Beauty and the Beast (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #30) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase link: Beauty and the Beast 3D (sold-out)
Price: £20.99

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10999702-1411132958-202737.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202778.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202839.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202847.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to this comment about Pocahontas - The title HAS to be half embossed for this particular style of em/debossing.
Her hair flows outside of the border, which is embossed so if you were to have the whole title embossed her hair would have to be debossed up until it met the border.
THAT would be a mess.
Yes I know, but that still looks ugly to me. Maybe they should have tried embossing it in a different way or just keep it without embossing at all.

• Informative
Reactions: vampire75
I love the steel! I think that using the Diamond Edition artwork was a great choice. Very nice and classy with the rose image on the back. Great way to finish up this collection!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
According to the spanish site "mubis", "zavvi spain has told us that the pre-order will be live on Sunday at 13:00h (12h UK time), it is a 4.000 print run edition and there will be a 15% discount on another disney steelbook if bought altogether".

Let's see if this information is correct, it seems that lately they have good contacts with zavvi.

Doesn't matter if it matters or not, it's just my opinion. ;) My point was, that even if embossing half the title was necessary, it doesn't make it look any less ugly in my opinion.

Technically all of the title is embossed, so all of this is irrelevant :p

Reactions: Skog
According to the spanish site "mubis", "zavvi spain has told us that the pre-order will be live on Sunday at 13:00h (12h UK time), it is a 4.000 print run edition and there will be a 15% discount on another disney steelbook if bought altogether".

Let's see if this information is correct, it seems that lately they have good contacts with zavvi.

15% discount confirmed, applicable to all in stock Steelbooks in The Disney Collection (including the most recent, Pocahontas and The Rescuers):

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/the-disney-steelbook-collection/15-off-disney-in-stock.list

Another thing to note is that discount code VCUK6 is still working for £6 off a £60 spend and works on all of these Disney titles. Hopefully it will still be working tomorrow and will stack with the 15% discount, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Looks awesome and a must and the news of that we might possible get the likes of Sword in the Stone and the Princess and the Frog n steel in 2015 is very exciting.

Zavvi/Disney decided to seal the Disney collection with some appropriately mediocre artwork. In many ways it's a relief that this collection takes a break. If it's not an artwork issue, it's paint defects or misaligned embossing. At least now my fellow Ninjas won't have to deal with my rants for another 30 releases!

Zavvi/Disney decided to seal the Disney collection with some appropriately mediocre artwork. In many ways it's a relief that this collection takes a break. If it's not an artwork issue, it's paint defects or misaligned embossing. At least now my fellow Ninjas won't have to deal with my rants for another 30 releases!

Which artwork are you seeing my friend? Cos im seeing some of the best artwork they could have used. I love it. Cant wait to get my order in.

stevie-wonder.jpg

Also the quality of recent Disney releases is higher than the majority of steelbooks in general so I doubt we've seen the end of your rants. ;)

Reactions: Kizza
Although some good films were missing I was kinda glad the collection was ending it's an expensive lot. A lot of people were happy with having the set and now it looks like it's just going to keep going and going :(

The longer it goes the weaker the film release. We have already had a few weak ones.

Which artwork are you seeing my friend? Cos im seeing some of the best artwork they could have used. I love it. Cant wait to get my order in.
I have to admit I made the comment before I got a chance to take a good look at the back artwork (which is pretty nice and true to the film). But I mean, what's going on with all that fairy dust all the time? It feels like some of those covers were made by people who just read the Disney Company's press releases instead of watching the films. The image on its own is ok in the sense that it's a nice drawing, but I'm not the only one here who hoped for something a little bit different.

Reactions: lgans316