Beauty and the Beast (1991) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 3, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on Febuary 2 at 9 AM Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12800095-1654835512398915.jpg
12800095-1244835515544601.jpg 12800095-2094833975030009.jpg 12800095-1964833974996862.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek and Robles
If these are a decent price ill be picking them up.
Like the art on this.

If this has the same intricate embossing and spot gloss finish on the front like the US version, I'll get it. If it doesn't and it's flat, then I'll pass.

The steel design is essentially a cartoon version of the original steel for the live action BATB. Much the same as the 4k steel for the original Lion King was essentially the same design as the live action Lion King steel.

As for the rest of this wave of 4, already got the US 4K Moana steel and I'm not impressed by the 4K animated Mulan steel.. all over The Little Mermaid 4K steel though, so much better than the original zavvi one imo.

OMG thats gorgeous....am tempted to get it purely for the artwork (have no interest in 4K, tried it, dont like the HDR colours) But that steel, with the right 'bossing could be perfection
If its the same as the US release it's very intricately embossed and debossed all over the front centre section and the rose. That section was also glossed, with all the silver lines on the front spot glossed too. Back is also completely glossed. I'll be up for it if we have the same, won't be if its flat.

The 'stained glass' look is like Marmite to many people and if not executed well enough it may look awful. I'm not generally a fan of stained glass designs but the simplicity of this art is quite decent coupled with its finish. This looks much nicer in the video than it does in the mock up (obviously, which some still don't get) but it just feels a bit boring overall. I wouldn't say it's particularly bad but it is nothing to shout about either. A title would have been nice but that would take away from the whole 'stained glass' idea effect I supppose.

This kinda reminds me of the boondock saints mondo steel. But that one is better

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExorzist
^^ I'm actually quite partial to the zavvi HULK 4k steel. As far as illustrated steels go, it's nice. Especially with the die cut slip. I wouldn't have paid rrp, but at less than £17 it was a good buy!

Anyway, back on point.. if this BATB steel has the same finish as the US, I'm totally down for it :D