelbooks I buy there at differing angles with good light to be sure the schmuck that opened that case hasn't done any other damage to the steels, particularly the one I'm considering. He, again acting like a customer, suggested I tell the management. I thanked him for his concern, relayed I'd been there, and done that, and had an understanding that the management doesn't put a premium on ensuring heavilty sought after items arent destroyed before shelf life. At least they had one that wasn't ruined.

Reactions: TriSteel
Picked this up at Best Buy today. Half of them had spine slashes from a continual moronic endeavor of opening the cases with a freakin' knife. Seriously man, every single time I deal with this. Most of the others had blemishes of some sort from ripped shrinkwrap. The one I had in hand was 'iffy' so as I made my way around the store trying to get the right light to detect dings I was approached by security, acting like a customer, asking what I was doing. So I told him that, due to continued incompetence at that location, I'm forced to inspect steelbooks I buy there at differing angles with good light to be sure the schmuck that opened that case hasn't done any other damage to the steels, particularly the one I'm considering. He, again acting like a customer, suggested I tell the management. I thanked him for his concern, relayed I'd been there, and done that, and had an understanding that the management doesn't put a premium on ensuring heavilty sought after items arent destroyed before shelf life. At least they had one that wasn't ruined.
Lol I do the same thing. Those employees don’t know the struggle of us collectors trying to find a good copy. Last time I was in there, I asked customer service if I could exchange out a purchased steelbook if I discover it’s dented after unwrapping it. She said yes if I open it while in the store. I opened up one and sure enough there were dents under the j card. I picked out another, unwrapped it and it was fine so I bought that one. Not sure how many copies they were willing to let me open, I lucked out on the second one. And obviously if you’re keeping a sealed copy then this doesn’t apply

• Thanks
Reactions: jaws finatic
There is a new Disney/Best Buy advertising campaign: buy Avengers IW SB for $34.99 and get the super special spine slashed edition! Get them now while they last. Quantities are [un]limited.

Grrr, I can't find a single copy anywhere that is not spine slashed (in place of a spine slashed in-store pickup)! Needless to say, I'd rather go without than pay full price for a defective item (I wouldn't even pay $4.99 for it let alone $34.99 -- well, maybe not but you get my point). I do have the Target exclusive, so I am set for watching it this geekend.

EDIT: BTW, the slashes I saw are all under the plastic wrap, so it is unlikely a Best Buy issue. It's happening during manufacture or packaging somewhere in the process

I must’ve gotten lucky on the spine slash front. Is everyone else’s front and back image that significantly off, or did I get one where the plate wasn’t positioned properly.

I must’ve gotten lucky on the spine slash front. Is everyone else’s front and back image that significantly off, or did I get one where the plate wasn’t positioned properly.
they're all off.. shame they didn't treat such a high profile title with better QC

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Lol I do the same thing. Those employees don’t know the struggle of us collectors trying to find a good copy. Last time I was in there, I asked customer service if I could exchange out a purchased steelbook if I discover it’s dented after unwrapping it. She said yes if I open it while in the store. I opened up one and sure enough there were dents under the j card. I picked out another, unwrapped it and it was fine so I bought that one. Not sure how many copies they were willing to let me open, I lucked out on the second one. And obviously if you’re keeping a sealed copy then this doesn’t apply

If a customer buys the product and unwraps it in store and finds damage then you can explain, take it back and get another. Again, unwrap it in store and if it's damaged tell them again and so on. You can keep doing this as many times as you like until you find a non damaged one. It's your consumer rights. They can't escape the fact that a) You've purchased it, b) You've returned it for replacement, c) You've proven damage time again with each one.

Reactions: TriSteel