Back To The Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Hoverboard Edition) [France]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR
Price: €129.98

Coffret-Retour-vers-le-futur-Steelbook-Hoverboard-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited:
Every time I get a BTTF notification I get excited “finally the UK have a date”.
Nope it’s for France :(

Why is it so expensive? Does it have more goodies than the US edition?
France has 3 editions that include the steelbooks

USA steelbook edition does not have the hoverboard.

If you want cheaper edition order the steelbooks release without the hoverboard

Amazon also often list RRP price at first for listings and reduce to retail price before release date.
Pre order price promise will drop price auto in your order when that happens

France has 3 editions that include the steelbooks

USA steelbook edition does not have the hoverboard.

If you want cheaper edition order the steelbooks release without the hoverboard

Amazon also often list RRP price at first for listings and reduce to retail price before release date.
Pre order price promise will drop price auto in your order when that happens
Already knew that, but you would think that the Time Circuits edition would be more expensive as it has more goodies in addition to the steelbooks. Does the Time Circuits edition comes in a cheap cardboard box? And why would a tiny hoverboard roughly cost an extra $60? The 3 steelbooks from Best Buy are $70.

You can buy the hoverboard on it's own from Amazon US for $29.99:

The French edition is a total rip-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genocide
Already knew that, but you would think that the Time Circuits edition would be more expensive as it has more goodies in addition to the steelbooks. Does the Time Circuits edition comes in a cheap cardboard box? And why would a tiny hoverboard roughly cost an extra $60? The 3 steelbooks from Best Buy are $70.

You can buy the hoverboard on it's own from Amazon US for $29.99:

The French edition is a total rip-off.
Amazon prices are often high when first go live price likely to drop before release date

Reactions: MM3
I actually really like these SteelBook designs. First set of films I can think of that uses the art of off each other. But I have zero interest in the films anymore

Interesting dark witch magic trickery on the hoverboard...

So that's 55€ extra for the little hoverboard?

Should be free or 15€ max...They are stealing money here.

Reactions: MM3
Anybody else got this mail from Amazon? :sour:

Bonjour,

Nous vous contactons au sujet de votre récente précommande XXX contenant l’article :

Retour vers Le Futur : Trilogie [35ème Anniversaire-Coffret édition limitée Steelbook 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Hoverboard en lévitation]
Asin : B08FKKB2CY

Nous sommes au regret de vous informer que nous avons dû annuler cet article de votre commande en raison d'une forte demande. Cet article faisant partie d’une édition limitée, nous ne serons pas en mesure de vous le livrer.

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour le désagrément causé par cette annulation et vous remercions de votre compréhension.

Cordialement,

Service Client Amazon.fr
www.amazon.fr