Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Price: £24.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
does any actually know the release date of this yet as i have been seeing people saying the 15th and 16th april i ment people who are selling these but i thought a release date had not been set yet any help on this matter

I hope it is May. I'm moving mid June and since I can't change my address at Zavvi I'd have to cancel it (which I really don't want to do) if it releases later than the 14th of June.

Honestly, I wouldn't. Amazon has always been a complete crapshoot for me, with most arriving damaged. Sure, Amazon's CS is second to none and you'll get a refund, but then you'll end up being steel-less if it sells out and forced to pay more for it on eBay.

Zavvi, despite their packaging not being completely bomb proof/collector grade, are handled much better, in my experience and usually arrive in perfect condition (besides the odd spine slash, which I'm convinced happens somewhere between the Scanavo -> packaging phase since I've had that problem with every distributor so far...).

I actually avoid Amazon every chance I get because of their poor handling and unreliable packaging.
Yes, it's true about Amazon - for some reason (poor handling practices?) I have had to return more steelbooks to them than to Zavvi because more often than not the damage appears to have been caused BEFORE the steelbook was even sent (the package that it came in is undamaged). However their customer service is unequalled and it's no problem requesting a replacement - which is sent even before the damaged one is returned - or a refund.

I hope it is May. I'm moving mid June and since I can't change my address at Zavvi I'd have to cancel it (which I really don't want to do) if it releases later than the 14th of June.
Don't cancel. Write to them explaining the situation and request them to change your address as of 14th June under Principal 4 of the Data Protection Act ("records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location.").

If they refuse, report them to the Information Commissioner's Office. The ICO have informed me that the more complaints they receive about Zavvi in these circumstances (and they have received more than just mine), and the more people are actually affected by it, the more able they'll be to take action against them (or at least ask them to explain themselves).

You shouldn't be forced to lose out because of Zavvi's inability to find a way of complying with the law!

Last edited:
Go by Amazon UK's date....25 May 2015
If the release date for this is the 25th May I'm puzzled to see eBay sellers happily selling this from the end of last month and listing the release date as the 16th April. There is one seller there up to his usual practices with 9 copies (6 remaining) on offer at a penny under GBP 45. Can someone tell me how the hell someone can get hold of 9 copies of this when I thought Zavvi had a limit of 5 per customer...? Is it another case of "You snooze, you lose" ? Well, yes and no... yes, because those people around when it went live most likely secured their copy and no, because those not on the ball at the time did not because of this disgraceful practice of allowing people to buy these highly prized Disney steelbooks in bulk. Can someone tell me if Zavvi will be cancelling such bulk orders and what happens when the buyer has already sold his entire Zavvi order on eBay?

If the release date for this is the 25th May I'm puzzled to see eBay sellers happily selling this from the end of last month and listing the release date as the 16th April. There is one seller there up to his usual practices with 9 copies (6 remaining) on offer at a penny under GBP 45. Can someone tell me how the hell someone can get hold of 9 copies of this when I thought Zavvi had a limit of 5 per customer...? Is it another case of "You snooze, you lose" ? Well, yes and no... yes, because those people around when it went live most likely secured their copy and no, because those not on the ball at the time did not because of this disgraceful practice of allowing people to buy these highly prized Disney steelbooks in bulk. Can someone tell me if Zavvi will be cancelling such bulk orders and what happens when the buyer has already sold his entire Zavvi order on eBay?

Probably multiple accounts. I also have to wait for this to come back or I'll wait to see pictures of the Italian version

What I tend to do as a postman is look out for the white boxes from zavvi then check the price of them and any that match the price or near I steam open the box . Check to see if it's the correct steel and then just take it I managed to get 54 frozen steel doing that way . And everyone still blames zavvi

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles and MrNano
What I tend to do as a postman is look out for the white boxes from zavvi then check the price of them and any that match the price or near I steam open the box . Check to see if it's the correct steel and then just take it I managed to get 54 frozen steel doing that way . And everyone still blames zavvi
You don't need to steam them open, just open them from the side. A lot less effort :thumbs:

Those 54 Frozen steels will guarantee you wind up at 666 Hell Ave. in the afterlife.:thumbs: