Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: May 12, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

BB_BirdsofPrey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It needs to make as much as $300 million at the box office to break even before making profit in the post-theatrical realm. Out of the U.S., studios only get 20-40% of ticket sales. It all depends on how much more it makes at the theaters and during the post-theatrical period. If they break even after they account for post-theatrical profit, I'm skeptical they would make any more movies with the exception of Suicide Squad, etc. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. I'm not the biggest DC fan, but I wanted to see another movie with a female lead do well at the box office like Wonder Woman or Captain America.

Yes that is true outside the US ticket profits for the studios are less but that’s the thing marketing and studio takings are unknown variables that’s why the golden rule is a movie has to make roughly x2.5 - x3 it’s budget to break even with most of the time it just gets rounded to x3 to simplify it. Which if you apply it to BoP that’s 252 mil so yeah just scraping through with home media sales and merch to boost revenue and profit. Like you say all we can do is wait and see but I’m hoping thag it does well enough to atleast get a Gotham City Sirens movie outside Suicide Squad. While the birds have more chance of getting the next outing in a HBO Max show where atleast Black Canary could make it back to the big screen if WB make a Green Arrow movie down the line since the show has now finished.

Reactions: goufcustom
This is the worst case scenario for the Harley Quinn character in the DCEU:

We got this covered have got nothing covered :rofl: it’s a well known fact that they are one of the most unreliable sources when it comes to Comic Book Movie news. I would trust James Gunn as a source over We got this covered all day every day.

Reactions: MM3
It needs to make as much as $300 million at the box office to break even before making profit in the post-theatrical realm. Out of the U.S., studios only get 20-40% of ticket sales. It all depends on how much more it makes at the theaters and during the post-theatrical period. If they break even after they account for post-theatrical profit, I'm skeptical they would make any more movies with the exception of Suicide Squad, etc. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. I'm not the biggest DC fan, but I wanted to see another movie with a female lead do well at the box office like Wonder Woman or Captain America.

It’s more like 60% in the US.. 20-40% is the amount outside the USA.....of course for movies like Star Wars, the studio gets almost all the money for the first weekend or 2 (at least they did for the first 2).

We got this covered have got nothing covered :rofl: it’s a well known fact that they are one of the most unreliable sources when it comes to Comic Book Movie news. I would trust James Gunn as a source over We got this covered all day every day.

It's true about SQ, but there's no guarantee there will be any more solo movies. Hopefully it works out for Harley Quinn and DC fans, but who knows.

• Friendly
Reactions: willbar84
It’s more like 60% in the US.. 20-40% is the amount outside the USA.....of course for movies like Star Wars, the studio gets almost all the money for the first weekend or 2 (at least they did for the first 2).

Not sure what you're saying...

As a non comic book person (though i often like the movies), I found this movie to be entertaining. CinemaScore was a lackluster B+, but that’s the same as Joker, so you’d think word of mouth would be decent, if not spectacular. I know it won’t be, but I really hope they do this one with gloss.

You really are fan no.1 :giggle: :giggle:

Reactions: willbar84

cute arse :drool: and fkn hilarious show OMG it is so good was firstly hesitant hearing about Kaley Cuoco voicing Harley but damn she really dials it in and becomes Quinn with an Arleen essence. Oh and huge props to Lake Bell as she gives us the absolute best representation of Ivy I’ve seen or read in years and has this whole Daria vibe going on if you remember the show.

Reactions: dfoles
cute arse :drool: and fkn hilarious show OMG it is so good was firstly hesitant hearing about Kaley Cuoco voicing Harley but damn she really dials it in and becomes Quinn with an Arleen essence. Oh and huge props to Lake Bell as she gives us the absolute best representation of Ivy I’ve seen or read in years and has this whole Daria vibe going on if you remember the show.
I’m surprised they didn’t stick with Melissa Rauch for Harley Quinn

I’m surprised they didn’t stick with Melissa Rauch for Harley Quinn

After she got dragged over the coals over her performance of Harley Quinn I’m not surprised WB put their hand back in The Big Bang Theory pool and picked out Kaley. Personally I didn’t mind her portrayal as Harley and was generally excited when she got picked as in TBBT she’s like a lil mouse but goes off like a fire cracker haha. What still blows my mind and has me stumped why I didn’t pick up on it sooner Tara Strong who is a regular VA for Harley is also Timmy Turner from the Fairly OddParents.