Batman Begins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 53) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on January 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D+Flip Lenticuar (Front), 3D Lenticular (Back) Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman_begins_BOX_packshot_OC_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBB_Batman_beginsA_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_DLSB_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
motherbox is def better quality than their OC boxes

and pretty sure even when i dont buy a third OC for this movie, that Mantas OC box will be much better than HDZetas
Do not agree. There's nothing wrong with HDZ Gold OC boxes. Quality feel, construction, good lenticulars. Can't fault them. Manta's are essentially exactly the same, minus the lenti.

The motherbox itself is good quality, except it's massive. The inserts are sh!t though. The fibre foam surrounds are corse and feel cheap, topped with a thin bit of black card to disguise it.

Do not agree. There's nothing wrong with HDZ Gold OC boxes. Quality feel, construction, good lenticulars. Can't fault them.
No finish except some letters and the WB / DC logo with spotgloss, backside art completely without finish. Lentis arent very good either (product of their time).
Manta's are essentially exactly the same, minus the lenti.
Only judgeing from the text info on Mantas page, they will have a better finish: "Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing"
and tbh thats not hard, Zetas are pretty blunt as mentioned above
The motherbox itself is good quality, except it's massive.

The inserts are sh!t though. The fibre foam surrounds are corse and feel cheap, topped with a thin bit of black card to disguise it.
yeah the insert is sh1t, I agree with that. But the finish is much better since they used hotfoil, holofoil, spot gloss and spott matte on the Motherbox, hence why I said the MB is better than the OC boxes. Has thicker cardboard too

No finish except some letters and the WB / DC logo with spotgloss, backside art completely without finish. Lentis arent very good either (product of their time).

Only judgeing from the text info on Mantas page, they will have a better finish: "Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing"
and tbh thats not hard, Zetas are pretty blunt as mentioned above

yeah the insert is sh1t, I agree with that. But the finish is much better since they used hotfoil, holofoil, spot gloss and spott matte on the Motherbox, hence why I said the MB is better than the OC boxes. Has thicker cardboard too
There isn't a finish on the OC, true. They've got a lenti on the front though (which were fine in their time, and are better than some of manta's tbf), which was also the standard for lots of HDZ SL slips then too. Blufans are similar with SL/FS still.

You can't fairly compare a 2024 OC to these, particularly non lenti manta OCs. I don't have any complaints for what they are.

The motherbox finish is good, the holo etc.. is a nice touch. I barely see the top though, as mines kept open to view the OCs. So all I'm reminded of is the dire insert, it's always left a bad taste in my mouth. There should've been fixed velvet slots imo.

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I know it was a jest, but I bloody hope they don't. I've spent far too much on the hdz lotr as it is. Stupidly priced for a retail set.
i think it was due to the leather one-click boxes, which i do appreciate a lot, but most ppl try to shift them on ebay for like 25 bucks each lol... i would guess they contributed roughly 75€ cost to each box..

i think it was due to the leather one-click boxes, which i do appreciate a lot, but most ppl try to shift them on ebay for like 25 bucks each lol... i would guess they contributed roughly 75€ cost to each box..
Yeah, I suspect the leather had a lot to do with it too. Wouldn't surprise me if the licensing was more expensive than usual as well, due to the tolkien estate taking their cut of all distribution.

I do actually really like the leather also. I'd originally planned to split and just keep the lentis, but I liked to boxes so much I had to keep them. FOTR isn't bound as well, or embossed as prominently, otherwise very impressive boxes.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Guessing this will be around $45 shipping to NL, making it about $225 for the OC.

Rip wallet.

Is it easy to just order directly from them? Will be my first time.

Last edited:
Was asking it in the sense that I don't understand why people would organise Group Buys when you can just buy directly from them as they ship anywhere in the world. The one thing I can think of is the guarantee of a copy as Manta Lab may reserve bigger batches up front for specific Group Buy contacts?

Was asking it in the sense that I don't understand why people would organise Group Buys when you can just buy directly from them as they ship anywhere in the world. The one thing I can think of is the guarantee of a copy as Manta Lab may reserve bigger batches up front for specific Group Buy contacts?
The GB are always open before going on sale on the websites (Manta, Weet, etc.), if you try your luck directly and fail (probable depending on the film), Ebay and its prices will remain...

Reactions: Zelos
It's often easier to go via a GB rather than risk the fight when going direct.
So for only a fiver or so more, it's peace of mind.

Plus what Ariba said about the GB often going up before the direct preorders, so gives multiple chances and options

Reactions: ariba266 and Zelos