Germany
Release date: November 14, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon ES
Price: €20.99
Additional Infos: bare black Steelbook with artwork-sticker

716CG5lgNUL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stygian
Antologia is close enough to Anthology that I don't mind the spanish since the spine is the right way for North America.

According to Steelbookpro.fr, these Steelbooks won't have anything printed on them. All the Steelbooks from the "Black Metal edition" will be plain black, the picture from the movie (shown on Amazon) will be a slip.

Yes, no artwork on the steelbooks - believe it or not . . . this one joining the other 13 in the Black Metal Collection.
The 14 - SUPERMAN I - IV / BATMAN ANTHOLOGY 1989 - 1997 / DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY / MATRIX TRILOGY + ANIMATRIX / GREMLINS 1 & 2 / TAKEN TRILOGY / INDEPENDENCE DAY 1 & 2 / PLANET OF THE APES TRILOGY / MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY / CONAN 1 & 2 / JAMES DEAN COLLECTION / 300: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION / SHERLOCK HOLMES 1 & 2 and MAD MAX ANTHOLOGY.
(Spanish titles on slips)
1541762960181.png
1541762998065.png
1541763059022.png
1541763089922.png
1541763130136.png
1541763162758.png
1541763196823.png
1541763890440.png

Last edited:
Yes, no artwork on the steelbooks believe it or not . . . this one joining the other 12 in the Black Metal Collection.
The 13 - SUPERMAN I - IV / BATMAN ANTHOLOGY 1989 - 1997 / DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY / MATRIX TRILOGY + ANIMATRIX / GREMLINS 1 & 2 / TAKEN TRILOGY / INDEPENDENCE DAY 1 & 2 / PLANET OF THE APES TRILOGY / MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY / CONAN 1 & 2 / JAMES DEAN COLLECTION /SHERLOCK HOLMES 1 & 2 and MAD MAX ANTHOLOGY.
(Spanish titles on slips)
Do you have a separate source for confirming it virkia?

So how fun would that be if you ordered all of these and then once opened, somebody decided to switch all the slips around on you. :LOL:
I don't know. This makes no sense. Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a steelbook for these as far as I'm concerned.

the crappy stickered Warner Wave from a few years back was bad.... but this is RIDICULOUS & completely missing the point...
Scanavo really shooting themselves in the foot with those...
EASIEST PASS EVER

the crappy stickered Warner Wave from a few years back was bad.... but this is RIDICULOUS & completely missing the point...
Scanavo really shooting themselves in the foot with those...
EASIEST PASS EVER

Scanavo makes what the client wants and pays for

Do you have a separate source for confirming it virkia?
No separate source - apart from Steelbokpro -
"Certains d’entres vous avaient peut-être remarqué la mention “Black Metal Edition” dans le titre sur amazon.es. Qu’est ce que cela signifie ? Steelbookpro a désormais la réponse : tous ces steelbooks sont des steelbooks 100% noirs avec un fourreau pour l’illustration.
C’est un nouveau concept pour limiter les frais (un seul steelbook à produire au lieu de treize !)." LOL

Apart from the single source the clue's in the collection title.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would have been more attractive with slipcases but at least the slipcovers will be unique / bespoke as regular Amaray slipcovers do not fit easily over the slightly wider steelbooks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from the historic release of a collection of totally blank steelbooks (WTF / Wow) - some of the other cultural / historical / earth-shattering events of equal importance from around the world that occured on the 14th November :-
1380 - King Charles VI of France crowned at age 12
1832 - First streetcar (horse-drawn) (John Mason) debuts in NYC; fare 12 cents rode on 4th Avenue between Prince and 14th
1851 - "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville first published by Harper and Brothers in the US
1883 - "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson first published as a book by Cassell & Co
1888 - St Andrews Golf Club, Yonkers NY, opens with just 6 holes
1889 - New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) begins her attempt to surpass fictitious journey of Jules Verne's Phileas Fogg by travelling around the world in under 80 days.
She succeeds, finishing the trip in 72 days, 6 hours
1908 - Albert Einstein presents his quantum theory of light
1910 - First airplane flight from deck of a ship, Norfolk, Virginia
1921 - The Communist Party of Spain is founded
1922 - BBC begins daily radio broadcasts from the 2LO transmitter at Marconi House
1935 - Nazis deprive German Jews of their citizenship
1952 - First regular UK singles chart published by the New Musical Express
1960 - Riot due to school integration in New Orleans
1966 - Muhammad Ali (fka Cassius Clay) TKOs Cleveland Williams in 3 for heavyweight title
1968 - First European lung transplant / Yale University announces it is going co-educational
1969 - Apollo 12 (Conrad/Gordon/Bean) launched for 2nd manned Moon landing
1972 - Dow Jones closes above 1,000 for 1st time (1003.16)
1973 - Royal Wedding: Princess Anne, married Captain Mark Phillips in Westminster Abbey . The marriage ceremony was televised around the world with an estimated 100 million viewers
1981 - Pakistan all out for 62 v Australia (Dennis Lillee 5 -18)
1983 - First cruise missile placed at Greenham Common, England
1986 - SEC imposes a record $100 million penalty against Ivan Boesky
1994 - First trains for public run in Channel Tunnel under English Channel
1997 - Disney's "Lion King" sets Broadway record of $2,700,000 daily sales
2016 - Moana" animated Disney film directed by Ron Clements and John Musker with voices by Auli'i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson premieres in Los Angeles

... and of course the 14th November is the birthday of Charles, Prince of Wales - the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh / next in line to the throne / formerly married to Lady Diana Spencer with two children Prince William and Prince Henry /Charles and Diana were divorced in 1996 after 15 years of marriage / now married to Camilla Parker Bowles . . .

. . . and of Nehru (India's first President) / Claude Monet / Leo Baekeland (Bakelite plastics) etc.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Would have been more attractive with slipcases but at least the slipcovers will be unique / bespoke as regular Amaray slipcovers do not fit easily over the slightly wider steelbooks.
That's one way to look at it. But pretty costly for just the slipcovers.

Scanavo makes what the client wants and pays for

DUH... of course.. it´s a business..

but still.... EVERYONE I used to know that bought pretty much every SteelBook of the slightest interest stopped doing that because of inferior, watered down cheapo SteeBooks like the Jumbos, Stickerbooks and now this comes around
will there be enough people buying these anyway... absolutely...

but it´ll hurt Scanavo anyway... because many will be disappointed it´s a generic blank thing with a slip only.. it´s NOT what you´d expect AT ALL.... some will keep it anyway.. some will send it back... but most will be more careful next time .. probably thinking a second and third time before/when ordering another SteelBook in fear of another crapfest like this..

DUH... of course.. it´s a business..

but still.... EVERYONE I used to know that bought pretty much every SteelBook of the slightest interest stopped doing that because of inferior, watered down cheapo SteeBooks like the Jumbos, Stickerbooks and now this comes around
will there be enough people buying these anyway... absolutely...

but it´ll hurt Scanavo anyway... because many will be disappointed it´s a generic blank thing with a slip only.. it´s NOT what you´d expect AT ALL.... some will keep it anyway.. some will send it back... but most will be more careful next time .. probably thinking a second and third time before/when ordering another SteelBook in fear of another crapfest like this..

might not hurt them that much. If a client like Warner, Fox or any other big studio comes and ask for a cheap product, Scanavo won't refuse. We, as collectors, might not buy them, but the studios will, so Scanavo still get money

might not hurt them that much. If a client like Warner, Fox or any other big studio comes and ask for a cheap product, Scanavo won't refuse. We, as collectors, might not buy them, but the studios will, so Scanavo still get money

well.. that´s pretty much what I said...

but in the long run it still hurts Scanavo.. if you put out inferior product or water/dumb it down it´ll show at some point..

I used to know TONS of people buying pretty much every single SteelBook release out there.. not a single one around anymore.. and all said it´s because Stickerbooks, Jumbos and when they´ve dumbed down SteelBooks using the cheaper thinner metal/no inside artwork and the likes

I´ve pre-ordered the Warner ES Stickerbook wave back in the day and was really disappointed (to put it very nicely) with it upon arrival..
same with unexpected Jumbos and some italian/dutch Stickerbooks...
If I would have pre-.ordered all these for the almost €300 asking price I would be really angry to get 14 black blank Steelbooks with a few cheapo slips
but then.. I am way more selective now anyway because of all this..

@TobGud blamethe studios, not Scanavo. If a studio does not want to pay the paint to get inside artwork, that's not Scanavo's fault, they won't give it for free.

@TobGud blamethe studios, not Scanavo. If a studio does not want to pay the paint to get inside artwork, that's not Scanavo's fault, they won't give it for free.

I absolutely do...
but it takes 2 to Tango you know... they´ve agreed..
afaik things like empty inside just didn´t exist in the early SteelBook days

anyway.. I know it´s a business and they won´t turn away customers and yaddayadda... Scanavo told me ..
but I´d still love them to focus a little more on quality over quantity now and then...

Can just about see the attraction of these releases (if cheap enough) . . . could look minimalist and smart if all black 'n' glossy with smart spine magnets (w/ English language titles) courtesy @Drumass.

Just bin the slipcovers . . . which look to be of the rounded top shape as seen in the UK on THE COEN BROTHERS 5-FILM COLLECTION etc. jumbo Amaray:-
1541853809018.png
1541854233242.png

If same quality slips as ^ two good things about them:-
1) Decent thickness as far as slipcovers go i.e. not flimsy like J-cards or the thinner Amaray slipcovers
2) The 'corners' won't get squished in transit.

On the other side of the coin looks more like an experiment designed to see at what level of bonkers steelbook collectors are . . .
. . . didn't seem bonkers to me at the time but I'm guilty of buying one blank steelbook - FAST & FURIOUS 1 - 4 PIMP MY RIDE (stickerbook) - but my excuse is that that was some nine years ago and that it had a nice-looking translucent slip + stickers to pimp the metal.
1541851786440.png
1541851817359.png
1541851860310.png
1541851925572.png

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k