Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order October 13, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £18.99

43694596_10155486462355146_7188007749907644416_n.jpg

11912758-1964617561447267.jpg 11912758-2114617561677169.jpg 11912758-1764617561752268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose while we argue the merits of whether this should be Basil or just The Great Mouse Detective, it could be worse. We could be dealing with a whole set of classics with no titles on them at all.

Oh god, a whole wave of just character faces on the spine

Considering that many of us here are interested in the packaging (otherwise we'd buy amarays) it's not surprising that the title appearing on it has become such a talking point.

If the UK had used the US master for Avengers Assemble, I for one would have expected to see The Avengers on the spine (matching the on-screen titles). Ironically the title isn't on the Disney HMV steelbook I own at all.
I suppose while we argue the merits of whether this should be Basil or just The Great Mouse Detective, it could be worse. We could be dealing with a whole set of classics with no titles on them at all.
Luckily the WWA was titleless(and still one of my fave steelbooks ever, despite the ugly spine)

its discussed becuase, for some such as myself, it stops this release from being a great one. It ruins it to a point where am actually disappointed and had it not been for the fact I desire all Disney Classics on steel, I wouldnt have bothered with it.
It lessen's the overall finish, and nice embossing by having, to UK'er collector at least, a simple title mistake.

If you like it and title doesnt bother you then great, continue to love and enjoy it. Dont let a debate and others disappointment taint things for you(I dont - people are hating on the new JK Rowling movie but it isnt stopping me from wanting to see it again in 3D). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you dont want to read the 'bickering'(I prefer, debate :) ) then scroll passed it. I do in threads when they go too negative or are discussing an aspect I'd rather not read about. Simple solutions :)

By encode you mean, print of the movie? So you are saying no UK editions have the correct UK title? (I've not purchased a UK copy of the movie since DVD)
Yes the USA print of the Movie is used in the UK Blu-ray release from 2015
UK DVD and VHS releases have correct UK title card and DVD has UK title in Disc menu

UK Blu-ray is just the USA Blu-ray disc repackaged with UK title printed on the disc itself and UK title on the Amaray artwork
The disc itself is the USA print of the film

DVD release you had previously yes was UK print of the film and had UK title in DVD Disc menu and title card

Yes the USA print of the Movie is used in the UK Blu-ray release from 2015
UK DVD and VHS releases have correct UK title card and DVD has UK title in Disc menu

UK Blu-ray is just the USA Blu-ray disc repackaged with UK title printed on the disc itself and UK title on the Amaray artwork
The disc itself is the USA print of the film

DVD release you had previously yes was UK print of the film and had UK title in DVD Disc menu and title card
so Disney have been lazy for years....F***s sake *faceplam*

Hey, any Canadians out there not receiving theirs yet because of the strike? I just want to know if others are in the same boat as me, or if something happened to my shipment.

Hey, any Canadians out there not receiving theirs yet because of the strike? I just want to know if others are in the same boat as me, or if something happened to my shipment.

If it helps, I still haven't received mine yet...

But, to be honestly, I expect a 6-week turnaround from shipment to arrival in Alberta, and thats generally pretty accurate.