Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: 4K + BD + Bonus disc

C30997CE-5AAF-4B22-AB27-658E5C6BC4A4.jpeg897E3799-86CD-4A2D-8367-238D152B2724.jpeg
52356466019_740ae8889d_h.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I have to say about Blufans is that as great as their editions are and the amazing depth they consistently get to their lentis, from my anecdotal experience the lentis always seems to arrive with a lot more more scuffs and scratches than either weet and ML. In particular, on my BB edition the front is in pretty disgraceful condition for a $100 premium. If you told me that for effect they rolled the slipbox face down in cat litter then I might belief you - top to bottom scratches going across the entire width, with the top left being the worst. It's a shame on such an otherwise perfect edition.

It's not something that I feel merits more than a cranky post, and once I put it in the protector they thankfully became much less noticeable. But overall pretty embarrassing lenti condition doesn't seem like an outlier for Blufans. In fairness to them, though, I couldn't see any of the scratches through the factory seal. So, if they had gotten the manufactured set back sealed from a supplier then it would have probably flown through any inspection without issue. I think the moral of the story is that they should make use of protective coverings on the lentis. Doesn't weet now use them?

But other than that it's really an amazing set.

Reactions: WKRP
One thing I have to say about Blufans is that as great as their editions are and the amazing depth they consistently get to their lentis, from my anecdotal experience the lentis always seems to arrive with a lot more more scuffs and scratches than either weet and ML. In particular, on my BB edition the front is in pretty disgraceful condition for a $100 premium. If you told me that for effect they rolled the slipbox face down in cat litter then I might belief you - top to bottom scratches going across the entire width, with the top left being the worst. It's a shame on such an otherwise perfect edition.

It's not something that I feel merits more than a cranky post, and once I put it in the protector they thankfully became much less noticeable. But overall pretty embarrassing lenti condition doesn't seem like an outlier for Blufans. In fairness to them, though, I couldn't see any of the scratches through the factory seal. So, if they had gotten the manufactured set back sealed from a supplier then it would have probably flown through any inspection without issue. I think the moral of the story is that they should make use of protective coverings on the lentis. Doesn't weet now use them?

I got three small scratches on the front of my steelbook first time this has happened too me for a blufans steelbook

Yep, I love it but mine has quite a few imperfections. Misaligned lenticular, scuffs and scratches on lenticular, and a chip on the front of the steelbook.

Yep, I love it but mine has quite a few imperfections. Misaligned lenticular, scuffs and scratches on lenticular, and a chip on the front of the steelbook.
Without having seen the imperfections, that sounds a lot like my Dark Knight (misaligned lenticular, spine scratches/slashes, and scratches on lenticular - there were fewer than on my BB but all were really deep and visible, even when it was in the protector), and it was enough for wreck to get me a replacement.

Without having seen the imperfections, that sounds a lot like my Dark Knight (misaligned lenticular, spine scratches/slashes, and scratches on lenticular - there were fewer than on my BB but all were really deep and visible, even when it was in the protector), and it was enough for wreck to get me a replacement.

Thank you.

I did message Wreck earlier in the week and am happy to wait for his response. I only noticed the steelbook issue this morning when I opened it up.

Reactions: JGCramp

Here are some pictures. Similar to your TDK?

Cheers

C394C41F-2508-44C7-8B98-E90F1FEA4A3F.jpg9190F179-69D5-45F2-97C0-914AE2A05E6A.jpgEBE3E143-4A5B-46D2-9352-A9D4C9534DDF.jpg025F2D35-3DB3-40E1-94BB-D306F7BD5CFF.jpg5D2BF97C-7B92-4AA1-8AC6-7AE417A9C415.jpg63E0BABC-CC99-43DE-863B-6D79FBE48C9C.jpg5B80DD93-BDB9-4E45-B97E-421F127FD4C6.jpg2EBC7E72-32FC-479B-B963-93B0F2B0F2E1.jpg06B09F7B-2F79-4F5F-860A-DA76D4F5C946.jpg

Here are some pictures. Similar to your TDK?

Cheers
It’s hard to directly compare from the pics, but I can see some similarities. That sure looks like quite a few chips. The front lenti of my Dark Knight was so misaligned that it was hanging of the edge of the slipbox. Looks like your BB might be similar. I don’t blame you for reaching out to wreck.

Here’s a few pics of some of my BB lenti scratches.

384BF417-13E9-4246-8FE8-BEFBEC99346E.jpeg

EFB4D315-D5F4-44E4-A82D-4BB425096868.jpeg

It’s hard to directly compare from the pics, but I can see some similarities. That sure looks like quite a few chips. The front lenti of my Dark Knight was so misaligned that it was hanging of the edge of the slipbox. Looks like your BB might be similar. I don’t blame you for reaching out to wreck.

Here’s a few pics of some of my BB lenti scratches.

View attachment 543546
View attachment 543547

Many thanks. It is good to know I am not being overly picky. I will reach out to Wreck again in a few days.

Cheers

My OC finally arrived today (got here quite quick after it finally left China). DL slip and steelbook are very nice, rest of the set a bit meh (the box especially would have looked loads better with a gloss finish than the matte one it has

HDZ set still the best

My OC finally arrived today (got here quite quick after it finally left China). DL slip and steelbook are very nice, rest of the set a bit meh (the box especially would have looked loads better with a gloss finish than the matte one it has

HDZ set still the best
cool story bro :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83

HDZ set still the best

I agree, the only winner here is the Steelbook, and DL is very nice, but HDzeta OC and slips are overall better, more wow effect, and what really makes difference for me is the Bat logo through the title missing here on spines, that´s what I like on zeta´s slips....and ofc they are thicker as usual :cigar::coffee:

Reactions: tommyh84
Unfortunately, my copy also has some flaws :-/

View attachment 543560
Geez, a dent in your steelbook. I try not to be too picky because like @tha_lunatic said there is an expectation of things like really scuffed lenticulars. But there is no way I would be willing to keep a dented steelbook! Not for the prices they charge.

Hope you can get a replacement.

Reactions: Vincent_vega84
Geez, a dent in your steelbook. I try not to be too picky because like @tha_lunatic said there is an expectation of things like really scuffed lenticulars. But there is no way I would be willing to keep a dented steelbook! Not for the prices they charge.

Hope you can get a replacement.
Absolutely, for this price this is not acceptable. I have already written to Wreck but am still waiting for a reply.