Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sat 10/24 6pm UK time)
Price: £15.99

11182337-1234334249054724.jpg

11182337-9024334249068821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked this movie. It's strange that Amazon UK is listing it after the partnership Zavvi's had with Disney. But, if I remember correctly, Amazon listed Finding Nemo or one of those early Zavvi Disney steels for preorder at one point. They ended up canceling those orders I believe.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Zavvi exclusives get listed by third party sellers regularly and its most likely the same person who submits these listings

When it's a Pre Order it gets listed as Amazon as the seller even though it's really a third party seller
These pre orders end up getting cancelled when Amazon realise stock is not going to be provided before release date as they are a exclusive with another retailer

These listings then get listed as not available quickly or just before release date all pre orders get cancelled and only after release date they are allowed sell an exclusive from another retailer and will be from third party sellers

Amazon should not be allowing any listings of pre orders by any third party sellers when it's an exclusive with another retailer
They are not allowed do pre orders of another retailer exclusive
They are allowed after release date list third party sellers stock for sale

Whoever this person is needs to stop submitting these releases that are pre order orders from another retailer
It's not right and also not fair on customers who pre order as their orders will get cancelled

I assume this will be Zavvi with Saving Mr Banks also down for a November 9th release - live same day, or at least same weekend?

Controversial listing by Amazon.co.uk, seeing as how Zavvi have been the exclusive stockist of Disney SteelBooks in the UK. Clearly somebody is using Amazon as a gateway to leak information before Zavvi have had a chance to make it known.

Has anyone just emailed Amazon to ask them about this??

After seeing your plea X2 I've just dropped Amazon a message which reads:-

"Dear Sir or Madam,
RE: BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS (BD STEELBOOK) ASIN: B015Z1IIF3W
Please be good enough to confirm the position of the above item as I am under the impression that this is another retailer's exclusive steelbook and therefore should not be listed on your site.
Yours faithfully.
- - - - -

When / if I get a reply I'll naturally post the contents here.

Reactions: Flash
After seeing your plea X2 I've just dropped Amazon a message which reads:-

"Dear Sir or Madam,
RE: BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS (BD STEELBOOK) ASIN: B015Z1IIF3W
Please be good enough to confirm the position of the above item as I am under the impression that this is another retailer's exclusive steelbook and therefore should not be listed on your site.
Yours faithfully.
- - - - -

When / if I get a reply I'll naturally post the contents here.

Thank you, I do find it strange zavvi having all the Disney ones but you never know :)

We wont know for sure until Zavvi announce the Steelbook until then the Amazon listing is valid
If Zavvi then announce the steelbook as a Zavvi exclusive only then is the amazon listing a mistake as a pre order

It is most likely it will be a Zavvi exclusive but at the moment Zavvi have not listed for sale so it is not 100% confirmed a Zavvi exclusive yet

It might of course be a change of how Disney are selling the Disney steelbooks but I doubt it but in saying that it is still possible
The listing though with BD Steelbook in the title is the same type of listing that were Zavvi exclusives previously so going by that at the moment I would say it will be

Further to my enquiry to Amazon about their listing for this steelbook please find below the reply.

"I have taken a look at ASIN B015Z1IF3W and can see that the item is being listed for sale on the Amazon website by Amazon themselves.

The item is not yet available but buyers can pre-order the item. This happens a lot not only with Amazon but other sellers.

If you want to list an item you can set a future start selling date. So the listing will not disappear when it becomes available.

Those buyers who pre-order will get their orders and if there's still stock available it will be made available on the website . . .

Make of it what you will but I consider it a bit of a waste of space as it doesn't really address my questions although I suppose they don't really know the situation themselves and have just sent me a Zavvi-style stock reply particularly because they sent the message to "Dear Seller . . ."

Reactions: McLarenSteel
Further to my enquiry to Amazon about their listing for this steelbook please find below the reply.

"I have taken a look at ASIN B015Z1IF3W and can see that the item is being listed for sale on the Amazon website by Amazon themselves.

The item is not yet available but buyers can pre-order the item. This happens a lot not only with Amazon but other sellers.

If you want to list an item you can set a future start selling date. So the listing will not disappear when it becomes available.

Those buyers who pre-order will get their orders and if there's still stock available it will be made available on the website . . .

Make of it what you will but I consider it a bit of a waste of space as it doesn't really address my questions although I suppose they don't really know the situation themselves and have just sent me a Zavvi-style stock reply particularly because they sent the message to "Dear Seller . . ."
Thanks for trying anyway

Afraid that the chances are that this will be a Zavvi exclusive and that there's little point in expecting a copy from Amazon and, yes, it would be v. nice to get it at that price (GBP 12.54) because you can bet your bottom dollar that when it shows as a Zavvi exclusive it'll be priced more likely at GBP 16.99 / 19.99.

Reactions: Flash