Release date: June 24, 2013
Price: £12.59
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive always been a fan of the white artwork, but there was no way Id pay the prices involved to import them let alone the prices on the secondary market, and in the meantime Ive bought the German steelbook set so its now down to weather I want to start double dipping on films, or concentrate on new releases and nice editions of things I dont already own.

....hmmm decisions decisions

As far as the uproar and fist waving of re releases with the same artwork, its something Ive grown to accept as inevitable, I may not like it but as a steelbook collector I think its something you need to accept

Guys this has been inevitable ever since the Warner premium steels were release over here, so its no shock to me. I do however feel for the people who paid a lot of money for the Japanese ones. All this importing we do to get something special is being taken away from us by greedy company's but that's business, they'll always milk it if they can.

I don't understand why there's laziness in the art though - if they re-release the same one, most of those that own the JP steel won't buy it because it's the same. If they give it new artwork however, they probably will buy it to add to their Batman collection. It doesn't make sense to keep reusing the same artwork and restrict your target market.

Reactions: megabee
really want this and the dark knight, but along with everything else being released on this date i'll have to pass or wait for a price drop. hoping other retailers start listing it so we can get a price match war going ;)

Ive always been a fan of the white artwork, but there was no way Id pay the prices involved to import them let alone the prices on the secondary market, and in the meantime Ive bought the German steelbook set so its now down to weather I want to start double dipping on films, or concentrate on new releases and nice editions of things I dont already own.

....hmmm decisions decisions

As far as the uproar and fist waving of re releases with the same artwork, its something Ive grown to accept as inevitable, I may not like it but as a steelbook collector I think its something you need to accept

Guys this has been inevitable ever since the Warner premium steels were release over here, so its no shock to me. I do however feel for the people who paid a lot of money for the Japanese ones. All this importing we do to get something special is being taken away from us by greedy company's but that's business, they'll always milk it if they can.

agree with both of you for the inevitability of re-releasing,
BUT they shouldnt destroy the concept of collecting by doing exactly the same artwork (regardless if its gonna be gloss or not embossed or debossed slipcover or no slipcover)
the can make a release of their own

bob i completely get your point about not wanting to have multiples of the same title because they are from different country.
but a lot of people like myself, want to be the dream collectors, owning one of each.

Reactions: Scottyrnumber
So pleased the dark knight & this are getting UK steel.
I have the dark knight rises steelbook, so these complete the set and will look much better than having two amarays.

I don't understand why there's laziness in the art though - if they re-release the same one, most of those that own the JP steel won't buy it because it's the same. If they give it new artwork however, they probably will buy it to add to their Batman collection. It doesn't make sense to keep reusing the same artwork and restrict your target market.

its a valid point and you think thats what they'd do. But they probably know this artwork sells. So if it aint broke dont fix it. Plus they obviously lazy sods who r to busy counting there money!! ;)

To me, it doesn't make sense to re-release the same bunch of movies again and again.
You put it in a steel, slap "limited/collector's" edition and then the movie companies watch the money flow as collectors like us throw our wallets at a preorder to secure a copy without having to pay a fortune on sites like ebay...

2 of these where never got a uk release.

preordered for the time being not sure what to do as I really like the German trilogy box set

personally i have ZERO sympathy for people who import a steelbook, for it to then become available in another region(or something that looks strikingly similar) It's not like you were forced or tricked into buying it. they're never billed as 'only available here, never to be released in other countries' it's a bit naive to purchase a steelbook thinking it'll never be released anywhere else in the world in some form. as mr scotty here said the warner wave released earlier was a bit of a give away, that these were probably coming.
you made the decision to pay a premium price for a product knowing full well there was no guarantee other countries wouldn't get the same thing.

I very rarely import steelbooks (literally done it 3-4 times) cause i suspect this kinda thing will happen as more often then not it does + cost is far too much to import. thats probably the most logical approach to steelbook collecting. If you're going to import you need to accept the fact that it may eventually get released in other countries. if you cant accept that it's your own fault.

i dont see a problem with introducing steelbooks previously released in other countries into new territories. rereleasing a steelbook in the same country (eg dark knight rises) is a completely different story. but nows not the time for that.

not aimed at anyone in particular just ALL the people who import then moan about other regions getting a similar steelbook

Last edited:
They're not re-releases if they are in a different country.
Every country gets their own Amaray.
UK have never had these (minus Rises and the jumbo box)
I'm sure there are a lot of collectors (like me) and more casual collectors that don't buy outside their country.
Unless a retailer says worldwide exclusives then you're wrong to expect no other countries to make them just cos they're not released at the same time.
That may not be ideal for you but that's how it is and has been for some time.
We would all like to say we have rare limited to 100 worldwide perfect steelbooks but that's just not how it is.