Best Premium Steelbook company

Nov 25, 2020
Sorry if there is a better place to post, can't seem to find one.

Who do you all think makes the best premium sets.

Like overall, slip, steel, or does one company have the best of everything?

Sorry if there is a better place to post, can't seem to find one.

Who do you all think makes the best premium sets.

Like overall, slip, steel, or does one company have the best of everything?
Manta overall. Weet for full slips. Blufans are great but some of their slips are hit and miss for me.

Last edited:
Definitely Mondo for best sole steelbook company not including all the fancy pants stuff

My Marvel Infinity War is gorgeous and the premium disc art brings tears to my eyes. I do pray Mondo does Quiet Place 2 as I would love its designer art over the average looking WWA steel.

Manta if you've gotta have like character cards but what do you do with those? I only hang steelbooks on my walls and the few cards I have on display are from LRG.

Best Steelbooks come from Blufans
Best Slips probably come from WeET
Best of both worlds and the best overall Manta Lab easily
Ok as you bring up Blufans. You know their Alita. Is that steelbook nicer than other ones with the same art? Cos the slip is only ok (and mine got spine crushed grr) but I paid £90 and I'm feeling like I way overpaid if the steelbook is the exact same as everywhere. Cex have it for way cheaper, secondhand I know but still.

manta lab is my fav.
Ok as you bring up Blufans. You know their Alita. Is that steelbook nicer than other ones with the same art? Cos the slip is only ok (and mine got spine crushed grr) but I paid £90 and I'm feeling like I way overpaid if the steelbook is the exact same as everywhere. Cex have it for way cheaper, secondhand I know but still.
because Alita is an OAB release

exclusive: WEA
OAB: WWA

manta lab is my fav. they have the best overall package and their one click boxes are unique.

#2 blufans
#3 weet (would like to see a non-superhero movie from them)

am i right @DMD4k ? do you agree as in our whatsapp convo yesterday :naughty:

Personally I think they all have pros and cons. Things that are great don’t last etc etc

Times blufans were incredible but they change a lot of aspects of their slips a lot since the start and keep continuing to. Just little things. Then they can be inconsistent on full slip finishes and they had a a rough patch on lentis a few years back for infinity war, black panther and coco.

Weet are pretty good all rounder but some steels are too metallically with finishes etc.

Manta are one of my favourites along with the 2 above but they again had a rough patches with some lentis (OUATIH, BoP). I think some lentis recently have been either a bit too dark or the steel again like Weet can have a lot of Metallic showing the rough the paint job etc. When they go to town on a full slips they can be one of the best but things like joker, batman And star is born are underwhelming. I also get a little annoyed at the whole screen shot on the back of single lentis. I wish they didn’t do that

Kimchi blu collection used to be my favourite too. Some incredible releases but some later steels were matte which annoyed me

The On are okayish but something about their slips really annoy me. Their steels are great though.

PA again when they can be bothered absolutely smash it

Same for nova but their releases recently imo have been poor. Would love them to bounce back

So yeah all have pros and cons. All have had their peak performances and all have had issues. Most have improved, sometimes they go backwards but over all I love them all. But yeah manta and blufans are my favs. PA and Weet after. Blu collection used to be incredible

Edit: Zeta too. They can make some incredible packages, slips, lentis and steels (I forget I have 20 in my collection LOL) but the whole website issue/ lack of communication/ only GBs etc annoys the f**k out of me. And yeah okay blufans are the same but they are a bit better with the info/ GB side of tings

Personally I think they all have pros and cons. Things that are great don’t last etc etc

Times blufans were incredible but they change a lot of aspects of their slips a lot since the start and keep continuing to. Just little things. Then they can be inconsistent on full slip finishes and they had a a rough patch on lentis a few years back for infinity war, black panther and coco.

Weet are pretty good all rounder but some steels are too metallically with finishes etc.

Manta are one of my favourites along with the 2 above but they again had a rough patches with some lentis (OUATIH, BoP). I think some lentis recently have been either a bit too dark or the steel again like Weet can have a lot of Metallic showing the rough the paint job etc. When they go to town on a full slips they can be one of the best but things like joker, batman And star is born are underwhelming. I also get a little annoyed at the whole screen shot on the back of single lentis. I wish they didn’t do that

Kimchi blu collection used to be my favourite too. Some incredible releases but some later steels were matte which annoyed me

The On are okayish but something about their slips really annoy me. Their steels are great though.

PA again when they can be bothered absolutely smash it

Same for nova but their releases recently imo have been poor. Would love them to bounce back

So yeah all have pros and cons. All have had their peak performances and all have had issues. Most have improved, sometimes they go backwards but over all I love them all. But yeah manta and blufans are my favs. PA and Weet after. Blu collection used to be incredible
Kimchi blu collection were so good back in the day.

Nobody mentioned HDzeta yet :wow: to me best on lentis together with Blufans and their steels are also top notch as well their beefy slips.

Just wait for their Lotr gold incoming, they will smash all other retailers with this like a buzz on windshield :cigar::coffee:

Nobody mentioned HDzeta yet :wow: to me best on lentis together with Blufans and their steels are also top notch as well their beefy slips.

Just wait for their Lotr gold incoming, they will smash all other retailers with this like a buzz on windshield :cigar::coffee:
because you can buy their releases only through psycho scalpers or through facebook and their site sucks big time. we are almost in the year 2023 and they still have no paypal option :rolleyes: same for filmarena!
but yeah, their lentis are awesone and im glad they are finally back in the de/embossing game... their 300 steelbook is one of the best :drool:
lotr will be a holy grail and i cant wait to get all my 3 one clicks.

btw: @Hereticz mentioned THAT company...
donald-sutherland-pod.gif

ban him :naughty: