May 30, 2014
Release date: September 24, 2015
Purchase link:
Amazon DE
Pretz Media (no international shipping)
Price: €14.99 (Pretz) - €17.20 (Amazon)

Kampfstern-Galatica-Der-Pilotfilm-Steelbook-DE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Yes, Yes this makes me so happy - absolute definite purchase - huge fan of the original Battlestar growing up but never dreamed we see a steelbook :)

Would love a series of 'classic' sci-fi - Buck Roger and The Black Hole would be perfect

Yes, Yes, Yes this makes me so happy - absolute definite purchase - huge fan of the original Battlestar growing up but never dreamed we see a steelbook :)

Would love a series of 'classic' sci-fi - Buck Roger and The Black Hole would be perfect

plus Flash Gordon

Reactions: Lordpercy
Ah the classic Battlestar Galactica, an interesting release, the last time I watched this was in the 90's, I wonder which feature length movie this is, there are 3 listed on wiki.

Ah the classic Battlestar Galactica, an interesting release, the last time I watched this was in the 90's, I wonder which feature length movie this is, there are 3 listed on wiki.

It looks like this is the original tv movies, made out of the first 2 or 3 episode of the TV series

(This is off the tip of my head so please any mistakes that old age and dwindling memory may cause) There was also 'Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack' which was an extended version of the episodes featuring the return of the Pegasus and the legendary Commander Cain and then there was 'Conquest of Earth' which again was created out of the best parts of the early episode of the Galactic 80 series (mainly The Night the Cylons Landed - I think)

If they made the steelbooks, I'd buy all 3!

Reactions: steelbobawny
It looks like this is the original tv movies, made out of the first 2 or 3 episode of the TV series

(This is off the tip of my head so please any mistakes that old age and dwindling memory may cause) There was also 'Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack' which was an extended version of the episodes featuring the return of the Pegasus and the legendary Commander Cain and then there was 'Conquest of Earth' which again was created out of the best parts of the early episode of the Galactic 80 series (mainly The Night the Cylons Landed - I think)

If they made the steelbooks, I'd buy all 3!

Yes that's right :) the movies come from the TV series (original series and Galactica 80), the first three episodes from the pilot were used to make the first movie from what I have read, the tv pilot was titled "Saga of a Star World", the edited movie version has some differences and is simply named "Battlestar Galactica".

The three movies had a cinema release, according to wiki, when mentioning the first movie they say "It was released in cinemas in Canada, Australia and continental Europe before its American TV premiere and, in 1979, it was released theatrically in the UK and US".

If you look at the wiki episode list, you will find detailed information on all of this. :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lordpercy