Batman Begins (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live at around 11 PM for Red Carpet Subscribers and 12 PM General Sale UK Time)
Price: £16.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Film - Disc 2 Extras)

10794331-1364745876303097.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Felix_ro
@paulboland
So the steelbook is the same as 2013, but just the bonus disc is extra?
Thanks
Same steelbook as 2013 in terms of artwork
I don't know if the finish will be the same

Second disc I don't have details

Zavvi list this and all the other Nolan Films getting steelbook re-releases as 2 discs

It's possible could be a mistake listing 2 discs for Batman Begins or Warner have decided to repress film on 1 disc and extras on a second disc
Warner did this for Matrix films

I read a post on steelbookpro that there will be a re-release wave of Nolan movies, to lead up to Tenet.
Movies involved would be:
  • Le Prestige
  • Inception
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Interstellar
  • Dunkerque
These are obviously just reprints of the previous UK releases as there is no Memento steelbook mentioned (that never got a UK Steelbook release) so they're not new designs.

These Nolan films steelbook re-releases are a shared print run in Europe

Other countries will be selling these at some stage

4K amaray release is 3 discs

This steelbook is a Blu-ray release 2 discs
Warner repressed the discs recently
Film on Disc 1
Extras separately on Disc 2

Just a reminder of the original U.K. version. This could turn out the same. It’s a metallic shine with like a satin gloss. But it makes batman slightly hard to see with the gold metallic finish. The original 3 were a mess in terms of finish. This was metallic satin gloss, dark knight was streaky matte and Rises was a satin gloss (it had the best finish of the 3)

57EAF9A8-92BF-4CCD-B9C8-E468589D720E.jpeg

551CFEC2-913A-414B-8963-73AE9FC94804.jpeg

8777E8CD-3207-4012-BAF5-3589ABF84938.jpeg

86A0CF42-DA7C-41D9-B372-E8CE577F7ABF.jpeg

Just a reminder of the original U.K. version. This could turn out the same. It’s a metallic shine with like a satin gloss. But it makes batman slightly hard to see with the gold metallic finish. The original 3 were a mess in terms of finish. This was metallic satin gloss, dark knight was streaky matte and Rises was a satin gloss (it had the best finish of the 3)

View attachment 475244

well damn I hope it's different from this because it looks terrible.

hopefully they give more info later before release so I have time to cancel

Reactions: Flloydo
Damn, I missed this. Damn. I could have sold my HDZ OCs of the Trilogy and clawed back all that shelf space by getting rid of that mother box. Probably had some spare change. Oh well, first world problems. :naughty:

Feel this sold out rather quickly... in 2 hours...? Anyways, by the time they do Dark Knight it will not have matching art... so what's the point. :D

Thought this was another case of Zavvi finding more stock down the back of the sofa when I saw them post it on IG. Been meaning to sell my copies of the previous steel releases with similar art... guess there won't be much interest now though lol.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy