Bare Wall + A2 Acrylic Frames = Opportunity

Metasyntactic

Tetragrammaton
Premium Supporter
Hi All,

Im looking to turn a bare wall in my living room into something of marvel.

Ive managed to get a great price on some acrylic frames, so I want to stick some posters in them.

I had two ideas of themes. One being, my favourite movies. The other being comic characters.

Ive got a few ideas from ETSY and other random sites, but having seen the limited edition Tron print from the Ninja Store - its made me think. I do want all the posters (probably 4ish) to be linked - or the same theme - artist etc. Just so it doesnt look weird.

Also, no super jazzy mix of colours - dont want them to look busy, so perhaps 75% minimalist. Haha.

Here's a few top contenders at the moment... But happy to take suggestions/thoughts/recommendations.

Comic Book 'Stylz'

il_570xN.535704316_kzat.jpg

il_570xN.692841372_d69t.jpg

il_570xN.680609545_1shp.jpg

il_570xN.583181895_h2nl.jpg

il_570xN.623082251_bawd.jpg

Movies

il_570xN.261919298.jpg

il_570xN.525661838_iy8a.jpg

il_570xN.250541827.jpg

il_570xN.675946641_j90e.jpg

il_570xN.373806092_c4t9.jpg

il_570xN.639021656_d2jy.jpg

il_570xN.710852347_e3km.jpg

il_570xN.389822502_tqup.jpg

il_570xN.525830988_b0gc.jpg

il_570xN.570693601_n4a8.jpg
il_570xN.375995419_o9j0.jpg

@Metasyntactic

I'm shocked , totaly shocked don't know what I expected clicking your header what I found in one word AWSOMENESS on a compleate new level :notworthy: :drool:.

They are FANTASTIC JUST BRILLIANT . I also love how you ninja in with the wall on your first V for Vendetta poster :naughty: :thumbs: .

Do I thank ? Helpful ?or informative ? Needs all 3 to cover it WELL DONE YOU :hilarious: :D .

Reactions: Metasyntactic
Huh?

I have merely stolen all these images and added them to my "Potential Poster" folder...

Id love to get more movie posters along the theme above... I did look for my Top 10 movies, but not many abstract/minimalist/cool posters for them (and I dont especially want the 'actual' movie posters).

But glad you like them - that must mean I have pretty good taste in posters so far :D

Reactions: Scary Hair
Well my 1st choice is the 6 character silhouettes for Avengers with red/white background; or the 2nd pic, where they have half superhero, and half their original self.
As for single movie posters, the V poster with the whole "V" speech printed looks awesome. Definitely get that. Others would be Scott Pilgrim and The Avengers (silhouettes with red building background)

Well my 1st choice is the 6 character silhouettes for Avengers with red/white background; or the 2nd pic, where they have half superhero, and half their original self.
As for single movie posters, the V poster with the whole "V" speech printed looks awesome. Definitely get that. Others would be Scott Pilgrim and The Avengers (silhouettes with red building background)
4th pic down really speaks to me, but all look great!

So thats a good two firm votes for the Avengers white and red background ones...

Unfortunately, im only looking for 4 maximum - so Hawkeye and Romanov wouldnt make the cut im afraid.

il_570xN.583181895_h2nl.jpg

Huh?

I have merely stolen all these images and added them to my "Potential Poster" folder...

Id love to get more movie posters along the theme above... I did look for my Top 10 movies, but not many abstract/minimalist/cool posters for them (and I dont especially want the 'actual' movie posters).

But glad you like them - that must mean I have pretty good taste in posters so far :D
Hi Mate, I don't know what your budget is, but at the moment there is someone selling a full set of 16 MONDO SUPERHEROES PAST/PRESENT by SPACEMAN 'KHOA HO', Sadly, very expensive but a cool set, hope this helps.:thumbs:

/itm/Superheros-Past-Present-By-SPACEMAN-Khoa-Ho-complete-set-16-prints-Mondo-/271768460920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f46a99e78

• Helpful Post
Hi Mate, I don't know what your budget is, but at the moment there is someone selling a full set of 16 MONDO SUPERHEROES PAST/PRESENT by SPACEMAN 'KHOA HO', Sadly, very expensive but a cool set, hope this helps.:thumbs:

Your link appears broken - but heres a working one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271768460920

This goes down as two counts of Wow... Firstly for the images - and secondly for the price.

They are *well* out of budget! haha - but amazing images.

PS Easily my favourite:
$_12.JPG

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Hi Mate, I don't know what your budget is, but at the moment there is someone selling a full set of 16 MONDO SUPERHEROES PAST/PRESENT by SPACEMAN 'KHOA HO'

The only recent record of any singles being sold is £50 each for the Superwoman and Spiderman one.

If I could get a similar price on an 'each' basis - I might be tempted - as the 4x shot of the ones above are going to cost me about $150/£100

The guy selling the job lot for €1200 had them listed before at a bigger price and got no interest. I see this time he's had an offer, but im going to wait to see if he relists them again. €1200/£900 is too strong. For the full set of 16, id have to go £600 max, keep 4 of the best - and the sell the rest for £50 each...

The only recent record of any singles being sold is £50 each for the Superwoman and Spiderman one.

If I could get a similar price on an 'each' basis - I might be tempted - as the 4x shot of the ones above are going to cost me about $150/£100

The guy selling the job lot for €1200 had them listed before at a bigger price and got no interest. I see this time he's had an offer, but im going to wait to see if he relists them again. €1200/£900 is too strong. For the full set of 16, id have to go £600 max, keep 4 of the best - and the sell the rest for £50 each...
I've actually bought several pieces off of him including a Ken Taylor 'WATCHMEN' and a Jason Edmiston 'PREDATOR', I stumbled across this set as I have added him to my favorites list and always check his listings, so if you do decide to make him an offer, all I can say is GOOD LUCK:thumbs:, and in my experience of using him, it has always been very very positive....:):):):):)

Im a bit stuck now... as my idea was to have these 'floating'.

But that means ill have to mount the poster inside the two sheets or perspex... But expect them to float?

Plus, how do I get the perspex to clamp together? Ive found perspex glue, but does it dry invisible? Otherwise you'll have a floating splodge of glue!?

Ive seen those guys on etsy before ... yeah they'll pretty much print you anything anyway or design other characters!

different tastes for diff folks but in the end if I do minimal it needs to have a couple things going on otherwise i think I personally would tire of it on the wall pretty quick. example...

olly-moss-3.jpeg

images

If you like the Tron Aseo print ... check out his work or also search Martin Ansin which is pretty similar (at times).