Beauty and the Beast (1991) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 3, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on Febuary 2 at 9 AM Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12800095-1654835512398915.jpg
12800095-1244835515544601.jpg 12800095-2094833975030009.jpg 12800095-1964833974996862.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek and Robles
£14.99 on HMV vs £27.99 on Zavvi, I'd rather go with HMV. The code did not work for me, and even if the code did work, it would not be worth it. I also prefer the artwork on the standard edition as well (IMO).

£14.99 on HMV vs £27.99 on Zavvi, I'd rather go with HMV. The code did not work for me, and even if the code did work, it would not be worth it. I also prefer the artwork on the standard edition as well (IMO).
That's not exactly unusual, Steelbooks always come at a premium vs an amaray lol

Interested to see how this one turns out. It's been reported that this and moana are flat and matte, if that's the case I've dodged a bullet cancelling my preorder.

Has your's turned up yet? Is it spot gloss or just matte? I've seen from IG pictures the centre is debossed, but I can't really tell the state of the paint finish.
Yes, it arrived on Saturday. The centre is debossed, like you say, but I can't see any spot gloss. It just looks all matte to me. The lines at the top and bottom do appear 'shinier' as they are a light grey / silver in colour, which then darken towards the middle, but it doesn't look as if spot gloss has been used to create that effect.

Reactions: Felix_ro
Yes, it arrived on Saturday. The centre is debossed, like you say, but I can't see any spot gloss. It just looks all matte to me. The lines at the top and bottom do appear 'shinier' as they are a light grey / silver in colour, which then darken towards the middle, but it doesn't look as if spot gloss has been used to create that effect.
Yeah that's what I thought. The silver lines on the the front are essentially just bare metal creating a metallic effect. The centre, the lines on the front and the entirety of the rear is glossed on the US version - shame.

Likely means this whole wave is matte then, which is unfortunate. I'm skipping mulan and moana anyway, little mermaid really could've used gloss though. Nevermind I guess, the previous UK release was matte for that one too.

Reactions: Felix_ro
Yeah that's what I thought. The silver lines on the the front are essentially just bare metal creating a metallic effect. The centre, the lines on the front and the entirety of the rear is glossed on the US version - shame.

Likely means this whole wave is matte then, which is unfortunate. I'm skipping mulan and moana anyway, little mermaid really could've used gloss though. Nevermind I guess, the previous UK release was matte for that one too.
The Little Mermaid? Yes, it was (for a moment there I thought you were referring to Beauty and the Beast, which was full gloss).

The Little Mermaid? Yes, it was (for a moment there I thought you were referring to Beauty and the Beast, which was full gloss).
Yes I meant the little mermaid, talking about the previous UK release being matte also. Classic theatrical poster and embossed title :thumbs: Matte finish and no rear or inside art (n)

Reactions: Doctor