Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: July 4, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £39.99

81XjEqnrXcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So annoying because these are actually 2 very decent sets but the steelbooks are awful. I can handle returns but you can barely see the art on batman. Everything else is perfect, the slip, artworks and stills on the art cards, the booklet etc. Some of it looks better than what some premiums have chosen before. Especially the art card stills.

If they stick around and drop significantly then I might bite because all round they are decent. But I can’t buy those steels at full price

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
So annoying because these are actually 2 very decent sets but the steelbook are awful. I can handle returns but you can barely see the art on batman. Everything else is perfect, the slip, artworks and stills on the art cards, the booklet etc. Some of it looks better than what some premiums have chosen before. Especially the art card stills.

If they stick around a drop significantly then I might bite because all round they are decent. But I can’t buy those steels at full price
I cancelled all my orders for the Batman films ultimate editions

I already have the Nolan Trilogy in 4K and also the 2 Tim Burton films in 4K

The Nolan 4K Trilogy in a slipbox cost me less (£25.00 free shipping with Amazon UK) than than purchasing just one of these ultimate editions

If they don't sell well and price drops to £15 or less each I might get them but not when they are £39.99 each

Reactions: Flloydo
I cancelled all my orders for the Batman films ultimate editions

I already have the Nolan Trilogy in 4K and also the 2 Tim Burton films in 4K

The Nolan 4K Trilogy in a slipbox cost me less (£25.00 free shipping with Amazon UK) than than purchasing just one of these ultimate editions

If they don't sell well and price drops to £15 or less each I might get them but not when they are £39.99 each

Such things I hear, they don't make sense :naughty:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
You can probably see the art on the steelbooks in hand better than than you can in the video with that bright light reflecting off of them.

WB are allergic to releasing decent steels of these two I swear.. they're are still better than the last 4K wave (and the ToC steel), but are far cry from TDK trilogy steels their UCE sets.

I want these both purely for the extras and slips. May just sell the steels if they look that poor in hand and pop my existing 4K amarays inside. Hmm...

Reactions: Shark and Flloydo
WB are allergic to releasing decent steels of these two I swear.. they're are still better than the last 4K wave (and the ToC steel), but are far cry from TDK trilogy steels their UCE sets.

They really are just against good art for these films. Annoys me because I still don’t own returns and I keep saying no surely the next re release will be better lol.

Also what is WBs thing with blueprints? They love it. So strange (the Burton Batman’s, Pacific rim, space jam etc etc)
I want these both purely for the extras and slips. May just sell the steels if they look that poor in hand and pop my existing 4K amarays inside. Hmm...
They really got it spot on with everything else

So what exactly do people want to see on the front of a steelbook for 1989's Batman?
There's a fantastic mondo poster by Ken Taylor, that would be my absolute dream. Followed by the poster art used on CM's proposed lenti slip and poster art used on HDZ's lenti slip (well, the original theatrical version anyway) respectively.

Reactions: Flloydo and Stygian
They really are just against good art for these films. Annoys me because I still don’t own returns and I keep saying no surely the next re release will be better lol.

Also what is WBs thing with blueprints? They love it. So strange (the Burton Batman’s, Pacific rim, space jam etc etc)

They really got it spot on with everything else
Honestly the original bluray steel for returns is near enough perfect as is imo. Bat logo teaser poster on the front, main theatrical poster on rear and a great still shot on the interior. Finish isn't too bad either tbf.

I've got the Canadian blu-ray steel for '89, which at arms length is the best steel available. Shame finish is a bit gritty and the rear still shot is rather blurry in hand.

Genuinely don't know what wb have for blueprints, it's such an odd fixation. Baffling.

Just taken a look at another returns unboxing and I think I'm gonna pass on that one. Don't like the rear of the slip or the steel and I'm fairly sure my HDZ SL has nearly every image they've used on their cards/booklet/poster already covered.

Well I never had any edition of these two with a fullslip and booklet/cards (missed HDZ), so keeping my preorder. It's at £35 too.

Wow, looking at the unboxing video, they are a huge pass. Each to their own, but they look absolutely un-imaginitive for the price they are asking. The original 2 movies need the Batman signal embossed and glossy on the front, just like the main poster. Something really "in your face" and colourful like the films, not boring dark artwork like these. Who gets paid to create stuff like this?

Reactions: Shark
Received this along with Batman Returns in the worst packaging that I have ever seen from Zavvi. It looked like two bits of cardboard wrapped around them both with no packing inside held together by a bit of tape.
Pretty banged up as well, yet somehow they were both perfectly ok :oops:

The Steelbook for Batman is crap, worse than ToC (in my opinion), you can hardly see the title. Like others have said everything else is great which is a real shame.

Received this along with Batman Returns in the worst packaging that I have ever seen from Zavvi. It looked like two bits of cardboard wrapped around them both with no packing inside held together by a bit of tape.
Pretty banged up as well, yet somehow they were both perfectly ok :oops:

The Steelbook for Batman is crap, worse than ToC (in my opinion), you can hardly see the title. Like others have said everything else is great which is a real shame.
I had a feeling it wasn’t the light in that video on the batman steel. Because everything else seemed fine in that light. You could even see the joker back better than the front. Real shame.

I had a feeling it wasn’t the light in that video on the batman steel. Because everything else seemed fine in that light. You could even see the joker back better than the front. Real shame.
Even the outer case image is dark as hell. Only got these as I didn’t have them in 4K and The Batman was a nice set.
I don’t get how they can’t do a solid job on steels for these two films. Obviously there is less quality original art for Batman, I get costs of doing anything new but still just use the original poster and as for Batman Returns there is an awesome set of posters to choose from and that really sucks that they don’t use them!

Even the outer case image is dark as hell. Only got these as I didn’t have them in 4K and The Batman was a nice set.
I don’t get how they can’t do a solid job on steels for these two films. Obviously there is less quality original art for Batman, I get costs of doing anything new but still just use the original poster and as for Batman Returns there is an awesome set of posters to choose from and that really sucks that they don’t use them!

The original poster or the "Batman" logo has already been on more than one steelbook. Is it supposed to be used every time a new set comes out?

Or is there some other "original" poster that you're referring to?

The original poster or the "Batman" logo has already been on more than one steelbook. Is it supposed to be used every time a new set comes out?

Or is there some other "original" poster that you're referring to?
There is this theatrical poster, which would make an awesome steelbook. Although a variant of it is available on the HDZ SL.

Screenshot_20220701-010101_IMDb.jpg