Batman 4-Film Collection 1989 - 1997 (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 17, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $89.99

1568298580996.png

6346959_so.jpg

untitled-jpg.431184

240397_slip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It also appears that the shelf for them is just your typical cardboard shelf too and not like the HP tin shelf. Bummer :(

I hope the art change is just an error; it looks identical to the standard, which is highly unlikely. Well, we've three more months to find out what's what. :sweat:

My only problem with this is i wish then Batman logos were from their respective movies

This box set will no longer include the Blu-Ray discs. It will only have four 4K discs. The title should be updated.

Unfortunately- it looks like they have regraded and color-timed Batman and Batman Returns to be TEAL.:ohno::oops::squint:

OK I watched that. I'm so glad that I don't have a 4K player. I'm also happy that I'm really not the kind of person that fiddles around with audio and video settings like adjusting equalizer settings or colour grades or whatever. I tried that kind of stuff decades ago and I could never decide what sounded or looked better after adjustments. So I just watch and listen to things on the automatic settings and I don't need upgrades.

I honestly wouldn't notice any difference in sound and picture between formats unless they were both played on split screen in front of me. I'm quite sure that I will never be watching a movie on 2 different formats on a split screen at the same time anyway lol.

OK I watched that. I'm so glad that I don't have a 4K player. I'm also happy that I'm really not the kind of person that fiddles around with audio and video settings like adjusting equalizer settings or colour grades or whatever. I tried that kind of stuff decades ago and I could never decide what sounded or looked better after adjustments. So I just watch and listen to things on the automatic settings and I don't need upgrades.

I honestly wouldn't notice any difference in sound and picture between formats unless they were both played on split screen in front of me. I'm quite sure that I will never be watching a movie on 2 different formats on a split screen at the same time anyway lol.
Understood. But the goal is to watch the film as closely as possible to way it is intended to be seen.
Increased resolution, clarity, luminescence and color palette achieve that.
Take a look at a CRT (old TV) and you will wonder how you ever dealt with such a crappy picture!
I agree that most laypersons would be hard-pressed to see an immediate difference between 2K and 4K -
but almost everyone will see the difference between SDR and HDR. (We are literally talking about the difference between 16.7 million colors per pixel at 8 bits (SDR) to 1.07 BILLION colors per pixel at 10 bits (HDR) - even more at 12 bits with Dolby Vision)

Understood. But the goal is to watch the film as closely as possible to way it is intended to be seen.
Increased resolution, clarity, luminescence and color palette achieve that.
Take a look at a CRT (old TV) and you will wonder how you ever dealt with such a crappy picture!
I agree that most laypersons would be hard-pressed to see an immediate difference between 2K and 4K -
but almost everyone will see the difference between SDR and HDR. (We are literally talking about the difference between 16.7 million colors per pixel at 8 bits (SDR) to 1.07 BILLION colors per pixel at 10 bits (HDR) - even more at 12 bits with Dolby Vision)

And yet they decided to use 900 million shades of teal? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: monanza and C.C. 95
And yet they decided to use 900 million shades of teal? ;)
Yeah - they need to have a SERIOUS TALK with their colorists.
Not only Batman- when Criterion BULL DURHAM came out - the color timing made the blue colors aqua.
The original Matrix Blu rays had an extreme Green push. (They fixed this with the 4K blu rays, thank god).
D63D4429-497D-4662-B8E6-C9606431E189.jpeg

Reactions: Stygian
I saw a photo of the US set which seems to confirm that it doesn't include the blu-ray discs which seems odd since that would mean no special features I would think. The J-card only says 4K+Digital. No mention of Blu-ray. Also the mock-up on Best Buy's site was changed at some point to only show 4 discs - 1 disc of each colour. The set looks like it's packaged the same way as the Avengers set with the "J-card" covering the steelbooks so they aren't visible.

There's a listing on eBay where the seller has pre-sold 8 sets of these and his listing says 4K+Blu-ray+Digital. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I bet that's going to be fun when he ships those out.

I saw a photo of the US set which seems to confirm that it doesn't include the blu-ray discs which seems odd since that would mean no special features I would think. The J-card only says 4K+Digital. No mention of Blu-ray. Also the mock-up on Best Buy's site was changed at some point to only show 4 discs - 1 disc of each colour. The set looks like it's packaged the same way as the Avengers set with the "J-card" covering the steelbooks so they aren't visible.
That's disappointing! Why wouldn't they include a Blu Ray in this set?? Zavvi is getting both 4k+Blu Ray! :banghead: