Batman (1989) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #9) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: March 22, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - The Entertainment Store (eBay) (Pre-order on February 15)
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

148526315_504232367640287_1286063053989270317_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought about buying it but passed. Not so much after it since i missed my chance with Zavvi.
These 1 am launches have to stop. Why ffs they can't do normal day launch instead of waking up middle of the night and moreover ppl preordering multiple copies and then to scalp them on ebay. These should be limited to 1 per account/customer.
Still waiting Pacific Rim copy since i preordered it on Amazon Italy :D.

I normally can understand when steelbooks are sold out and desirable but these TOC editions I've never understood? How many of each of these TOC editions are made? I assume it is some what limited otherwise BR wouldn't be selling for over $100.
What am I missing with the TOC editions? Especially this release which just looks flat out bad. Everyone has there own preferences when it comes to Art so it could just be me?
The HDZ release and what I've seen from Cinemuseum's promo pictures they both look 100 times better than this TOC edition IMO of Batman(1989). But that's just me.

I normally can understand when steelbooks are sold out and desirable but these TOC editions I've never understood? How many of each of these TOC editions are made? I assume it is some what limited otherwise BR wouldn't be selling for over $100.
What am I missing with the TOC editions? Especially this release which just looks flat out bad. Everyone has there own preferences when it comes to Art so it could just be me?
The HDZ release and what I've seen from Cinemuseum's promo pictures they both look 100 times better than this TOC edition IMO of Batman(1989). But that's just me.
Apples and oranges. Cant compare titans of cult to premium labels like hdzeta. Totally different product but also totally different price. Looking at over £60 to get an hdzeta steelbook. This is £30. Many people just won't spend that kind of money. Also there's probably more people than you realise who have never really heard of hdzeta and certainly not cinemuseum.
I buy all the titans of cult so far I actually quite like the designs. They're different, what I would call marmite (a very English reference for those from elsewhere)-love it or hate it.
For the price they are fairly decent packages baring in mind zavvi bang out crappy 4k old movies for £25.

The only thing I like about that really is the disc art, and that's only because the 'blue' art on the standard 4k release doesn't fit the film.

Got mine too. I wish they would make more of the outer box; they seem to be really dull Presentation wise. I really loved how the 2001 mission patch was presented as a planet in the box, until they switched it on release. Still good value though I think. £30 for something a bit different. I hope they continue with these and PLEASE some more studios!

Reactions: djjez83
Nah, still not a fan of that steel unfortunately... one to keep in the blister pack :bag: lol.

Nah, still not a fan of that steel unfortunately... one to keep in the blister pack :bag: lol.
its not great all for sure, although I've always liked schematic diagram drawing so softens me up towards it a bit. mainly opened mine as I will be watching it. And i want the pin badge for my lanyard at work!

They’re kind of addictive, making us wait and see what else they’ll come up with. Last two for sure will be staying sealed for now at least. I wonder if they’ll release that pin badge steelbook holder thing?

Got mine too. I wish they would make more of the outer box; they seem to be really dull Presentation wise. I really loved how the 2001 mission patch was presented as a planet in the box, until they switched it on release. Still good value though I think. £30 for something a bit different. I hope they continue with these and PLEASE some more studios!
What's the packaging like?

thin plastic slip box with printing on. steelbook and clear plastic tray with pin inside the box. Just wish they were more creative with outer box like earlier releases. Lazy to have two schematic style steelbooks back to back also.
Thanks very much. I was wondering about the shipping packaging that you received it in :)